"The Venture Bros." Ongoing Discussion (The Thread of Calamitous Intent)

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by vince, May 29, 2008.

1. Ken_McAlinden

Ken_McAlinden MichiGort Staff

2. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law Thread Starter

They've been showing re-runs weekdays mornings at 4:30am PST!
    Hope that movie is still in the works!!

jamesc likes this.
  3. vince

Just got HBO Max hooked up to my computer, and there, right in the front, is a pic of Hank & Dean!
    gonna watch them ALL , so they get the hint....MORE PLEASE!

mcchocchoc and Trey A like this.
  4. Doctor Worm

Doctor Worm Romans 6:23

I lost track after the third season. I loved this show and really need to catch back up.

mcchocchoc likes this.
  5. vince

Well, just got the word from Kevin Smith's "Fatman Beyond" podcast, that despite all the hullabaloo at Warner Discovery , the "Venture Bros" movie is still a GO!

jamesc and Trey A like this.
  6. bem

bem Forum Resident

I really hope so. Any idea on progress, release dates, anything?

7. mcchocchoc

mcchocchoc Forum Resident

I think the movie could be released by the end of this year from things I have read or heard.

When announced the release also included that there would also be Aqua Teen and Metalocalypse movies. The Aqua Teen movie comes out early November. It will stream for money and be sold on blu ray for 90 days and then be on HBO Max. The Venture Bros will get that same treatment. So, yay(!), a blu ray release.

The stroy will pick up where the last season left off. Here's a couple of fairly recent articles with some info including some info about the plot . .

Venture Bros. Star Shares a Promising Update on the Movie

The Venture Bros. Movie - What We Know So Far

vince likes this.
  8. bem

bem Forum Resident

Thanks for posting. Cautious but optimistic that this will turn out well and be a good finale for the series. Also hope for a complete blu ray series after the movie comes out.

mcchocchoc likes this.
  9. mcchocchoc

If anybody here has IG, (I do for my artwork), Jackson (username jqpublick) posted several non-spoiler backround art pieces from the upcoming finale today. Pretty cool stuff. Makes me wanna flip through my copy of the Venture Bros artbook again.

10. vince

While we wait, someone has compiled all the X-mas recordings on the YouTube!
    Enjoy:

11. vince

12. vince

There was actually a NEW X-mas song last year!

13. mcchocchoc

Trey A and vince like this.
  14. vince

15. vince

We have a date!

July 21....it says, 'own it', BUT, it doesn't say when to STREAM it!

Trey A, charlie W and mcchocchoc like this.
  16. charlie W

charlie W EMA Level 10

I'll buy it on blu-ray.

17. bem

bem Forum Resident

I saw July 21st for streaming and July 25 for DVD or Blu-ray in some articles. Am doing a rewatch of this series. It is so good and holds up well

vince likes this.
  18. mcchocchoc

This will be rolled out like the Aqua Teen Hunger Force Plantasm movie was last year. First the digital purchase option, then a handful of days later the physcial release. After three months it will stream on Max and eventually Adult Swim will air it.

I'll purchase the BluRay, which will also include a code to download a digital copy.
    The blue ray will also feature commentary and a couple of bonus features. Looking at the back cover below, it looks like the movie will be 84 minutes.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 8, 2023
    jamesc likes this.
  19. charlie W

charlie W EMA Level 10

Just released! A new teaser clip with a potential new super-villain.

20. charlie W

charlie W EMA Level 10

Apparently, the movie is available on Amazon streaming now. Beware of spoilers out there on the web. I ordered the Blu-ray this morning. Adult Swim put out another short teaser video.

Vidiot, vince and mcchocchoc like this.
  21. vince

Really?...not on Max???
    crazy...

22. mcchocchoc

I watched it last night. No details, as many have not seen it yet. I will say that I enjoyed it quite a bit. :tiphat:

charlie W likes this.
  23. 93curr

93curr Senior Member

Not sure about down there, but up here in Canada it's $25 to watch on Amazon Prime. :cry: I do believe I'll be patient and wait a few more days until the BluRay comes out.

24. vince

25. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

I was thrilled to discover that the final episode of the animated Venture Bros. show finally got finished, and it was worth the wait (nearly five years). If you haven't seen the previous episodes, you'll have no idea what the hell is going on, but it's still hilarious funny and sends up Jonny Quest, many of the Marvel movies (particularly Morbius and Dr. Strange), the Fantastic Four comics, Transformers, and dozens of other bizarre pop culture icons. And fans will be pleased to know that pretty much everything is explained and rationalized (including the 14 generations of clones and baboon blood), aided with an all-star voice cast including Patrick Warburton, John Hodgman, Jane Lynch, Jay Pharoah, and J.K. Simmons. Loved it. Totally worth spending $15 to see on Amazon (in 4K Dolby Vision). The Apple HomePod speaker satire had me on the floor.

BTW, be sure to watch all the way for the end of the credits for a surprise reveal. Let's just say the Venture Bros.' parentage is not what anybody expected...

[​IMG]

‘The Venture Bros.: Radiant Is the Blood of the Baboon Heart’ Review: Return of the Glorious Weirdos

charlie W likes this.