The UniBooBoo. Did I dream this?

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Steve Hoffman, Apr 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host Thread Starter

A cartoon where Boo Boo Bear was accused of being the UniBooBoo and Yogi and other HB cartoon characters were in court to testify that he was a good bear, but it ended up as an "expose" on Boo Boo's "special relationship" with Yogi Bear. Sick stuff but funny.

Did I dream this? I don't think so. It was on very late at night just as I was dozing off....

2. reechie

reechie Senior Member

I've never seen anything like that, but it sounds similar to the stuff they do on Harvey Birdman, Attorney At Law on Cartoon Network's Adult Swim. Did you fall asleep with Cartoon Network on, Steve?

3. reechie

reechie Senior Member

Yep, it's Harvey Birdman...here's a synopsis:

Episode 4. Death by Chocolate

gs: Tom Kenny (Boo Boo Bear) Maurice LaMarche (Yogi Bear) Steve Landesberg (Doctor Quincy) Frank Welker (Fed #1, Juror) Erik Richter (Yogi Bear #2) Ken Brady (Cop #1) Luca Magnanini (Cop #2) Matt Peccini (Bear)

The Jellystone Park bear Boo Boo is captured by federal agents, accused of being the "Unabooboo", a revolutionary sending boobytrapped gift baskets & cookie bouquets to all the heads of corporate America. Harvey defends Boo Boo in court, while Myron Reducto is prosecution for the government.

b: 14-Jul-2002 pc: 10-04 w: Michael Ouweleen & Erik Richter d: Ben Jones

NOTE: Originally titled, "Unabooboo", in reference to Boo Boo's 'terrorist' alias.
    * This episode sees the introduction of the man in eye-patch and tuxedo, whom Harvey simply calls, "The Boss." He's apparently known as Phil Ken Sebben, and is based upon the character "Falcon Seven" from the original Birdman series.
    * This was the last episode of the show's short lived production at Allied Arts and Science.

http://www.tvtome.com/tvtome/servlet/EpisodeGuideSummary/showid-5484/

4. Steve Hoffman

Great!

I guess I did fall asleep with the Cartoon Network on!

5. Andrew

Andrew Chairman of the Bored

That was a great show, I wish Cartoon Network would have it on more often! The episode where Apache Chief (a minor character from "Superfriends") gets hot coffee spilled in his groin area (rendering him ...err, impotent) is a masterpiece. Rock on, Harvey!

6. Sckott

Sckott Hand Tighten Only.

UniBooBoo. Can we use this as slang on the forum? :laugh:

7. Andrew

In the future it might be appropriate to use it to refer to the (impending) Apple/Universal Music merger, huh?

8. Jefhart

Jefhart Senior Member

UNIBOOBOO - A wide ranging, universally acknowledged error in judgement not open to discussion. Ex. Letting certain mastering engineers near certain classic music catalogues.:)

Jeff

9. Sckott

Sckott Hand Tighten Only.

Maybe to an eBay purchase?

1. You buy an MFSL for too much money
    2. You recieve it bent up by Mr. Postman
    3. It sounds horrible
    4. It skips.
    5. You cannot return it
    6. You get bad feedback anyway and
    7. You can't sell it because everyone else has one...

That's a UniBooBoo.

Screwing up with the Ms? That's an automatic UniBooBoo.

10. aashton

aashton Here for the waters...

There is also a Harvey Birdman where they do a similar thing to the Flintstones - very surreal and quite funny :D

All the best - Andrew

11. reechie

reechie Senior Member

Perhaps it's a mis-pressed Neil Diamond record? :D

12. Evan L

Evan L Beatologist

Another great recent Yogi Bear cartoon was done by John Kricfalusi, creator of Ren & Stimpy. Called "Boo Boo Goes Wild", it was about Boo Boo's regression to a "real" bear, complete with claws and drool. The best part was where Cindy Bear finds him more appealing than Yogi! More "Bear-like", I guess.

13. stereoptic

stereoptic Anaglyphic GORT Staff

14. Andrew

A brilliant "Sopranos" parody. Bummer if the Harvey Birdman show is already a goner. :(

15. Beatlelennon65

Beatlelennon65 Active Member

This is almost unbearable.
    I saw the one with Apache Chief and the one with The Flintstones. Fred was a mob boss. This is funny stuff.

Sir Apache Chief is here to see you.
    Which one?
    Apache Chief.
    Which one?
    Apache Chief sir.
    I know; which one? Oh...

16. Ken_McAlinden

Ken_McAlinden MichiGort Staff

I just saw a hilarious Harvey Birdman, AaL last night. After being socially jilted by Harvey Birdman on a few occasions, X, The Eliminator is trying to destroy Birdman with his death ray. It's this huge machine for which he keeps having to find a three-pronged outlet to plug-in before firing it. It is tube based, so every time he fires it he has to wait a minute for it to charge itself back up. A couple times in a row he tries to use it in the court room, it shuts completely down, and they cut to X at the electronics store cursing the @%&* tubes under his breath before cutting back to the courtroom where he tries again. Funny stuff.

...and I swear I am not making this up. Beware those solid state supervillains, though. They lack warmth, but are more consistently deadly.

Regards,

17. teaser5

teaser5 Cool Rockin' Daddy

Steve Landesberg

Isn't that the dude from the old Barney Miller show?
    Guy was funny.
    Do you remember the Barney Miller when they ate the hash brownies?
    That was some funny stuff

Peace
    Norm

18. Steve-oh

Steve-oh Senior Member

It's not.:D The last few weeks have been brand new, including a two-parter with the Blue Falcon (changed to a Spanish-tinged Blue Falcone) and Dynomutt.

Unibooboo is great, as is the Flintstones one and the Scooby Doo/Shaggy episode, heavy on references to their extracurricular activities.

19. Steve Hoffman

I saw a Harvey Birdman I hadn't seen with the hippo Peter Potimus in it. Mainly incomprehensible but still funny.

I don't know how they get the rights to use real cartoon characters. Maybe they don't have rights and just do it. Heh.

20. Steve-oh

Steve-oh Senior Member

I think I read somewhere that they have a working agreement with Hanna Barbera.

21. reechie

reechie Senior Member

Doesn't Cartoon Network pretty much own Hanna Barbera now?

22. Jeff H.

Jeff H. Senior Member

I could totally picture James Gandolfini playing Fred Flinstone!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.