The Stereo Workshop in Clifton Park, NY is Closing

Discussion in 'Music, Movie and Hardware Store Guide' started by Thesmellofvinyl, Dec 30, 2019.

1. Thesmellofvinyl

Thesmellofvinyl Forum Resident Thread Starter

I see where Ronnie Alvaro has posted on Facebook that he has not found anyone who wants to buy the business, so he plans to close the shop at the end of May. "I'm in my 43rd year of operation," he wrote "It's time to move on and start a new career!"

Folks in the Albany, NY area who need work done on stereo equipment will sure miss this place.

The Stereo Workshop, Inc.

2. Thesmellofvinyl

Thesmellofvinyl Forum Resident Thread Starter

Today, Ron announced he will stay open another year; one of the effects of the pandemic—it delayed his retirement.

3. stoopid

stoopid Active Member

I'm from the area (only recently moved West). Looking at the map, it's a bit off the beaten path. Good service shops have a hard time staying afloat in busy strip malls and main street, he must have been really good at what he does to stay in business so long.

4. Chee

Chee Forum Resident

Has American Pie in Ventura closed? He had a "I'm moving to South America" ad thing for years: will sell the contents. They stopped. I think it is a reconverted storage unit.