The Walking Dead on amc

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Scope J, Mar 1, 2021.

1. Lewisboogie

Lewisboogie “Bob Robert”

From the most recent episode: I can’t believe there continues to be a narrative (especially from Talking Dead show) questioning whether it’s OK to defend oneself and the group against psychotic killers.

Rufus McDufus likes this.
  2. dead of night

dead of night Senior Member

Each episode contains only 2 or three actors these days.

Lewisboogie likes this.
  3. mj_patrick

mj_patrick Senior Member

That's nothing new- they've been doing 1-2 character episodes for years to cut costs. Many of them do not push the story forward much. Remember that episode structured entirely around Carl and the industrial can of pudding?

4. johnod

johnod Forum Resident

I'm really getting ready to give up on this show.
    I keep hoping something will happen, but nooo, just more moping about.

ChazFromCali likes this.
  5. AveryKG

AveryKG Sultan of snacks

I gave up on The Walking Dead probably about halfway thru season 3, but "Carl and the industrial can of pudding" sounds absolutely intriguing. :)

6. Gene Parmesan

Gene Parmesan Forum Resident

Of the 3 'bonus' episodes that have aired so far, only the Maggie one pushed the story forward. The Daryl episode held little intrigue for me; it seemed to be setting the stage for the promised 'Daryl and Carol' show that AMC has announced. The most recent Gabriel and Aaron episode was decent except there was zero intrigue because it was obvious that
    Mays (Robert Patrick) was going to die. Along with his twin brother, Rasputin.

I wish Ross Marquand had a larger role. I enjoy his acting.

Michael likes this.
  7. tommy-thewho

tommy-thewho Senior Member

I think this spring 6 episode arc was filmed during covid so they kept it basic.

We'll see next fall when Season 11 starts.

8. rene smalldridge

rene smalldridge Senior Member

Not That this show has the least relationship to reality or rationality BUT I think you have that backasswards. The more open space you have vast stretches of....the better. Cities or large towns with large populations before the zombie era would have the largest shuffling around zombie population.

9. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

not a bad episode this past Sunday...I was expecting worse.

10. Michael

'Daryl and Carol' show ....even the title of that spin off show sounds miserable...Carol sucks and Daryl needs a haircut (he ain't no sheepdog) and a bath...he is truly a comic book character.

11. Michael

if not for my wife I would have long ago...I enjoy the time spent with her watching this miserable series! ; )

12. timind

timind phorum rezident

I gave up after the episode where they had Neegan in their sights and they let him go. They thought they'd rehabilitate him? Stopped cold-turkey.

Veech likes this.
  13. Veronica Mars

Veronica Mars Forum Resident

Apart from Bill Cosby no one has done more for pudding than Carl.

Lewisboogie likes this.
  14. Veronica Mars

How do you know they didn't if you gave up?

15. Veronica Mars

Grow a pair for God's sake and stop moaning and complaining here!

16. TheSeldomSeenKid

TheSeldomSeenKid Forum Resident

Just an aside mention to TWD New Season, The Ride with Norman Reedus Biker/Travel Show has been great in all the prior Seasons. The First 2 Episodes this Season showing North and South New Zealand were awesome. Coastal New Zealand reminds me of Coastal Parts of Northern California and Oregon. The Side Stops mostly are fun to watch. Reedus as Host reminds me of the Anthony Bourdain ‘Parts Unknown’ Food/Travel Show(funny thing is that being a picky eater, I could not eat 80% of the food AB would eat in those shows, but his personality and exposing us to Cultures around the World drew me in after I watched an Episode in Pittsburgh where I had lived in the past. I also loved when he visited Musicians on some episodes) that he had on CNN prior to his suicide and W Kamau Bell’s ‘United Shades of America’ CNN Show(always entertaining)

Michael likes this.
  17. timind

timind phorum rezident

He walked away in the episode in which they had him; idiotic for people living their reality. That was enough for me. As I've read this thread, I see he's still alive and kickin.:help:

18. Michael

just to inform you; I am not speaking of the actor as to the character in TWD...I like him much in Boondog Saints and pretty much all other films he has acted in...fine actor...same goes for the Carol character...
    thanks for the above post. ; )

TheSeldomSeenKid likes this.
  19. Michael

Hey! give me room to bitch and moan...grow a pair? NOW Veronica that's not proper diction...have some balls is more appropriate...
    I'll try to make it easier for you to understand; my lovely wife does not force me to watch this show or any other show although there are some things that will lure me in. ; )

Veronica Mars likes this.
  20. captouch

captouch Forum Resident

Dealing with the zombies is easy. Just let them cluster and then run around in a loop.

(Anyone get that reference?) :laughup:

21. Michael

and he so easily made in disgusting knowing what was behind that spoonful of pudding...an F'n madman creep creature...never saw those commercials the same again. Wonder if he used drugged pudding!

Veronica Mars likes this.
  22. Veronica Mars

You could make sure she listens to some wide stereo with headphones at least once a week for an hour in exchange.

23. Michael

alright, enough now...you are not funny....even if you think so. : )

24. Beatlened

Beatlened Forum Resident

How are woodland areas open space? It seems to me there's a walker behind every tree

25. Hagstrom

Hagstrom Please stop calling them vinyls.

The shot IS shot digitally now due to covid. They don't have to have loaders huddled around the camera.

Walkers are now social distanced for the most part as well.

Michael likes this.