The Wall - Vinyl - Amazon stuffed me

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by bettsaj, Feb 26, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bettsaj

bettsaj “I'm in competition with myself and I'm losing.” Thread Starter

So I notice that Amazon had The Wall up for sale for £15. I thought, brilliant how can I not place an order. It was out of stock, so I thought i'd place the order anyway, as for that price I don't mind waiting......

Message from Amazon:

Hello,

The price for `The Wall [VINYL]' (ASIN: B00536OCYG) was displayed incorrectly when you placed your order 203-7303889-1899513.

Despite our best efforts, with the millions of items available on our website, pricing errors can occasionally occur.

In our Conditions of Use and Sale (see AmazonSmile Help: Conditions of Use ), we state that where an item's correct price is higher than our stated price, we will, at our discretion, cancel the order and notify you of that cancellation.

Your order has now been cancelled. If you still want to purchase this item, please place a new order which will be charged at the correct price, when we dispatch it to you.

We’re sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Regards,

Customer Service Department
    Amazon.co.uk

B*stards!!​

2. englishbob

englishbob has left the SH Forums...19/05/2023

3. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

Happened to me a while ago as well, but with a CD order from Japan. Just because the price was 'incorrect'. What is that!?

4. Colocally

Colocally One Of The New Wave Boys

The thing is, Amazon don't take your money until the order is finalised, so although you "pay" for the item when you press order, the transaction isn't actually complete. So they are legally entitled to cancel at any time before the money is pulled from your account. It sucks, and I have been disappointed with it in the past, but it is what it is.

If they took your money, then realised the error and tried to refund you, then you could argue that my taking the money they had accepted the transaction and we bound to honour it.

5. majorlance

majorlance Forum Resident

"Ladies & gentlemen, welcome to today's installment of First World Problems..."
    :doh:

Pancat, Brendan K, Nostaljack and 5 others like this.
  6. Hymie the Robot

Hymie the Robot Forum Resident

Still waiting for my $8 Moving Pictures vinyl...

7. Deek57

Deek57 Forum Resident

Find a Sainsburys that has is it in their two for twenty five quid offer, pair it with something else that takes your fancy.

8. bettsaj

bettsaj “I'm in competition with myself and I'm losing.” Thread Starter

I'm only slightly peeved..... i understand they're legally entitled to cancel as they haven't physically taken the money.......... But it got my hopes up.

dkmonroe and majorlance like this.
  9. puddleduck

puddleduck Forum Resident

My order at £14.22 placed on 17th Feb hasn't been cancelled - actually I got this just today..

Hello,

We are pleased to report that the following item will dispatch sooner than expected:

Pink Floyd "The Wall [VINYL]"
    Previous estimated arrival date: March 12 2019 - March 30 2019
    New estimated arrival date: March 07 2019 - March 08 2019

I suppose it's possible they may yet cancel. Not hugely bothered as I'm can't really be doing with records (I know them as records, not vinyl), but the price was very good, and I'm still on the original cassette (which I can no longer play due to lack of said cassette hardware)

englishbob likes this.
  10. dkmonroe

dkmonroe A completely self-taught idiot

Well, it just goes to show you that some pricing errors are more seriously regarded than others. A few years ago I got AC/DC's Complete Collection on Mp3 from Amazon for $5 due to a pricing error and they honored it. I suppose with digital content there's really nothing they can do anyway though. But when there's a LP involved, yes they can and will cancel orders that are priced incorrectly.

11. ODShowtime

ODShowtime jaded faded

I've never had Amazon cancel an order where they priced too low. Very bad luck for the OP.

12. mahanusafa02

mahanusafa02 Forum Resident

Have you no first-world problems in New Jersey?

13. xfilian

xfilian Forum Resident

Surprised to be honest. When Amazon US incorrectly dropped the recent Stones box set to around $170 (it should have been $450) I was lucky enough to snag three at that price and they did not question it.

14. vinylontubes

vinylontubes Forum Resident

Me either. But I have gotten refunded money for the price being lowered.

15. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

This should be in Marketplace Discussions in the future @bettsaj . Reported for moving already.

16. puddleduck

puddleduck Forum Resident

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.