The Thing Limited Edition ( Arrow Video)

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Sgt Pepper, Jul 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Wanderer

The Wanderer Seeker of Truth

Reading this thread beginning-to-end, right now, it remains unclear which is the best HD release for me to purchase -

Your learned opinions, please.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2018
  2. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

is this going to be released on region 1 or is it?

3. Free_Hat

Free_Hat Forum Resident

The 2017 4K scan is available in the recent Scream Factory BD steelbook reissue. I think it looks really good. Doesn't have the color tweaks or DNR of the 2016 2K Scream Factory.

Does anyone have this new release and last year's Arrow to compare? Curious to know if it's actually Arrow's work or a new unfutzed transfer done by SF.

4. stepeanut

stepeanut The gloves are off

The Arrow edition is almost* universally considered superior to the Shout Factory.

This one has been done to death, and there is plenty of evidence in favour of Arrow, on DVDBeaver, Capsaholic, Blu-ray.com, etc.

For example:

The Thing Blu-ray - Kurt Russell

I don’t care enough about the film to get involved further, but the evidence is out there.

*The only hold-outs being a handful of non-industry fans bickering back and forth on various online forums for months on end.

Robert C likes this.
  5. The Wanderer

The Wanderer Seeker of Truth

As we know, this film was truly ground-breakingly horrifically perfect, if so seriously dismissed and under-rated.

Regrettably, once a film is post-release it's normally forgotten - not this one.

6. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

maybeso, but I can't play it here in the USA due to Region B coding! and that sucks...NO all region player.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.