The Walking Dead - Season 9

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by masswriter, Jul 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stuwee

stuwee Forum Resident

re you kidding me?? Who wrote this crap?? Hardwick? Unbelievable, literally!! :hurl:If this departure drags on two more commercials I'm switching to the Pats/Packers game....Boo Hiss :thumbsdow :thumbsdow :rant:

2. Aggie87

Aggie87 Gig 'Em!

I don't know what to think after that episode. And after the first couple minutes of Talking Dead either.

Switched over to football because I don't want to think about this right now.

stuwee likes this.
  3. brimuchmuze

brimuchmuze Forum Resident

Make a decision and stick with it.

Hall Cat, Morton LaBongo and stuwee like this.
  4. genesim

genesim Forum Resident

SPOILER!!!!!

More Rick and more feature movie quality. Woo hoo!! I love it. So much to look forward to. Judith all grown up. Great time to be a real fan!!!

videoman likes this.
  5. Aggie87

Aggie87 Gig 'Em!

Please use the spoiler feature to hide your post, so you don't ruin things for those who haven't seen this episode yet.

6. steveharris

steveharris Senior Member

I want to see Rick Grimes promoting products during commercials.What baloney!Sorry guys but that`s how I feel right now!:doh:

7. stuwee

stuwee Forum Resident

Don't peek at this thread folks if you haven't watched, no one is forcing you. SPOILER!!!! We are venting and commenting here. IT was a Trainwreck.

This was the worse crap I've seen in 9 years of this show. 45 minute dying scene? I'm sure Andrew and the "writer" (Quotes used loosely here, thought it would be nice for the fans to drag it out to touch on some high points of Rick. I don't like to be played the fool, you don't impale a kidney with rebar, pull yourself off the rebar, get on a horse ride for miles, bleeding into your abdominal cavity and keep going. I feel like Annie Wilkes in Misery..."This doesn't happen, it's not right, He NEVER GOT OUT OF THE COCK A DOODIE CAR!!"

Oh, Oh and, Some of those dream scenes were a little too close to home in line of current events...the mass of walkers on the bridge----Caravan. And most disrespectful-----the mass of bodies Rick walked through-----The Holocaust. Bad form. Shameful.

Thanks for letting me get this out, if you don't agree with me, fine. I've watched since ep 1, season 1, I will continue, just a bit tainted for me for now on. It's just a TV show after all...

Chris from Chicago likes this.
  8. misterdecibel

misterdecibel Bulbous Also Tapered

Well that was a steaming pile.

Bender Rodriguez likes this.
  9. videoman

videoman Senior Member

Great ending! Looking forward to the new episodes for than I have for at least two seasons!

Way to reboot a tired series!

10. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

Chris from Chicago likes this.
  11. NettleBed

NettleBed Forum Transient

SPOILER

HAHA! I knew they'd never actually kill the Rick character. He's just going away for awhile, and when Andrew Lincoln's film career doesn't go as lucratively as he hopes, he'll be back on the main series.

It was a really dreadful episode, like so many others in recent years. The logistics of the zombie hoard chasing him and the ease with which a delirious and near-dead Rick is able to outrun and out-maneuver them is truly some unintentionally hilarious stuff.

12. genesim

genesim Forum Resident

So much crying. I love all these writers here.

I enjoyed the show so much. I am glad that Rick is staying and I am going to get what I always wanted, more Walking Dead in almost every trajectory!

Rick is a bad ass and history has shown that people have lasted for weeks with mortal wounds and we are questioning a few hours??

So much agony to watch an hour show?

Not every puncture has to be an organ.

Spoiler

Why does it just have to be that holocaust? How about any war throughout history?

What about the pile of bodies that were on the show?

Last edited: Nov 5, 2018
  13. Aggie87

Aggie87 Gig 'Em!

They may as well have had Rick abducted by a U.F.O. That ending completely took us out of the established TWD universe as we've known it throughout the series.

Stupid idea, and an insult to its long loyal viewers.

