Dismiss Notice
We are making some updates and reconfigurations to our server. Apologies for any downtime or slow forum loading now or within the next week or so. Thanks!

The Vinyl Community on YouTube

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by jon9091, Feb 18, 2019.

1. Skip Scuffmarks

Skip Scuffmarks Forum Resident

This guys impersonations are hilarious.

hi_watt and RussTCB like this.
  2. Oakenshield

Oakenshield Forum Resident

Remember spudboy? Ottavio in Mississauga, Ontario (I think). He was absolutely awesome, loved the dude. Sadly his channel went away many years ago. The early days were so much fun, still hanging on watching and still never made a video!
    Jeff Recordman White also had a great early channel that he took down. Miss Mark (Dr Deadwax) a lot too.

Gorvo, Chris (johncoltrane68), Aaron the Metal Theologian, Vinyl Rich, Dan at Dots&Loops, Nico in Norway, Jonas, Anders, Mayo Joe (those videos with the guys at Infinity, just great),
    Matt and Sam, Bo in the PNW, Dillon, Tim (A Sound Decision), Mazzy, Ron at the Hog's Ear, Bill Camarata, Pudsy etc etc...

(NOT a fan of VinylEyezz and those dudes)

Crazysteve and Skip Scuffmarks like this.
  3. Oakenshield

Haha good one! There was another one years ago, can't remember who did it and never bookmarked it. Don't think it's still up.

Skip Scuffmarks likes this.
  4. Skip Scuffmarks

Skip Scuffmarks Forum Resident

Agreed. It’s all about monetizing with those types. Metal Theologian is great and Greeno. I wish Dan in Canada (dhanycz) hadn’t taken his videos down. He was one of the first on there.

nosliw likes this.
  5. Oakenshield

Yes, Greeno of course. And LJ! I had forgotten about Dan...

A couple of years before the VC started evolving, there was a guy who posted fairly short videos. I think the channel was just called My Record Collection. Around 2007-8 perhaps? I think he had been given boxes of records by a friend and
    flipped through the content. Lots of psych, sunshine pop, he did a couple on UK invasion etc. I remember thinking that was a really cool concept, and then Dereck and mrhoffame and Dan and the others started appearing.

Skip Scuffmarks likes this.
  6. AllAboutAlbums

AllAboutAlbums Well-Known Member

Newest video about the 6 best record stores. As always, likes, subs and comments appreciated! Enjoy!

RussTCB likes this.
  7. RussTCB

RussTCB Well-Known Member

New video is up :) this time we took at a look at the new Third Man Records Vault 47

8. RussTCB

RussTCB Well-Known Member

New one is up. We took a look at 3 different pressings of Run DMC - Raising Hell

9. Levi's Tubs

Levi's Tubs Less cool than West Coast

I just discovered this channel last week. He has a really impressive collection of stuff you don't see often in other videos.