The Simpsons: The Complete Fourth Season - June 15, 2004!

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by AKA, Mar 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AKA

AKA Senior Member Thread Starter

It's early this year! And, from what I remember, this is many of our forum members' favorite season.

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

HOTTER THAN A COOL 'DUFF' IN A WARM SPRINGFIELD SUMMER,
    THE FOURTH INSTALLMENT OF TV’S BEST SELLING DVD PROPERTY ARRIVES FROM FOX HOME ENTERTAINMENT

“THE SIMPSONS” SEASON FOUR DVD COLLECTION

Four-Disc DVD Collection Showcasing All 22 Episodes

Debuts June 15, 2004
    Complete With Bonus Extras

Having Sold Over Five Million DVDs To-Date, “The Simpsons” Franchise Continues To Dominate The Retail Market – “D’oh!”

CENTURY CITY, Calif. –– Break out the Kwik-E-Mart Squishies and pull up a couch -- on June 15, 2004, “THE SIMPSONS” SEASON FOUR DVD COLLECTION debuts from Fox Home Entertainment. Following the record-breaking Season One, Two and Three DVD releases, selling over five million DVDs to-date, “THE SIMPSONS” SEASON FOUR DVD COLLECTION features all 22 episodes from the fourth season (1992-1993) from the longest-running comedy series in primetime. Featuring exclusive bonus material including commentary on each episode, an introduction by Matt Groening, a voiceover featurette with James L. Brooks, an Animation Showcase multi-angle feature, animatics, commercials, deleted scenes and more, the four-disc collection arrives at a suggested retail of $49.98 US / $69.98 Canada.

With over 15 million viewers watching FOX's Emmy® Award-winning hit series every week, and over five million DVDs sold, “THE SIMPSONS” is the best-selling TV DVD property of all time. Fox Home Entertainment will support the release of “THE SIMPSONS” SEASON FOUR DVD COLLECTION with an expansive marketing, publicity and advertising campaign, generating millions of targeted consumer impressions.

“THE SIMPSONS” SEASON FOUR DVD COLLECTION Special Features:

All episodes are compiled on four discs (full frame, aspect ratio 1.33:1). Each episode is presented with English 5.1 Surround, Spanish Dolby Surround, French Dolby Surround Sound and Spanish subtitles. The following is a breakdown of each disc:

Disc One:
    Kamp Krusty (9/24/92)
    A Streetcar Named Marge (10/1/92)
    Homer the Heretic (10/8/92)
    Lisa The Beauty Queen (10/15/92)
    Treehouse of Horror III (10/29/92)
    Itchy & Scratchy: The Movie (11/3/92)

Disc Two:
    Marge Gets a Job (11/5/92)
    New Kid on the Block (11/12/92)
    Mr. Plow (11/19/92)
    Lisa’s First Word (12/3/92)
    Homer’s Triple Bypass (12/17/92)
    Marge vs. The Monorail (1/14/93)

Disc Three:
    Selma’s Choice (1/21/93)
    Brother From the Same Planet (2/4/93)
    I Love Lisa (2/11/93)
    Duffless (2/18/93)
    Last Exit to Springfield (3/11/93)
    So It’s Come to This: A Simpsons Clip Show (4/1/93)

Disc Four:
    The Front (4/15/93)
    Whacking Day (4/29/93)
    Mage in Chains (5/6/93)
    Krusty Gets Kancelled (5/13/93)

About “THE SIMPSONS”

Homer, Marge, Bart, Lisa and Maggie take traditional comedy and family life and turn them upside down in FOX's critically acclaimed series, THE SIMPSONS. THE SIMPSONS exploded into a cultural phenomenon in 1990 and remains one of the most visible and marketable properties both domestically and internationally. This Emmy Award®-winning series successful entry into syndication only added to its appeal, reaching a whole new generation of fans. THE SIMPSONS is also famous for featuring celebrity guest voices such as Michelle Pfeiffer, Mel Gibson, Elizabeth Taylor, Kim Basinger, Danny DeVito and musical guests 'NSync, Britney Spears and Aerosmith. THE SIMPSONS is currently airing its 15th Season.

A recognized industry leader, Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment is the marketing, sales and distribution company for all Fox film and television programming on VHS and DVD as well as video acquisitions and original productions for the U.S. and Canada. Each year the Company introduces hundreds of new and newly repackaged products, which it services to more than 70,000 retail outlets – from mass merchants and warehouse clubs to specialty stores and e-commerce – throughout North America. Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment is a unit of Fox Filmed Entertainment, a Fox Entertainment Group company.

2. Tyler

Tyler Senior Member

One of my favorite seasons, I can't wait tp pick this set up!

3. ascot

ascot Senior Member

"Mmmmm.... Duff."

[​IMG]

4. Mike Dow

Mike Dow I kind of like the music

D'oh! I have to get busy. I bought the 3rd season last August and still haven't made my way through the fourth disc! Normally, I watch each episode, then all of the bonus material and then I try to watch all of the episodes again with the commentary. I picked up both Family Guy sets and I think it set back my viewing. I will certainly pick this up on the first day! Thanks for the news.

5. bartels76

bartels76 Forum Hall Of Fame

I Can't Wait!!!!!

6. Evan L

Evan L Beatologist

"Mr. Plow", "Brother From The Same Planet", and "Krusty Gets Kancelled" are all among the very best Simpsons episode. Especially the last one: how can you go wrong seeing Johnny Carson spinning a Buick above his head while singing opera? :laugh:

Evan

7. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

As a minor FYI - "Mr. Plow" is already on DVD. It's on the Christmas DVD from last year...

8. Jefhart

Jefhart Senior Member

It's about freakin' time. At the rate they're churning these out I'll be dead before all the seasons are released. Put down the donuts, Fox, and get movin'. MMMMMM, Donuts.

Jeff

9. Jimbo

Jimbo Forum Hall Of Fame

"Last Exit To Springfield": Best...episode...EVER!! :agree: :righton:

10. njwiv

njwiv Senior Member

Only one season left until my favorite episode, "Cape Feare"! :righton:

11. ashleyfan

ashleyfan New Member

At the rate of two seasons a year, I suppose it will be about.....hmmmm, thinking here....counting on fingers and toes....

2004: Seasons 4 and 5
    2005: 6 and 7
    2006: 8 and 9
    2007: 10 and 11
    2008: 12 and 13
    2009: 14 and 15
    2010: 16 and 17
    2011: 18 and 19
    2012: 20 and 21

Those 2010-2012 release dates are projected contingent upon them making 20 seasons-I'd like to see them last 21 seasons myself and outdo "Gunsmoke" as the longest-lasting prime-time show of any format. And I'm assuming they would be released two sets a year-if released once a year, they would be 2004 (4), and end no earlier than 2015 for season 15. But haven't they always released them two a year?

12. AKA

AKA Senior Member Thread Starter

Gunsmoke holds the record? How many seasons was Lassie on?

13. guy incognito

guy incognito Senior Member

This was the season when I first started watching "The Simpsons" in earnest. Before then, I'd caught the occasional episode and found the show amusing enough, but for some reason I hadn't made a point of tuning in every week. I believe it was the monorail episode that convinced me I needed to make this "appointment television".

Looking forward to the set for sure! :righton:

14. guy incognito

guy incognito Senior Member

17 as a network series (1954-1971), although it did continue as a syndicated show for two more years.

15. b&w

b&w Forum Resident

Great episode..."i'll get you middlerrrrr" makes me laugh every time.... bring em on faster please fox

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.