Hall Cat likes this.
  14. genesim

genesim Forum Resident

There are helicopters in Fear the Walking Dead, why would it be an impossibility? What is the established universe? Tanks were used and so were chain guns. They showed the helicopter repeatedly and correct me if I am wrong, but Rick saw it too? When they said last episodes for Walking Dead might he perhaps cross over into Fear?
    Yeah, I see a lot of anger, but I think to appreciate the show, one must think outside the box or in the case the series as was spoonfed in the first 5 or less seasons.

The extras talked about a lot of this stuff, and this isn't that big a surprise to me. They practically put a neon sign on it actually.

15. Hall Cat

Hall Cat Senior Member

I'm just glad that all the "Rick's final episodes" nonsense is over. The season has been good up until last night's episode. I'm interested to see what they'll do without him.

genesim likes this.
  16. genesim

genesim Forum Resident

It was a weaker episode...sorta, it had some very good flashbacks and Sasha was a surprise.

I felt her sacrifice has been underestimated by fans, and I appreciated her being brought back. In many ways one could say that Shane or Hershel should have been last, but then you have the bigger picture which is her being a major character who was a huge part of why the battle raged on as it should have. She bought the group valuable time which kept their gooses from being cooked so soon.

To this day I love her kind of finger in he air attitude and I think her speech was awesome because of the fact that no character (in that word) is more important then the other, even Rick. I welcome change, and I also welcome that Rick may not be done at all. You can't blame a man for wanting to be with his family. That said, the "final episodes" I think were very respectful because it gave people a warning on the fact that the most beloved characters is going to take a bit of a break. I appreciated that as a fan.

videoman likes this.
  17. Slowest.horse. ever.

AudioEnz and videoman like this.
  18. Kyhl

Kyhl On break

I've missed this thread. Nice to see it back.

FWIW, I enjoy the twist of talkers this season. Oh wait, wrong zombie show. Carry on.

sixtiesstereo likes this.
  19. sixtiesstereo

sixtiesstereo Senior Member

Yeah, I like "Z Nation" also...great show.

20. Hall Cat

Hall Cat Senior Member

I feel that the marketing was very manipulative and the ending was very phony. But again, now that all that is out of way, i'm ready to (hopefully) enjoy the new direction.

Aggie87 likes this.
  21. genesim

genesim Forum Resident

They shoulda shown it getting ate up for a send back to the first episode. Instead Horsey got out of dodge! It sure ran then.

Yeah, that is marketing for ya. I don't know about phoney, but more like unexpected.

In the Walking Dead there has been a lot of implausible stuff just like the whole premise of dead walkers is. The washing to shore while not being bit at all seems just out and out goofy, but then again Rick is Rick and in that world, he seems to always find a way.

I agree, time to open a new chapter. Not sure about team Judith...but eh, I will just have to wait and see.

22. videoman

videoman Senior Member

They first showed us the helicopter—- first episode of last season, I think? Maybe earlier?

We’ve always known that was going to mean something.

I liked what they did and love that they are going to expand the known universe with movies and web shows and such. Also like that they are going to jump this story ahead six years. Will save us from all the “mourn Rick” scenes. Carol with long gray hair looks like a bad ass. Should be a fun rest of the season.

23. videoman

videoman Senior Member

Yep. C’mon people. It’s a zombie show! We are obviously dispensing with a lot of reality to begin. Not the least of which is that everything decays and gets squishy on these things except for apparently their teeth and gums which remain healthy and strong!

24. genesim

genesim Forum Resident

Its a Laura Strode look!

Skulls tend to keep their teeth. They look pretty gnarly to me. But yeah, the strength on the other hand is something I gotta agree with. They seem to take away meat like it is all good. That and they are always super strong too.

25. videoman

videoman Senior Member

Yep. But their skulls turn to mush apparently. Cut through them like butter with a knife. Lol.

Hey. It’s all just fun and entertainment.

I thought that the last two seasons were a bit of a dirge. I’ve only been sticking with the show just because—-why not at this point. But I’ve enjoyed this season so far. It has felt more like a return to the original spirit of the show rather than just endless gun battles. I’m hopeful for the future of it going forward.

Motorcity supernaut likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.