The Walking Dead: The Ones Who Live 2/25/24

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Michael, Feb 26, 2024.

1. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O! Thread Starter

The Walking Dead: The Ones Who Live Premiered 2/25/24
    What did you all think?
    We liked it but not loved it so far...got better towards the end.

2. Michael

2nd episode was pretty good. This may turn out pretty good. We are liking it so far.

3. nosticker

nosticker Forum Guy

It's keeping my interest, that's about it.

Dan

4. TheSeldomSeenKid

TheSeldomSeenKid Forum Resident

The 2nd Episode was better than the 1st one, and a lot going on in it. A few surprises(deaths of characters, which I did not expect to happen after only being introduced to them, and of course how Rick found his way back to Michonne). So far interested enough to finish out what I think is only 4 more episodes, although as of now, I think Daryl Dixon is the best of the spin off series so far based on it’s completed 1st Season.

I am more stoked for the 2nd Season of Interview with a Vampire, as far as AMC Series goes, although looks like a different actress is playing the Girl Vampire this 2nd Season that will start in May.

Also, looking forward to Parish, the New AMC Series with Giancarlo Esposito behind the Wheel(literally as a Man with Great Driving Skills), which I think starts the end of this Month,

Michael likes this.
  5. RockNRod

RockNRod Forum Resident

I give it a 6.9/10 so far. The one thing I learned from all of these WD series is that you need to be more aware of other people's motives rather than the threat of zombies killing you. So, I know this simple fact would be obvious to preppers, but I was optimistically naive.

6. Michael

I thought DD was terrible...as was the Negan and Maggie Show...I was really looking forward to this!

7. Michael

Episode 3 was enjoyable! I cannot believe I am saying this!...so far it's been all good...looking forward to the rest...also one of my favorite actors is in the cast...

Pollyanna McIntosh

Last edited: Mar 13, 2024
  8. Michael

OK! Walking Dead fans what's your take on this season so far? : )

9. nosticker

nosticker Forum Guy

It's keeping my interest, as opposed to Dead City and the Daryl one, which bored me instantly.

Dan

barondla, Doggiedogma and Michael like this.
  10. Michael

those 2 did not work for us! Terrible just terrible!
    I was hoping to like Negan and Maggie...NOPE!
    ...hair in the eye was a total drag...

nosticker likes this.
  11. nosticker

nosticker Forum Guy

I just encountered what I believe was TWD filming in my town last week, so either there's another season coming or a movie(as they have threatened).

Dan

Doggiedogma and Michael like this.
  12. Michael

well that's cool...The this new show is filmed in NY/NJ IIRC?

13. nosticker

nosticker Forum Guy

I believe it's a few places. I saw one pic that was obviously NYC. Gimple is from NJ originally, maybe that has something to do with it?

Dan

Michael likes this.
  14. Michael

perhaps, he was born in Berkeley Heights, NJ.

nosticker likes this.
  15. Amazon Prime has ep. 1 streaming for free. Wow, that episode is all over the place structurally. Not enticing enough to subscribe to AMC to see the rest, maybe at a later point when I can binge on a few shows.

Michael and Doggiedogma like this.
  16. notesofachord

notesofachord Riding down the river in an old canoe

Enjoying it

Michael likes this.
  17. Michael

will watch it tomorrow. : )

18. Michael

us too...much to my surprise. : )

19. Michael

all four episodes so far have been good...we are fans of Michone.

20. nosticker

nosticker Forum Guy

I disliked last night's episode. Characters doing nonsensical things for nonsensical reasons. I forgot how TWD slaps one in the face with less-than-plausible scenarios, and then they try to pivot the whole plot on that unlikely and contrived point. Hey, it's TWD, doing what it does. Let's hope the "finale" is something.

Dan

21. AC1

AC1 Forum Resident

[​IMG]

I watched the first 4 episodes. I'm pretty sure that Andrew 'Rick' Lincoln's main condition before returning to the Walking Dead universe was 'better writers' and a 'bigger budget'. And after 4 episodes, I can safely say that it seems that he got what he wanted. I'm just guessing of course. Hopefully they can continue on this level.

PS: There is still too much filler though, like with characters telling stories to each other and such.

nosticker likes this.
  22. sixtiesstereo

sixtiesstereo Senior Member

OK, so did Jadis kill Father Gabriele or not. I don't remember it being shown one way
    or the other.

23. mikeja75

mikeja75 Forum Resident

I don't think so. If you remember, she let him up when he was down on the ground and he gave her some additional words of wisdom. I was kind of half expected him to gift her one of those "Just Hang In There" cat posters to top it all off.

Then near the end of the episode, they show Gabe coming to their yearly meeting point and Jadis not showing up.

I say he's alive.

phillyal1 and sixtiesstereo like this.
  24. AC1

AC1 Forum Resident

Agreed on episode 5.

nosticker likes this.
  25. mikeja75

mikeja75 Forum Resident

After a stellar episode 4, #5 was a giant letdown. I thought the dialog, especially from Jadis, was stilted and not "normal". I know Jadis is a bit of an odd duck, but it still stood out.

AC1 and nosticker like this.