The Walking Dead - Season 9

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by masswriter, Jul 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PaperbackBroadstreet

PaperbackBroadstreet Forum Resident

This alone makes Alpha very frightening. Perhaps the most frightening yet.

Kudos to the actress for making me despise a character so intensely.

t3chnobrat, Hall Cat and MikeInFla like this.
  2. tommy-thewho

tommy-thewho Senior Member

Henry is really getting on my nerves.

Alpha is tough.

Witchy Woman and MikeInFla like this.
  3. MikeInFla

MikeInFla Glad to be out of Florida

Most kids on the show are annoying. Judith is the exception.

kouzie likes this.
  4. t3chnobrat

t3chnobrat Forum Resident

I was pretty bored with it this year until they introduced the masked ones. I was planning to not watch this season already last year until the last episode. Then I felt I needed to get some resolution on the helicopter source and Rick's demise. Alpha is definitely a great scary character with a serious case of the bat sh!ts! I patiently wait for Henry (other Carl) to become dinner..

5. tommy-thewho

tommy-thewho Senior Member

I'm calling BS on the B.

6. noname74

noname74 Allegedly Canadian

Gotta admit the show has got me looking forward to each new episode in a way it hasn’t in a few years.

jlocke08 and t3chnobrat like this.
  7. t3chnobrat

t3chnobrat Forum Resident

I couldn't agree more. About to start last nights episode. Looking forward to Other Carl catching a bite ;-)

noname74 likes this.
  8. iworkatinitech

iworkatinitech Forum Resident

I’m a few episodes back but I’m just not digging Tara still being in the show, I hated losing all of the main characters these last 2 seasons to me it’s jard to really invest myself anymore

MikeInFla likes this.
  9. Witchy Woman

Witchy Woman Forum Resident

I like Tara but why is she of all people the leader of Hilltop?

The character I wish hadn’t been killed off is Carl. He would have been the tie in between the old world and new, the kid who started off with a normal life only to see his childhood disrupted by this major worldwide catastrophe. He learned to survive and adapt and could have taken those skills to the next level. Of course at the time, I didn’t realize the writers planned to do a time jump in the storyline and seeing an older actor play Carl would have been odd and probably would not have worked.

10. They lost me on how Beta just got up, seemingly unscathed, from what, a 20 story fall down an elevator shaft? Reminded me of that car crash many seasons back where they drove off a raised interstate, fell head-first and were unhurt.

jriems likes this.
  11. Scotian

Scotian Amnesia Hazed

It surprised me the other day when a co-worker of mine, that has always been a rabid, hardcore Walking Dead fan, said he hasn't watched an episode since Rick flew away in the helicopter. He said he just lost interest.

12. MikeInFla

I think Chandler Riggs' dad would agree.

13. MikeInFla

It's actually been OK since Rick left. I miss seeing him around but the show is still pretty good and this new group of villians has me interested.

Hall Cat likes this.
  14. NettleBed

NettleBed Forum Transient

I agree that the show regenerated itself well this year. However, the biggest nothingburger has been the introduction of the new characters. Their arrival was heavily promoted for a couple of weeks and they made it seem as if they were a really big deal. In reality, they're not really much of anything - just more people to put on screen and have them do things. But they aren't really doing anything that any of the other regulars couldn't also be doing. It's almost as if the only reason they're there is for there to have been a pretext to have Michonne go to Hilltop.

But hey - we already know that nobody (should be) watches TWD for the writing (which is usually quite bad).

Hall Cat and MikeInFla like this.
  15. iworkatinitech

I agree that Carl should not have been killed off, and the same goes for Jesus...if they knew Michonne was leaving he should've been paid extra to take over her role.

16. iworkatinitech

The sad part is that while I agree the villains are great now, but there are no protagonists that I care about anymore. I had always loved Carol's character, and was waiting for Michonne to step up but now there's just no one left of the "good guys" that's worth rooting for...

17. iworkatinitech

I have to disagree with the bolded part...I had gotten into the show (and subsequently the books and novels) as a result of how well written the show was, Gimple took that away along with Nicotero. The first few seasons writing was amazing...up until they split the group up in Season 4 (?) and just prolonged everything.

MikeInFla likes this.
  18. NettleBed

NettleBed Forum Transient

I'm not talking so much about the dialog itself as the storytelling and editing thereof. I can't think of a show that I've continued to watch that treats the audience as utter imbeciles insofar as their ability to think logically, as TWD. I guess they really just have 3rd tier writers over there that can't think of ways to do things that don't involve having the characters think and act irrationally.

Hawkeye, MikeInFla and iworkatinitech like this.
  19. iworkatinitech

Agreed!

20. kouzie

kouzie Forum Resident

Nothing on what was the most interesting episode in years? Throw aside some overly dramatic acting and dialog and you're still left with a pretty compelling episode that provided some nice back story between when Rick left and present day. Also laid out some direction of where the show is heading.

21. Witchy Woman

Witchy Woman Forum Resident

The last episode was a really good one. Just when Michonne’s storyline seemed to be flatlining, it gets a big jolt here from a unexpected event. This explains her mindset and conflict and her change of heart was well-done. The Jocelyn character was reminiscent of the character Martha from FTWD and Alpha as well, to an extent.

SteveCooks, jlocke08 and kouzie like this.
  22. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

TOO MANY flashbacks...

23. Hawkeye

Hawkeye Senior Member

I wasn't able to devote my full attention to this most recent episode. Generally that's still enough to follow along, but in this case it really wasn't. It left me confused and with multiple questions. I'll have to watch it again.

24. Propinquity

Propinquity Forum Resident

Your mama warned you about messing with psychedelics...

25. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

<them>...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.