SH Spotlight The Steve Hoffman Music Forums 15th anniversary is January 12, 2017, congrats to all of us!

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Steve Hoffman, Jan 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. markp

markp I am always thinking about Jazz.

Wow, I've been a member for 5 years, and was visiting for a couple years before then. Can't believe how much I've learned about music and records that has added to my lifelong passion for music. Thank you!

2. scotpagel

scotpagel Forum Resident

I remember when discovered this site in 2009 and was enlightened by the wealth of knowledge from here. I have literally spent over 10k since than on music and equipment and I happy about it :)

andrewskyDE likes this.
  3. Dr Faustus

Dr Faustus A younger man now getting old

I've been coming here almost daily since September 2002. This place has deepened my love for music, cost me a great deal of money and introduced me to some music I wouldn't otherwise have heard. Thanks Steve, the Gorts and everyone for making this such a cool place to hang out!

Another Steve and andrewskyDE like this.
  4. moops

moops Senior Member

Joined 2009, my first ever internet forum post was here and I pasted the Led Zep Barry Diament masterings in a thread.
    To my surprise Barry was also a member here.
    After a bit of humble pie and an apologetic PM to Barry I got into the groove of this place.
    It was a steep learning curve, but a necessary one in hindsight.

I've emailed the gorts once to cancel my membership, but then realised it's easier to just avoid the threads that push my buttons.
    And I'm still here, and wiser for it ...... how about that !

:wave:

5. SebUK

SebUK Forum Resident

This is the best forum I've ever found, no question. A real community spirit, great mix of ages (although it's also nice to have found a place online where I'm not the oldest too!)
    Lots of info, great discussion and most of all a sharing of a true love of music.
    congrats to all who make it such a wonderful place.

6. Chris C

Chris C Music was my first love and it will be my last!

I joined a month after it all started in February 2002 and while I've hit a few bumps in the road here, it has otherwise been a great place to learn and talk about the things that I love most.

Thanks to you, Steve Hoffman, for allowing it all to continue for us.

Thanks to the Gorts, for keeping it all somewhat "tamed".

and, thanks to the many members here who have made my daily visits so worthy, some of whom have become long-distant friends!

One member, who became a friend and who is sadly no longer with us, is member "Drawer L" (Denis B.). Denis became a member in September 2003 and he, like me, had a passion for similar music. Lesser loved groups like The Cowsills, The Four Seasons and The Hudson Brothers, were all as important to us, as The Beatles are. Denis was sadly killed in an auto accident, when he apparently lost control of his SUV and it flipped on an exit of The Long Island Expressway, as he was returning home from the library, where he posted daily on this forum. Denis, you have not been forgotten old friend and I often get a smile (or tear), when a certain old song comes on, that reminds me of you and your passion of music!

A tip of my wine glass to "The Steve Hoffman Forum" ..., "Here is to many more years of music in our lives with as little distortion as possible!"

Tuco, Yovra, Dorian75 and 2 others like this.
  7. eric777

eric777 Astral Projectionist

I have been a member for almost a year which is longer then I have ever managed to stay on a forum. I love this place.

Congratulations :wave:

andrewskyDE likes this.
  8. SammyJoe

SammyJoe Up The Irons!

:)
    Congrats! And thank you all for making this forum possible!
    Steve Hoffman Music Forums has been truly great resource for me through the years.
    This is the best forum ever and to just put it simply the best forum in the whole internet, no doubt about that.
    Friendly people with good advices and recommendations on good music.

I think I found this some time in 2009 or so (must have seen it even earlier via some google-searches),mas I was looking for exact info on then upcoming The Beatles remasters.
    As I kept looking for info on couple different forums, it was pure luck that I bookmarked this forum to my favorites.
    Kept on reading stuff, browsing numerous interesting threads, lurked around but luckily then in 2010, I finally registered account as I really wanted to participate on the talk here, and Im still here.
    Think I have to revisit those old threads someday, particularly the multi-part dedicated thread for The Beatles 2009 remasters. Oh, those times.
    :-popcorn::wave::righton:

Last edited: Jan 10, 2017
  9. junk

junk Hellion

I must admit I've learned a lot of very useful things from the members of this forum that I've applied in my real life. Very helpful indeed. Sincerely.
    :cheers:

andrewskyDE likes this.
  10. Orthogonian Blues

Orthogonian Blues A man with a fork in a world full of soup.

Since joining this place, my wallet has become much emptier.

But my head, and my soul, have been filled with more great music.

So, on balance, thanks everyone!

andrewskyDE and DLant like this.
  11. Audjack

Audjack Forum Resident

helping people is what it is all about at its core.

12. Rudi

Rudi Forum Resident

Thanks to Steve and all the Gorts and members for making this place so awesome. I come here every day and love to talk about music. I've been turned on to so much great music and info on masterings. Here's to 15 more years. Cheers!

andrewskyDE likes this.
  13. hbbfam

hbbfam Forum Resident

Could not have said it better. I spend time w my friends and compatriots on this forum everyday. Thank you, Steve, Gotta, and fellow music lovers.

14. Mike Campbell

Mike Campbell Forum Resident

So Glad I joined....Love all the musically astute members.....

15. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

Happy Anniversary! Thanks for keeping this site as a great place to discuss music.

andrewskyDE likes this.
  16. Chris DeVoe

Chris DeVoe RIP Vickie Mapes Williams (aka Equipoise)

It's the Forum's quinceaƱera? My, how time flies. Save a dance for your Uncle Chris.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2017
  17. John B Good

John B Good Forum Hall Of Fame

Congratulations indeed!

Here's to many more years :cheers:

18. pathosdrama

pathosdrama Forum Resident

Didn't know it has been around for so long, I signed on around 2009.
    Congratulations.

19. Yankeefan01

Yankeefan01 Forum Resident

This is a great site. I spend way too much time here. Found this place from the Allman Brothers Forum. There was a link to the Bobby Whitlock thread there and I was hooked.

Congrats Steve, and thanks for a great place to hang out.

20. HGN2001

HGN2001 Mystery picture member

Member since the inaugural year of 2002.

Is there a new Favicon? The reel looks different.

andrewskyDE likes this.
  21. Dorian75

Dorian75 Forum President

I noticed that too.

22. MikaelaArsenault

MikaelaArsenault Forum Resident

Two more days until the big day! :goodie:

andrewskyDE likes this.
  23. HGN2001

HGN2001 Mystery picture member

The reel Favicon is essentially the same, but no longer has a square, black frame.

24. Mylene

Mylene Senior Member

I only joined to pay out someone's deluded comments about The Beach Boys and I've been here every day since.

Gavinyl and andrewskyDE like this.
  25. Tony Stark

Tony Stark New Member

I just recently joined, though I've read through many different threads here prior to creating my profile. Thank you all for the wisdom!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.