The Terror: Infamy (Season Two)

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by trem two, Aug 12, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trem two

trem two Forum Resident Thread Starter

Season Two of The Terror: Infamy begins tonight on AMC.
    Looking forward to this.

JohnBeas and kanakaris like this.
  2. Bachtoven

Bachtoven Forum Resident

Yep, it looks good.

3. Chris from Chicago

Chris from Chicago Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes

Thoroughly creepy. I'll be checking out more of this.

The brothel keeper is... beautiful

4. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member

It couldn’t keep my attention past 20 min. A snoozer.

What does this have to do with the original series? Some name recognition, hop along, to keep this kind of “American Horror Story” idea a float?

Fail.

Scott222C and GentleSenator like this.
  5. Brenald79

Brenald79 Forum Resident

I’m going to watch this since it’s filmed near me but I lasted about 20min as well. Looks like a show to watch early the morning with a pot of coffee in order to pay attention.

6. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

was waiting with baited breath for your opinion as i opted not to watch last night.

an odd choice to keep a series going when both the name and the plot were clearly meant only to be a limited series.

the show is getting pretty positive feedback though... so i might still check it out if only just to see if i agree with your other sentiments!

GodShifter likes this.
  7. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member

I’ll probably give it another shot pretty soon. The cinematography and sets looked good. I wasn’t in the right mood to watch it when I tried.

GentleSenator likes this.
  8. jon9091

jon9091 Master Of Reality

The wife and I liked it. I’m glad it’s a new story, as I think they took the first story as far as it could go.

GodShifter likes this.
  9. misterbozz

misterbozz Senior Member

While I quite enjoyed this it felt pretty much like a standard Japanese ghost story with pretty much stock characters. I will stick with it to see how the historical aspect plays out.

10. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member

Yeah, if they had tried to extend the first story to a second season it wouldn’t have worked at all (and I would have been pissed).

11. jon9091

jon9091 Master Of Reality

We don’t even have AMC via cable. It was available on the AMC app for free. Probably to get us hooked. Now we’re trying to figure out how to watch the rest of the series for cheap.

12. Bachtoven

Bachtoven Forum Resident

So far it's not as good as the first season, but I will keep watching.

Haggis Wampovich likes this.
  13. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

i sat through the first episode last night and while i didn't nod off after 20 mins like @GodShifter , i also wasn't fully enthralled.

maybe i should have looked into the subject matter a bit more beyond the promotional blurbs. after all, i was reminded that the first episode of the first season was mostly all table setting as well, and things didn't take a hard turn until a couple episodes in. but i was game for the whole season because of how rich the source material and history was. i knew stuff would get intense and it did beyond what i could have imagined. maybe i'll stick around for season 2, at least for a couple more episodes, but out of the gate things felt a little on the nose.

also painfully missing is the caliber of actors that the first season had. but perhaps they're planning on trying to shock us with a quick elimination of george takei's character? ;)

14. Madness

Madness "Hate is much too great a burden to bear."

Watched the first two episodes of season 1 then gave up.

15. Chris from Chicago

Noticed a couple of things that usually go way over my head.

As the Japanese step off the bus and walk into the fenced internment camp...an American flag unfurls signifying they are playing under our rules.

The government rounded up a bunch of young Japanese children to bring them to an unfamiliar place.

A scared and confused Japanese elderly man with nowhere to go but where he's told pushed to the brink grabs a gun and points it at authority only to get shot dead in his tracks.

Comment on society? Or coincidence?

16. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member

I'm going to go with the former though I'm sure that kind of thing did happen when the Japanese were forced into the interment camps during WWII.

I still need to watch this (better said, finish the first episode). I finished up Mindhunter yesterday so I'll start in earnest on this.

Chris from Chicago likes this.
  17. beccabear67

beccabear67 Musical omnivore.

Season 2 Episode 1 is all I've seen and I thought it was really well done, except, didn't they show a 'loose lips' type WWII poster on a wall? This totally threw me as it made me think Pearl Harbor must've happened then, and yet they are in California fishing, and yet, and yet... total fubar trying to figure out the time of the events they're showing because of the stupid poster they make sure we notice... until the Pearl Harbor attack happens. Seems like an extremely stupid mistake to have made, and even then could've been saved if they'd just flashed a date at the start.

Well, I will give it another episode, but to do so much work to make things right and then blow it on one totally wrong thing... that happens again I quit something. I know a fair bit about Japanese mythology and the internment.

I liked the first series quite a bit.

18. Chris from Chicago

Each episode is less scary, less mysterious, and less interesting than the previous one. I wanted to like this. And I'll see it all the way through. But I found myself chatting with the wife through it. Not really caring about the story they're trying to tell.

Borgia and GentleSenator like this.
  19. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member

I think the main problem for me is the antagonist/monster just isn’t very mysterious or interesting. This kind of thing has been done before many times over.

Chris from Chicago likes this.
  20. trem two

trem two Forum Resident Thread Starter

Did the show imply that the monster was invoked by the Japanese military ? There was a mention of a Japanese admiral.
    The monster did arrive on the day Pearl Harbor was attacked... Part of the attack on the US?
    I get a sense that the dropping of the Atom bomb on Japan by the US may play a role in the outcome of the monsters demise, or...?

I still have enough curiosity in the show to continue watching it.
    Got to admit, the US camps seem pretty monstrous, and I don't just mean there size.
    The face off of two cultural monstrosities? Which is the greater evil?

21. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

i gotta say, i mostly laughed my way through the second episode. the notion that this (now a) series needs to be about monsters is a critical misstep. this is horribly uninteresting and i guess that's what happens when there's nothing to adapt.

i won't be continuing this one, unfortunately.

22. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member

You know what? You’re absolutely right on that.

23. Brenald79

Brenald79 Forum Resident

I might just read a summary at the end of the season and pretend I saw this.

GodShifter likes this.
  24. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

right? i mean they laid all their cards out on the table in the very first episode! the "terror" this is not in this go-round, i'm afraid.

think i may just re-watch the first season to cleanse the palate. without subtitles this time!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.