The Walking Dead - Season 9

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by masswriter, Jul 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

thanks...

2. Michael

don't know but I hope he causes havoc! Go Neegan! off those whimpniks...

3. Michael

my wife is already missing it...I'm reprieved. : )

4. ukozcd

ukozcd Jedi

Yes the evolving zombie could have worked for a bit longer definitely!

vegafleet likes this.
  5. MikeInFla

MikeInFla Glad to be out of Florida

So I am some-what caught up. I was only able to see the season opener before Hurricane Michael hit and wiped out the cable companies. I've been going back and catching up but I did some skipping around. I went straight to Andrew Lincoln's last episode and then watched the rest to finish up. So did I miss anything in between that I need to see? I'll try and go back at some point and see what I missed but if I didn't miss much I'll skip out.

6. You must mean Rick?

;)

7. masswriter

masswriter Minister At Large Thread Starter

I just started watching Z-Nation and can't believe how much better that show is in terms of entertainment. The characters get into a situation and get out of it in an episode or two, they don't drag it on for season(s).

ssmith3046, sixtiesstereo and Shawn like this.
  8. sixtiesstereo

sixtiesstereo Senior Member

I actually agree with you, and I watched it faithfully every season. A great zombie series, that
    occasionally had some humor.
    Unfortunately, it's now been cancelled. Hate to see it go....
    'Z Nation' Canceled at Syfy

9. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

10. iworkatinitech

iworkatinitech Forum Resident

Kyhl likes this.
  11. Michael

they made sure they wimped her out first...

iworkatinitech likes this.
  12. misterdecibel

misterdecibel Bulbous Also Tapered

Michael likes this.
  13. Dang it, Z Nation was a blast, I enjoyed it far more than Walking Dead.

Kyhl and ssmith3046 like this.
  14. Michael

she was fabulous in Black Panther...we were happy to see her in this.

15. kouzie

kouzie Forum Resident

So nothing yet on the first two episodes of the 2nd half of the seas0n? How the mighty as fallen...

I'm certainly no fanboy and the last few years have been a struggle, but I do really like the direction where these two episodes are going. Still far from perfect, this new group of mask-wearing walkers are interesting and the leader is being set up to be a bad ass. With Rick gone and Michonne leaving, wondering who will emerge as the new leader. Though absent (except for 1 shot last night), Carol could certainly take the reigns. I like a 2 women being the leaders of their respective groups.

Jacline likes this.
  16. jriems

jriems Audio Ojiisan

I've watched the first two eps of the second half of season 9.

I got nuthin.'

Oh, all right. Here are a couple things I liked:
    In the first episode, Negan's journey was pretty interesting, and I was very surprised where it ended up.

In the second episode, the girl actually having a breakthrough about her mom's brainwashing was refreshing (if it's legit). I just expected her to be the usual bad guy group spy that tells them what they want to hear, and then uses it against them (still could be the case, but I hope not.)

Other than THAT...nuthin.'

MikeInFla and Jacline like this.
  17. noname74

noname74 Allegedly Canadian

So with Michonne leaving who is senior person to lead them? Tara? No thanks.

iworkatinitech and MikeInFla like this.
  18. jlocke08

jlocke08 Forum Resident

going in a positive direction so far for me.

Jacline, Hall Cat and kouzie like this.
  19. johnod

johnod Forum Resident

Dull so far , frankly I'll be happy to see Michonne gone she has really started to annoy me.

Whisper, scowl, scowl, whisper, repeat.

Unfortunately I'm not seeing any strong character left on the show.

20. sixtiesstereo

You're forgetting about Carol. She may be living a different type of life now with Ezekiel, but I'm
    guessing she's still the baddass she's always been and is perfectly suited to be leader (with Darryl).

MikeInFla likes this.
  21. kouzie

kouzie Forum Resident

That was my thought as well. Earlier this year, she single handedly wiped out that group of men that stole from her and her son. She can crank it to 11 when needed.

22. Witchy Woman

Witchy Woman Forum Resident

Well so far, so good. The storyline has picked up although I can’t figure out why anyone would want to be part of Alpha’s group. Were they rejects from Jadis’ Garbage People? It’s as if some people in the post-apocalyptic world continue to devolve over time.

I agree with the above post that Tara isn’t a good fit as Hilltop’s leader.

sixtiesstereo and MikeInFla like this.
  23. sixtiesstereo

As a side note, Norman Reedus' show "Ride With Norman" has been a Walking Dead reunion
    so far this new season. The first episode not only had Jeffery Dean Morgan, but they went
    to Andrew Lincoln's home and spent time with him and Ian Anderson (Jethro Tull). The
    second episode was entirely with Steven Yeun. And last night's episode was just him and
    Melissa McBride (Carol) traveling all over Scotland. It was the best show so far, and she
    is really terrific, cute and down to earth. And she and Norman are obviously extremely
    close and funny together (especially when they're talking about farting in the car).

MikeInFla likes this.
  24. jlocke08

jlocke08 Forum Resident

may not be to everyone's taste but i'm liking the new episodes so far, especially last night.

25. windfall

windfall Senior Member

Found the season unremarkable so far but the baby rescue scene was a welcome return to some sustained tension and actually caring about the outcome.

vegafleet and MikeInFla like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.