The TAMI Show is ready for DVD release!!

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Steve Hoffman, Nov 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cheepnik

Cheepnik Overfed long-haired leaping gnome

They weren't.

2. Charles LePage

Charles LePage New Member

Re: The TAMI Show is ready for DVD release from the 35mm negs!

Bill Sargent passed away 10/19/2003.

3. ernie11

ernie11 Senior Member

I can't wait to buy this DVD. Just to get you all in the mood for this DVD, here's an original picture sleeve of the theme song. This PS is a bit scarce, too.

"Here they come...."

Attached Files:

4. johnny33

johnny33 New Member

Do we yet know when its due to hit the streets?

5. Marty Milton

Marty Milton Senior Member

I have a Jan and Dean Live album with that exact picture on it. Any idea how much the album might be worth?

6. ernie11

ernie11 Senior Member

If it's the Jan and Dean "Command Performance" LP, Liberty LRP-3403, then it's fairly common. My wild guess might be $20 if it were in near mint condition, much less for a well-played copy.

7. Marty Milton

Marty Milton Senior Member

Yeah, that is the album I have. It is not even close to being in near mint condition. Thanks for the info, though.

8. Todd E

Todd E Forum Resident

I wouldn't give you a nickel for it, if that helps any.

9. Joel Cairo

Joel Cairo Video Gort / Paiute Warrior Staff

I should point out that if anyone feels that the video quality of this otherwise definitive release should be processed with LiveFeed, in order to regain the look of the original videotape source, they can (and should!) contact Dick Clark Productions. You can find their contact information here:

http://www.dickclarkproductions.com/index.html

Of course, if you do decide to contact them, please let them know your views **politely**... :)

-Kevin

10. Michael St. Clair

Michael St. Clair Forum Resident

Is there a full-res sample clip of LiveFeed processing anywhere? 640x480? 720x480? If only for a few seconds...

11. Mal

Mal Phorum Physicist

Yeah - I'd like to see a before & after sample if you've got one Kevin :agree:

12. Joel Cairo

Joel Cairo Video Gort / Paiute Warrior Staff

Well, guys-- Andrew Solt did just release 3 hours of "after"... :) but if you'd like to see the "before", I'd recommend a copy of "Ed Sullivan's Rock 'n' Roll Classics, Volume 4"... it uses the same source films. I'm sure it's easy to find on Amazon...

Believe me, it's a very effective comparison! :D

-Kevin

13. Mal

Mal Phorum Physicist

Aw, come on Kevin - don't be shy!

You must have a couple of stills that will at leasts give us an idea of what "LiveFeed" can do?....

:)

14. Chip TRG

Chip TRG Senior Member

Stills will show nothing of what the process does. I've seen it, so I can say that it is a truly "motion" visual thing.

Pick up the DVD's...you will NOT be dissapointed!!!! TRUST ME!!!!!!!!!

15. Mal

Mal Phorum Physicist

Surely stills would show that the original tapes look like kinescopes whereas the LiveFeed processed tapes look more like the original feed would have, no?

16. johnny33

johnny33 New Member

Ok. OK.. I realize its only been a month..

But any more news on this ?? :D

17. DrBopp

DrBopp New Member

It was reported that Martha and the Vandellas sang backup for Marvin Gaye at the T.A.M.I show? I can't really confirm that, but that's what I read somewhere. I saw the show in the movies when it was released and have been looking for it for the past 5 years with no luck. I would really love to have a copy of it. I look foward to the release date!

18. drbryant

drbryant Senior Member

I could be wrong, but I am 99% sure it was the Blossoms -- Darlene Love (of Spector/Crystals fame), Fanita James, and someone else. They get a lot of screen time in the movie. The greatest back-up singers in rock history -- it is them backing Elvis in his '68 special.

19. Gary Mack

Gary Mack Active Member

IMDB says Martha & The Vandellas and so do a few other sites. I dunno..... :confused:

GM

20. drbryant

drbryant Senior Member

Searched through a bunch of boxes and was able to find my old copy of "Born to Rock", which combined the TAMI and TNT Shows. It is definitely the Blossoms. They get a lot of screen time during Stubborn Kind of Fellow and Hitchhike, and they sound and look great. I am really looking forward to the TAMI Show release. It won't have the Ronettes, who were in the TNT Show, and a few others, but the original movie is the way to go.

21. rhkwon

rhkwon Forum Resident

Any new news on this? I was reading some web sites regarding this show. I'd really like to see the Jan and Dean parts with them riding their motorcycles and skateboards!

22. Todd E

Todd E Forum Resident

Shout! Factory has been using LiveFeed on some of their releases. There's a brief demo on the Kingston Trio disc, and I believe the whole Hootenanny set (out soon) is LiveFeed processed.

It looks pretty good to me, but nobody's going to confuse it with newly-shot material.

23. Cheepnik

Cheepnik Overfed long-haired leaping gnome

The only chance I've had to see LiveFeed is on the Presley/Sullivan set....not sure what I think of it yet. It doesn't quite look like video, and it doesn't quite look like film. Maybe it just takes getting used to.

24. reechie

reechie Senior Member

Nobody said this was imminent...just that it was being worked on. We could still have a long wait. :shrug:

25. rhkwon

rhkwon Forum Resident

:(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.