"The Venture Bros." Ongoing Discussion (The Thread of Calamitous Intent)

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by vince, May 29, 2008.

1. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

Oh, I'm crushed. Apparently the cancellation has been confirmed:

Venture Bros. Creator Confirms Show Has Been Cancelled

[​IMG]

They say they were "halfway through writing Season 8," so maybe the scripts can come out in some form, even as a comic book or something.

I really loved the show and it was pretty much the only thing we watched on Cartoon Network.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2020
    vince likes this.
  2. mcchocchoc

mcchocchoc Forum Resident

Terrible news. What a f*****g bummer.

ianuaditis likes this.
  3. BeatleJWOL

BeatleJWOL Carnival of Light enjoyer... IF I HAD ONE

mcchocchoc likes this.
  4. mcchocchoc

5. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law Thread Starter

6. Ken_McAlinden

Ken_McAlinden MichiGort Staff

Sad to hear. I hope the plans for another season can eventually become something :(

7. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

And suddenly, Adult Swim just made this announcement Monday night...

[​IMG]

Michael Rose likes this.
  8. vince

9. Michael Rose

Michael Rose Forum Resident

HBO Max would be the logical option.

Vidiot likes this.
  10. Parachute Woman

Parachute Woman Forum Resident

Oh, I'm really saddened to read this. I hope that something can be worked out to continue the story! There was a lot of fallout from the last season finale that I was looking forward to exploring. This is one of our favorite shows. My husband and I love The Venture Bros.

Michael Rose likes this.
  11. BeatleJWOL

The thought so far is that the cancellation didn't come from Adult Swim but somewhere further up the Turner food chain.

12. TheHypnoToad

TheHypnoToad Senior Member

Sounds like the bean counters decided that seven seasons over the course of seventeen years isn't a winning proposition. Ticks me off and hope that they find a way to at least finish season eight if not a more lasting solution as I do love the show and will miss it if it just goes dark. :shake:

ianuaditis and Vidiot like this.
  13. dbsea

dbsea Forum Resident

Very sad. I hope somehow at least a movie length special can be made to tie things up.

14. mcchocchoc

15. charlie W

charlie W EMA Level 10

I don't get it. Cartoon Network and HBO Max are owned by the same company, AT&T. Why would one division dump it just to have another division take it up? I would not put much faith in HBO Max as AT&T has essentially drove DirectTV into the ground.

mcchocchoc likes this.
  16. BeatleJWOL

Get a big ol' boost from the fanbase when they bring it back, maybe?

17. vince

All these 'streaming' networks are basically asking;
    "How much are YOU willing to pay EXTRA for this 'niche' thing that you love?"

18. mcchocchoc

19. vince

so bitter-sweet.......
    just like the show itself, I guess...

mcchocchoc likes this.
  20. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

And now there's this...

The Venture Bros. Creators, Adult Swim Have Discussed 'One Last Special'

Never underestimate the stupidity of Hollywood media executioves.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2020
    vince likes this.
  21. vince

Some dude on YouTube made a nice little 'tribute/tell-the-world/proselytizing' video about the show:

mcchocchoc likes this.
  22. mcchocchoc

A brand new interview with Doc.

Post-Punk Podcast Episode 4 With Doc Hammer

Pic & text from the page...

[​IMG]
    Post-Punk Podcast Episode 4 With Doc Hammer
    Post-Punk Podcast
    Apr 13

103 min

On the fourth episode of the Post-Punk Podcast, our Editor-in-Chief Alex Baker catches up with his old friend Doc Hammer following the release of his band Weep's recent album Too Much Nothing. You may know Doc Hammer as Dr. Girlfriend on the Venture Bros, an animated program that was on cartoon network’s Adult Swim, that he co-created along with Jackson Publick. But before Doc was known as Eric Hammer, a baroque, flamboyant, Dracula-looking, and often shirtless, Gothic Rock guitarist from the bands Requiem in White, and Mors Syphilitica. During the interview, Doc discusses exactly what Goth is, as well as talking about Bauhaus, The Damned, Sisters of Mercy, and Siouxsie and the Banshees. As well as his acquisition of guitar that if you were to open a museum of post-punk, it would be the highlight of the collection.

23. mcchocchoc

Looks like we're getting a movie (and it will get a blu-ray release before streaming anywhere! Also, Aqua Teen Hunger Force and Metalocalypse movies! Hell yessss!

‘Aqua Teen Hunger Force’, ‘Venture Bros.’ & ‘Metalocalypse’ Movies In the Works – Deadline

From the article . . .

"In the The Venture Bros. movie, Doc’s latest invention will either bankrupt the Ventures or launch them to new heights, as Hank searches for himself, Dean searches for Hank, The Monarch searches for answers, and a mysterious woman from their pasts threatens to bring their entire world crashing down on them. The Venture Bros. is created, written and executive produced by Jackson Publick and Doc Hammer. The Venture Bros. premiered originally as a pilot in 2003, with the first season airing in August 2004. The series aired 7 seasons and 4 specials over its near 15 year-run and was one of Adult Swim’s longest running series alongside Robot Chicken and Aqua Teen Hunger Force."

Vidiot, vince and jamesc like this.
  24. charlie W

charlie W EMA Level 10

A small bit of this information showed up in my Facebook feed from Adult Swim. It lacked a link to Deadline so I assumed it was a promotion for the series on HBO Max so I moved on. While I prefer a 7-episode season, I'll take a direct to video movie. My guess for the returning mystery woman is Molotav Cocktease.

mcchocchoc likes this.
  25. vince

NOW..I'll go to the movies to see THAT!!!!

mcchocchoc likes this.