The Walking Dead Season 8

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Aggie87, Oct 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

Actually i thought Negan was the most interesting character and even moreso how he was so delusional thinking he was helping ppl!...maybe he was...the rest of the cast is pretty much garbage...I can't stand the new world order! PLEASE! LOL.

Scott222C likes this.
  2. I think it would be great for aliens to land on this show. You know the ones who immediately kill you if you make a sound.

End it all fast.

spewey and ssmith3046 like this.
  3. As much as I hate to say it ... it might be time to get Samuel Jackson on this show. :tiphat:

spewey, Kyhl and EVOLVIST like this.
  4. I've been calling for Mike Ehrmantraut two seasons ago!

Lownote30, Gumboo and spewey like this.
  5. masswriter

masswriter Minister At Large

Man, if they brought in the dark dread of The Road, with its bleakness and totally unhinged survival mode element, The Walking Dead could be a whole other trip.

6. misterdecibel

misterdecibel Bulbous Also Tapered

Maybe she'll have a zombie baby who eats her from the inside?

7. rene smalldridge

rene smalldridge Senior Member

My wife and I were expecting that way back when Rick's wife ( Carl's mom ) was pregnant.

8. DreadPikathulhu

DreadPikathulhu Senior Member

The Negan in the comic believed the same thing and it's what made his character so interesting. My biggest problem with Negan in the show was JDM's performance - it was just too cartoonish and over-the-top. When he wasn't strutting around with his bat I liked him a lot more.

Negan spends a very long time in jail becoming a more complex character before he's released by a traitor. He spends some time with the Whisperers, where he learns more stuff. Eventually he is recaptured and Rick gives him freedom for his help and Negan leaves the colony. Maggie later finds Negan where he apologies for killing Glenn and ruining her life and promises to not fight back. She lets him go, telling him he must live with the evil things he has done. Negan leaves and later destroys Lucille and that's the last we see of him. The writer is vague about whether or not we will ever see him again.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2018
  9. MikeInFla

MikeInFla Glad to be out of Florida

Thanks, I was wondering what happened in the comics since I don't read it. I can live with that outcome.

10. DreadPikathulhu

Some major character deviations from the comic for those interested. No real spoilers.

Eugene becomes a more sympathetic character in the comic, and is one of my favorites. His character origin follows the comic - though he still builds the bullet factory, it is for Rick and he employs no slave labor. He uses his skills to make many improvement for the group and becomes a valued contributor to the colony. He ends up in a relationship with Abraham's girlfriend after Abraham's death, though she is later killed and Eugene is left to mourn alone.

Father Gabriel is much more inept in the comic. He wants to contribute more and starts to be trained in combat. He is later killed when he falls from a ladder and is eaten.

Carl is still alive and is becoming a leader in a different colony. He stops wearing his eye patch at the suggestion of Lydia and is in a relationship with Sophia.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2018
  11. Michael

LOL...that's the reason I like Negan so much! JDM! Him and the bat are brother and sister.

12. RadioClash

RadioClash Senior Member

The four stages of Walking Dead viewers. They lost me at S5, which gave us the pointless Father Gabriel character and also the reappearance of Morgan and his stick :sigh:

[​IMG]

Scott222C, EVOLVIST and serj like this.
  13. MikeInFla

MikeInFla Glad to be out of Florida

Entertainment Weekly reports that during CinemaCon in Los Angeles, Lauren Cohan revealed that she will return to play Maggie in season nine of AMC’s The Walking Dead. The season begins filming next week. Cohan had reportedly been holding out on signing a contract to get a better deal, and she joined the ABC pilot Whiskey Cavalier. This led some to believe that Maggie’s days on the show were numbered.

She said: “I’m going back. There’s a lot more Maggie story to tell. You know we’re not allowed to tell you anything, but it’s good.

It’s unknown how her ABC show will affect The Walking Dead. She will have at least two months to film the AMC series before Whiskey would begin filming, more if it is a midseason pickup. However, that is assuming that ABC decides to order it to series at all. If they don’t move forward, then she would have her schedule cleared up to be Maggie full-time again.

sixtiesstereo and xdawg like this.
  14. Hall Cat

Hall Cat Senior Member

Doesn't Negan break Lucille on Beta's back during the Whisperer War?

15. DreadPikathulhu

Yes. This is a different one.

16. Beatlened

Beatlened Forum Resident

I don't think Carl is in a relationship with the girl u mentioned in the spoiler. It's the other girl isn't it? I dunno how to do a spoiler banner so I hope u know the one I mean. He's just friends with the one u mentioned

17. Alfie Noakes and Diamond Dog like this.
  18. Diamond Dog

Diamond Dog Cautionary Example

What a coincidence....My wife and I decided to leave the show after watching Season 8. Looks like Wet Rick is going to outlast us.

D.D.

19. Michael

any reason why this past Sunday's episode was not aired?

20. OneChance

OneChance Forum Resident

Probably due to Memorial Day weekend.

Michael likes this.
  21. Michael

yea, that makes sense. Thanks...

22. None of this makes sense. What are y'all talking about? This season has been over for a while now. o_O

23. OneChance

OneChance Forum Resident

I assumed he was referring to Fear...

Michael likes this.
  24. Michael

YES...

25. Michael

you are correct sir...I was referring to FTWD...sorry for the misunderstanding...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.