The Walking Dead on amc

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Scope J, Mar 1, 2021.

1. Diamond Dog

Diamond Dog Cautionary Example

They've been beating that drum forever : "Are we any different ? Are we any better ?" It's what passes for character development in the writing. As if it gave the show some semblance of intellectual heft. And at this stage, there's no need to use that as a means of showing that the characters are multi-dimensional ( they are - if having two dimensions is multi-dimensional ). Gabriel kills a guy who just tried to kill him and his companion rather than take him into the group ? Our Gabriel ? The Gabriel that burned down a church with his congregation locked inside it ? How can this be ? They dolloped moral quandary onto Rick Grimes until the character became a running joke and you knew he was going to err on the side of morality while jeopardizing the entire group. A mile down the reverse road to Damascus, Rick suddenly gets back in touch with his inner self-preserving savage and kills a bunch of people because.... well, because the writers are trying to show the duality of man or something. Apparently, life in the Zombie Apocalypse is complicated. Fine, but after the first hundred times you play that card, the audience gets that and it just becomes eye-rolling. And they've done it with nearly every major character on the show - Negan being the most recent. Enough already. Makes you long for the days where you could just spend an hour watching CAAAAARRRL eat jam out of a can.

D.D.

Sprague Dawley, Lewisboogie and Shawn like this.
  2. Lewisboogie

Lewisboogie “Bob Robert”

I first noticed this manufactured dilemma after the cannibals. Rick and company quickly dispatched them -- then suddenly the questions started: are we any better than them????:sigh: Hmmm, I don't know. You mean the people who were preparing to eat you? Well, if you're not sure, you're going to die quickly in that world.

I believe that's when Morgan brought his "beat them down with a stick then convert them from a cell" approach. At least Morgan seems to have opened his eyes in Fear the Walking Dead. And I do like the spinoff better because it doesn't waste time this "soul searching."

Diamond Dog likes this.
  3. Scope J

Scope J Senior Member Thread Starter

S11 starts 22 August

Michael and Lewisboogie like this.
  4. Scope J

Sunday!

Michael likes this.
  5. Scope J

Rick & Co.?!
    They were dead meat, literally,
    Carol (who Rick banished) saved
    their sorry butts!

Lewisboogie likes this.
  6. Lewisboogie

Lewisboogie “Bob Robert”

Of course she did. I should have noted her first but she’s part of the Co.

7. steveharris

steveharris Senior Member

I am still rooting for the zombies to eat the rest of the humans.

Sprague Dawley, Michael and Shawn like this.
  8. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

thanks...

9. Michael

nah, the only way this show is going away will be cancellation without a proper ending...it's the same every season with no hope of a good ending...I've grown to really dislike the crews...all of them. I too would love to see them all Zombie dinner, lunch, or breakfast...; )

MikeInFla and steveharris like this.
  10. steveharris

steveharris Senior Member

Yes you are right!

11. Beatlened

Beatlened Forum Resident

Isn't the new season supposed to be the last?

Michael likes this.
  12. Leadfeather

Leadfeather Forum Resident

I hope they bring Rick back for the final season. Would be needed in a closure scenario.

13. Michael

well see...has it been announced officially? I don't follow the show any longer...when it's on we watch it...no idea what they have in store for the future.

MikeInFla likes this.
  14. Beatlened

Beatlened Forum Resident

15. Michael

16. Scope J

Yes

MikeInFla likes this.
  17. Jim Pattison

Jim Pattison Forum Resident

Whatever happened to the movie (or movies) featuring Rick? Are they still forthcoming? I don’t recall hearing anything about them in a long time.

Scope J likes this.
  18. Scope J

19. Jim Pattison

Jim Pattison Forum Resident

Scope J likes this.
  20. SonOfAlerik

SonOfAlerik Forum Resident

Smells more like production hell to me.

21. Michael

are they showing tomorrow Sunday 8/22 both Season 11 episodes parts 1 & 2 together or will we see part 2 next week in episode 2 ?

22. Scope J

Woah!

MikeInFla likes this.
  23. TheSeldomSeenKid

TheSeldomSeenKid Forum Resident

I predict that Maggie will survive from the final scene/fall, as too much story left to be told between her and Negan, which just got even more tense for their future interactions/relationship. Plus, she did not return to the Series to be taken out so quickly, and hard to believe her kid would be left without his Mom this early in the Final Season.

Almost tempted to sign up for AMC+ to watch the next episode ahead of the regular schedule, but have a lot to do this week getting out my Soccer Video Emails to High School Coaches for the Fall Season.

The Dog lives for at least another episode:righton:.

24. Scope J

I expect Dog will be present
    for the Carol & Daryl show.

MikeInFla likes this.
  25. Scope J

Pumpkin coloured space-suit,
    that line cracked me up!