The Sound of Vinyl - 40% Off Sitewide.

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by TxRangersFan, Nov 29, 2021.

1. Mistermono

Mistermono Forum Resident

Bank error in your favour.

GingerHoly likes this.
  2. GingerHoly

GingerHoly Well-Known Member

Upon investigating further, things get even stranger... but I think I've figured out what happened... kinda.

I placed multiple orders on the first day of the sale, and a few days after they were delivered, I noticed that they were still marked as "unfulfilled" in my SoV order history. I remember thinking this was odd, but just assumed their system was slow to update.

Now that I'm looking through my order history from that time period again, I realize that they're still listed as "unfulfilled" - all except for one, which wasn't re-delivered today. So perhaps their system is automatically attempting to send out orders that are 6+ months old and flagged as unfulfilled?

A couple other notes:

- one of the albums I ordered wasn't re-shipped, but it's currently sold out on the SoV site (I did receive it the first time).

- they also just sent me an album that I never ordered, but the inventory sticker on the back is from an album I did order.

Rarely does incompetence come out in favor of the consumer, but that seems to be SoV's entire business model... and I'm okay with that :)

superstar19 and hutlock like this.
  3. FWatty

FWatty Collector of Zuni Fetish Dolls

They’re basically the same as udiscover, which a few months back refunded my entire order for two GNR Locked N Loaded boxes because the second one never arrived. They really just don’t care.

GingerHoly likes this.
  4. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

Funny because I just received a second box of three records that they actually fulfilled already. A YEAR AGO.

I wasn’t charged, so someone is asleep at the wheel over there for sure. Suddenly wish I had bought more from them before!

superstar19 likes this.
  5. GingerHoly

Good lord. Now that's impressive.

Just today? Well this might get interesting.

Was your original order marked as "unfulfilled"?

hutlock likes this.
  6. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

It was indeed.

7. hype

hype Forum Resident

ah man I bought a ton a year ago as well and you guys got me excited to go check the status on all my old past orders but it looks like they're all "fulfilled".. That's awesome though for anyone that is benefitting from it! It's amazing how much they are screwing themselves over and just keep doing it.

While somewhat on the subject has anyone recently got any kind of answer on whether they will allow us to use rewards during sales again in the future?

hutlock likes this.
  8. GingerHoly

It's still happening.

There was a stack of LP mailers (8 in all) sitting on my doorstep this evening when I got home - orders that they already sent me 9 months ago.

This is absolutely hilarious.

hype, hutlock and FWatty like this.
  9. FWatty

So unfair!

10. FWatty

I just check my account and I had about $1,000 of orders last year, so I'm waiting for my porch stacks.

GentleSenator and hutlock like this.
  11. micksmuse

micksmuse Forum Resident

The Sound Of Confusion

12. FWatty

It's been weeks since I last tried, but the website is still a non-loading piece of junk. Is anyone else experiencing the same or is it just my setup?

13. riverrat

riverrat Senior Member

It's a POS. A joke. They don't seem give **** if they sell records or not.
    The only reason to bother, IMO, is that for some reason they have a lot of really obscure jazz and world titles.
    Granted a lot are OOS but some are not..

14. GingerHoly

Working fine on my end. I didn't try the check-out process, but the search & add to cart functions are loading as expected.

15. TxRangersFan

TxRangersFan Senior Member Thread Starter

Same here. Maybe their web server is busy mining for crypto. :rolleyes:

16. throwupmyhands

throwupmyhands Forum Resident

It works for me. I've visited it a lot in the last couple weeks (trying to decide how to redeem my points), and I haven't had any issues with loading. The only issue I encounter on the site is that sometimes when you click on the name of an artist, there is an error instead of taking me to the artist's page.

17. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged

I got item #2 from a four-item order last week. Although it wasn’t the album I ordered. Same artist, so “close” but no cigar. I immediately emailed them about their error and, seven days later, have heard nothing.

I really need to use up all my points and be done with them.

GentleSenator and FWatty like this.
  18. mrjinks

An update on this. So I received the "wrong" Elton John LP from them on September 7th and immediately emailed them. There has been no response to date.
    I contacted them via their web form for the same issue, on Sep 13, after not hearing back. There's been no response to this inquiry either.

Wow. Just wow.

19. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

they really don't care enough to employ anyone to watch the customer service lines. WEA is the same way. we just have to lower our expectations and not be afraid to escalate with paypal or the cc companies.

20. mrjinks

I'll do that at some point. However, I had a 4-item order to get the 40% discount. First item came in fine. 2nd was the incorrect one. #3-#4 not due for some weeks yet.

Even given their raging incompetence, I figured they'd be able to send me the in-stock item I ordered, rather than a different item. Clearly I was overly optimistic - that's not typically a problem for me.
    :laugh:

GentleSenator likes this.
  21. Buggyhair

Buggyhair Forum Resident

I'm trying to shop their $25 off a $100 purchase sale and the site has been unresponsive for the past hour.

(edit) Apparently this is a Firefox problem. I switched to the Microsoft browser and everything loads like lightning while Firefox still won't.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2022
    TxRangersFan likes this.
  22. mrjinks

This afternoon, a mere 36 days after first emailing their customer service, I received this response:
    Thanks for your extended patience.

We wanted to let you know that our team is looking into this for you and will be back in touch with a resolution as soon as possible!

Please let us know if you have any further questions or concerns in the meantime. I'm truly sorry for any convenience.​

Maybe filing a complaint with the Better Business Bureau paid off?

23. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

dear lord.

24. hype

hype Forum Resident

Yup, my order had been sitting for months and it took me three emails to finally get a response and now it's been a week plus since I answered back with what I wanted to do. They always took awhile to respond in the past but it still usually all got worked out within a week or so which was fine with me but for the past 6 or so months there customer service is nearly nonexistent and not even helpful in the near miracle you do get a response.

They have also been using the excuse "Our fulfilment center is running behind" for years now as a default response to anything. Last year they told me this after nearly 5 months had passed and I forgot about the order so I asked them to redo the order without one of the items that had gone OOS because of the longgggg wait and sure enough it shipped a day or two later.. Kind of sad they're this incompetent. Unless they do another 40% off it's not worth the headache at all and even then i'd be very hesitant at this point.

GentleSenator likes this.
  25. Thesmellofvinyl

Thesmellofvinyl Senior Member

Currently 30% off with code HOLIDAY if you are one of their “rewards” members; which evidently is accomplished simply by registering your details.

Fred Dender, TxRangersFan and hi_watt like this.