The Walking Dead - Season 9

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by masswriter, Jul 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. notesofachord

notesofachord Riding down the river in an old canoe

Can’t blame her for grabbing more of those Marvel bucks. I mean, she probably made more dough being in two Avengers films than she did in all of the WD seasons she was in combined.

Wakanda!

2. notesofachord

They left Virginia and migrated down to South Carolina - no blizzards down there.

Michael and Hall Cat like this.
  3. TheSeldomSeenKid

TheSeldomSeenKid Forum Resident

Daryl got much more dialog this Season with Rick gone, as in prior Seasons, he did not seem to get many lines considering he is one of the Main Characters. Having just read that Andrew Lincoln told Norman Reedus, that he regrets leaving the Show now that it has gotten so good this Season, makes me wonder why he did not wait out another Season to see how the Show might get better with Angela Kang as the New Showrunner. He really seemed to want to return back home to England though.

When Michonne leaves the Show, who is going to raise Judith? Will it be Negan? If Daryl does not stay around to lead this group, then who will replace Michonne, now that Tara also is gone(she left aHead of the others-sorry could not help myself). Would be hilarious if Negan became the New Leader.

I guess that Maggie could return if 'Whiskey Cavalier' gets canceled after only 1 Season(no idea how the ratings are for that show) and Lauren Cohan would like to return.

With Carol and Daryl being the only Original Characters remaining on TWD, will Fans eventually tune out, if not enough New Characters emerge? This is where I think it hurt having Carl killed off, as figured he would take over for his Dad(and Judith seems headed that way, but she is still very young and we cannot wait another 6-8 years for her to grow up).

I already lost interest in FTWD after Madison and Nick were killed off.

Oh well, for AMC, I am looking forward to NOS4A2 this Summer, since the Book was written by Joe Hill(Son of Stephen King) and the Show about Witches starting next week. Then the return of Better Call Saul I assume in August/September.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2019
    Hall Cat likes this.
  4. notesofachord

Better Call Saul and Lodge 49 are my favorite AMC shows currently.

TheSeldomSeenKid likes this.
  5. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

the snow was refreshing...but the rest left me cold...my wife enjoyed it.

6. Michael

when does Fear The Walking Dead return?

7. TheSeldomSeenKid

New Season starts June 2nd at 9:00 followed by NOS4R2 Premier Episode on the same night.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2019
  8. MikeInFla

MikeInFla Glad to be out of Florida

From what I understand they migrated south for the storm and missed it. How far south, I don't know but apparently emough to miss it.

Michael likes this.
  9. MikeInFla

MikeInFla Glad to be out of Florida

I think June 10.

Michael likes this.
  10. At the pace they walk, how far could they have gotten in a day or two? Oh well, it’s a convenient way to not have them affected by the cold. I guess Daryl and co. didn’t need to worry about the border then.

Since the skin people have no home, I wonder if they’ll just keep heading south. No reason for them to return.

11. kouzie

kouzie Forum Resident

I was under the impression that it had been several months between the last 2 episodes. If so, plenty of time to have migrated south for the winter.

Michael and MikeInFla like this.
  12. Surely then Daryl & Co. would have noticed they left if they've been gone for a month or two, and not worried about the border then?

13. jlocke08

jlocke08 Forum Resident

June 2. four minute trailer up on Youtube.

Michael likes this.
  14. jlocke08

jlocke08 Forum Resident

for those who wonder about such things, the voice on the radio was someone from the Fear group. just the next step in combining the two shows. :cool:

Michael likes this.
  15. Michael

Thanks! It usually started right after the Walking Dead ended...

16. Michael

I did not know that! thanks...

17. Michael

I thought it was just a continuation of the previous episode...

18. Michael

Thanks! sooner. : )

19. Michael

Thanks!

20. Michael

that's the only explanation!

21. Linger63

Linger63 Forum Resident

Nah..........they're now just "on ice" ..........till Season 10......:hide:

22. Jim Pattison

Jim Pattison Forum Resident

I want to know where they keep finding batteries for their flashlights!

Rufus McDufus and t3chnobrat like this.
  23. guidedbyvoices

guidedbyvoices Old Dan's Records

My wife and I finally caught up and finished the season. Biggest complaint - my DirectTV dvr usually adds 15 minutes to the show time, and adjusts when episodes are longer. But the next to last episode cut off as the movie started in the theater and Alpha sat down in the back row. and then..... Start the last episode and realized we missed A LOT, and quickly read an episode recap. We'll watch the rest on the AMC site tonight just to see how it went down.

For me, I've hate watched the show for years, and if my wife didn't want to keep up,I would've given up years ago. I'm also not generally a horror movie fan. I like suspense, not gore and jumpscares. The second half of the season was great. Truly creepy and scary for the first time in years, they got rid of dead (heh) weight of characters that were annoying instead of interesting with the midseason jump, and returned it to where anyone can die at any time. They did a good job making me give a crap about some of the characters. Hell they even gave Daryl interesting stuff to do. And at first when they made it like the herd zombies were evolving, heck they even made that pay off. And even Negan, who I found more annoying than fearsome, I like him as a crap-stirrer role right now. And the King, who early on seemed laughable, I like how they developed him into just someone with his own quirks. The papier mache tiger at the fair cracked me up. For the first time since at least Herschel's farm, I actually am not dreading watching the show, I'm actually looking forward to it.

Last edited: May 12, 2019
  24. TheSeldomSeenKid

Yeah, like 'Ride with Norman Reedus' AMC Bike Show:agree:.

Actually, once Andy Lincoln decided to leave the Show, I figured that Daryl would get a larger role this Season, but if he is striking out on his own, not sure how much he will be used in the next Season.

TWD got better because they switched Showrunners this Past Season and it paid off-IMO.

kouzie likes this.
  25. Isaac K.

Isaac K. Forum Resident

The Walking Dead comic comes to an end tomorrow, making it a complete surprise for most readers. Hope the show soon follows suit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.