The weakest track on album Blizzard of Ozz by Ozzy Osbourne?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by RedBarchetta, Feb 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Atomic Punk

Atomic Punk Forum Resident

I voted for 'Dee' , because to me it's not a song....more of a an intrumental 'thingy' .

Good bye to Romance I find also not a strong track. ..It's to Sweet and not enough a power ballad, instead of the strong er ballad on Diary.

Side one of this album is due too tracks 3 and 4 also not strong enough to be a favorite one of me. After the 2 opening songs the album runs out of steam, but luckily it end well with Suïcide Solution.

Therefore I prefer side B and are a litte surprises by the many dislikes votes for No Bone Movies . It's not a big compositie, but is does rock.

2. sunking101

sunking101 Forum Resident

No Bone Movies rocks! There is no bad song on this album but if I had to pick one it would be Dee.

3. DML71

DML71 Forum Resident

Straight away I thought 'No Bone Movies' The lyrics/repetition of No Bone Movies never sounded good to me.

No Bone Movies by Ozzy Osbourne - Songfacts

Take the facts with a pinch of salt I'd never heard of 'Bodge'!

"Bodge" is British slang for breasts, hence the line "X-rated demon that lives in my head, hungry for bodge and he wants to be fed.

4. sunking101

sunking101 Forum Resident

Randy's riff, progression and solo elevate the song far above what it could have been with a lesser guitarist IMO.
    I've never heard of bodge either!

5. sandimascharvel

sandimascharvel Forum Resident

Interesting fact:

There are 2 very different mixes of "No Bone Movies".

1st mix:
    The originally intended B-side mix when the song was going to be the non-album track before it was decided to relegate "You Looking At Me, Looking At You" as the b-side (a decision that Bob Daisley now considers as possibly being not the correct choice, but a decision that was made in part based on that Lee would have a co-write on the album).
    I prefer this mix as far as the guitars and vocals are much more up front. Ozzy's voice is either double-tracked or has a nice chorus effect and sounds better this way.
    The guitar solo is much more up front and detailed.
    The chorus chant isn't on this version. Instead, an x-rated recording of a girl starts at 2:30 over the music to the end.

2nd mix:
    The album version.
    The vocals and guitars aren't as up front.
    Vocals sound very dry, not double-tracked or chorused.
    The x-rated part is replaced with the gang vocals, likely because the x-rated version would definitely cause problems on an album.

The 1st mix was going to be on the original 2002 remaster as a bonus track before Sharon ordered the bass and drums replaced. The bonus tracks of this and "You Said it All" were then dropped. It turned up on an unofficial release.

I don't care much for either the x-rated bit or the gang vocals. What I think really sounds best is the live ending that they did which gave the band more of a chance to shine.

6. BluesOvertookMe

BluesOvertookMe Forum Resident

Wow, this ended up as a runaway! I never knew every one else hated No Bone Movies!

Ryan_Pretzel likes this.
  7. No bone movies by faaaaar. A legendary album with this track. Why?

8. DML71

DML71 Forum Resident

To give Lee Kerslake a writing credit.

Wondered who voted for the following tracks Suicide Solution/Mr Crowley/Crazy Train/I Don't Know!

Ryan_Pretzel and 500Homeruns like this.
  9. 500Homeruns

500Homeruns Peaceful Punk

A troll

Ryan_Pretzel likes this.
  10. Haha, yeah. I had the same throught... no way anyone serisouly cannot enjoy some of the tracks on this album. Even something like Mother Earth, although a ballad of sorts, with that guitar solo, how can you not love it?

500Homeruns likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.