The Velvet Underground - White Light/White Heat (Favorite Track Poll & General Discussion Thread)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by gpg6212, Dec 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mr.datsun

mr.datsun Incompletist

The early pre-Ludwig mastered CDs are definitely worth hearing.

Dodoz likes this.
  2. Figure of Eight

Figure of Eight Forum Resident

Ooh, this is either "Lady Godiva's Operation", which has such a beautiful melody, or "I Heard Her Call My Name" for "and then my mind split open... *squealing feedback*" ... I don't get the praise for "Sister Ray", I get incredibly bored of it after the first few minutes.

3. stetsonic

stetsonic Forum Resident

You know you couldn't hit it sideways :D

4. SoundDoctor

SoundDoctor Forum Resident

Sister Ray by far tho I love the rest of the album too.

5. Figure of Eight

Figure of Eight Forum Resident

The first 9 minutes or so are as thrilling as anything they ever did, but then they ruin it by keeping on going.

6. MikeM

MikeM Senior Member

Setting aside "The Gift" and "Lady Godiva's Operation," which in their own way are novelty tracks AFAIC, I really can't pick a "favorite" amongst the others. Each of them has something different to recommend it, and I love them all.

For the hell of it, I voted for "Here She Comes Now" just because it's such an atmospheric track, and subtle compared with the others, which knock your head off (in an absolutely wonderful way!). As I rather feared, it's the lowest-rated of the non-novelty tracks — and that's a shame.

But ranking greatness against greatness is a futile exercise anyway.

mr.datsun likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.