The Walking Dead on amc

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Scope J, Mar 1, 2021.

1. TheSeldomSeenKid

TheSeldomSeenKid Forum Resident

It was disappointing of the premature announcement that Carol and Daryl would be getting a spin-off series, as it removed any mystery on episodes in this Final Season, where either of them possibly would be killed off.

razerx and Sprague Dawley like this.
  2. MikeInFla

MikeInFla Glad to be out of Florida

I was unaware of this but honestly probably not interested. Although I am willing to give it a chance if it is true.

As for last's nights episode next week will probably start with Neegan peaking back over saying "here, grab this rope" or "I didn't leave I just had to get something". Or it may be just what we saw. Movin' on.

steveharris likes this.
  3. TheSeldomSeenKid

Would be funny if that something would be a Newer, Badder Version of ‘Lucille’. Lucille Version 2.0:laugh:.

steveharris and MikeInFla like this.
  4. guidedbyvoices

guidedbyvoices Old Dan's Records

Lucille 2? Like the Widow Austero?
    [​IMG]

'05Train, George P and MikeInFla like this.
  5. tommy-thewho

tommy-thewho Senior Member

Liked last night's episode. Hopefully this final season will be great.

MikeInFla likes this.
  6. Pizza

Pizza With extra pepperoni

Maybe it’s a set up and there’s no Carol and Daryl show so we’ll be shocked when they bite it.

TheSeldomSeenKid likes this.
  7. Jim Pattison

Jim Pattison Forum Resident

There’s actually a precedent of sorts for that. The Walking Dead comic book ended with issue #193, but the publisher had already solicited orders for a few issues after 193, as if the comic was going to continue to be published. They even mocked up fake covers for the issues that never came out. No one knew that the series was ending with #193 until a couple of days before it was published.

8. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

Really liked the new season, didn’t expect that.

9. kouzie

kouzie Forum Resident

Not sure if I missed it, but why were the zombies/dead sleeping at the beginning of the season premier and the gang had to be quiet so as not to wake them up? Don't recall any sleeping before.

Shawn and Michael like this.
  10. noname74

noname74 Allegedly Canadian

They didn’t explain it however I assumed it was because they were locked in that room with no food so they just sort of shut down like other “broken down” zombies we have seen where they aren’t moving until someone comes by and wakes them up.

kouzie likes this.
  11. kouzie

kouzie Forum Resident

That certainly makes enough sense. Thanks!

noname74 likes this.
  12. ArpMoog

ArpMoog Forum Resident

The writing absolutely sucks.
    When the group lowers into the copter and solider area. Here we have a seasoned fighting group with a lot of weapon experience. They obtain some rifles and instead of one shot per head they act like bozos pray and spray and waste ammo causing danger and drama.
    I was doing the math with the clips they had and they could have killed every zombie then recon and probably made out pretty good.

13. TheSeldomSeenKid

Great Episode last nite. Wow, looks like the Reapers will be a brutal gang to deal with, but I say:

Last edited: Aug 30, 2021
    MikeInFla likes this.
  14. alexpop

TWD.

Favourite season ?

15. Sprague Dawley

Sprague Dawley Forum Resident

LOL@Maggie not being able to climb up the the ladder at the end. So daft. Everyone else clambers up the nice easy ladder steps and suddenly, hello, no steps left for you Mags, so sorry.

The new Mr T bloke ffs, 10 years on the starvation diet and he's still 120 kg of solid muscle. Where the hell does the 5,000 calories a day he needs to maintain that size come from?

Nice tense 1st episode though.

Shawn likes this.
  16. Scope J

Scope J Senior Member Thread Starter

Damn!

MikeInFla likes this.
  17. ArpMoog

ArpMoog Forum Resident

Reminded me of the Glenn under the trash bin episode. Rubbish.

Shawn likes this.
  18. alexpop

When’s Rick”s spin - off series ?

19. Scope J

Not a series, feature film.

alexpop likes this.
  20. Sprague Dawley

Sprague Dawley Forum Resident

Would be nice to find out the motivation of the black-clad baddies in the masks for traipsing around killing random people. Ex-army so killing is their hobby now? Kill or be killed? Bit rotten either way.

Speaking of masks, 2 wee eye holes and a hood, not flash for hearing zombies etc behind you and totally terrible for your peripheral vision ffs. These baddies have lasted 10 years walking around with that tiny stupid field of vision?

Plus a bit uncomfortably hot. Why bother with all the cosplay carry-on? No one around to impress. Dorks. TL/DR: not a fan of these baddies.

This show has been chasing its own tail for years now. Goodie caught by baddies, sidles up to them for a bit to stay alive, other goodies turn up to rescue the hero, battle ensues, baddies all die EXCEPT for the head honcho who miraculously survives a hail of gunfire to scurry off with his loyal sidekick to plot his revenge (3 episodes later) and also except for the one sympathetic baddie (Dazza's old flame) who joins the goodies. Rinse, repeat.

Shawn and Rufus McDufus like this.
  21. noname74

noname74 Allegedly Canadian

I think the reason they are going around killing others is they believe they are the “chosen ones”…the writers spent a lot of time last night making it clear to the audience they are religious fanatics (on top of being ex special forces types).

22. alexpop

No link.

23. Scope J

24. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

the neutered Murdering Carol is a real drag...let's bake some cookies..."Stop, Don't kill they guy who just tried to kill you 5 minutes ago! " Oh, that's fresh...the entire show is a drag...the new town and government is so ridiculous... the uniforms???...WTH! is going on. TV Commercial???? my goodness this show sucks...thankfully the last season! Cannot believe we've been watching this for 11 YEARS!

MikeInFla likes this.
  25. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

Thankfully!