The Shield

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by frankpentangeli, Apr 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. frankpentangeli

frankpentangeli New Member Thread Starter

Anybody a fan?

Who's your favorite character?

What's your favorite episode?

My favorite character is Mackey, but I also like Dutch.

My favorite episode is the last episode of the 1st season. Classic.

2. AKA

AKA Senior Member

Me! ME!

I'm also a Vic Mackey fan.

Either The Pilot, or Dragonchasers.

According to Amazon, Season 2 comes out on DVD on October 7. I can't wait.

3. Henry Love

Henry Love Senior Member

Definitely a fan.Best police show on TV for my money.One episode he was chasing a guy that jumped over a wooden gate and Mackey runs through the gate without opening it.

4. Sckott

Sckott Hand Tighten Only.

Same here. Loved it when he walked in with a phonebook to negotiate/interrogate a alleged child molestor. He didn't go in to look up phone numbers, that's for sure!

5. AKA

AKA Senior Member

Did you see the deleted scene on the DVD that took place right after that scene? Wow.

6. Doug Hess Jr.

Doug Hess Jr. Senior Member

I love the show, but my schedule doesn't allow me to watch it at it's regular time--- so I'm waiting for FX to do a marathon.

My wife likes it too, but she has a hard time watching Vic since MICHAEL CHIKLIS played such a mild mannered character on The Commish.

7. VeeDub

VeeDub Senior Member

I loved this show until the writers decided it was *so* important to keep the "moral ambivalence" aspect of the not-so-good guys front and center that the characters just kept doing more and more stupid things. Generally it's been very well done, but I could no longer listen to myself say "oh, come on!" regarding the character's behavior and gave up a few episodes into the 2nd season. Don't get me wrong, I love a "shady protagonist" that hits a lot of gray areas, but this just wasn't doing it for me. Maybe I'll give it another shot on DVD....

Mark

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.