The Who: Moving On- 2019 North American Tour / New Album

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by beatleswho, Jan 10, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jethrowup

jethrowup Forum Resident

!!! Title confirmed: Who's For Queen?

warewolf95, omikron, Odysseus and 2 others like this.
  2. jlf

jlf Forum Resident

Here are the UPC's I was given (for the vinyl editions, at least) by a reliable source

060257747053 - The Who - TBC - LP - 3 - 11/22/19 - Colored Vinyl (Polydor UK)
    060257748605 - The Who - TBC - LP - 2 - 11/22/19 - Gatefold Vinyl

[off-topic, but a super deluxe of The Who Sell Out was also given a UPC along with a 2-LP edition, but looks like that project was bumped in favor of the new album]

3. MPLRecords

MPLRecords Owner of eleven copies of Tug of War

Correct me if I'm wrong, but am I right in thinking that what I've bolded is the number of LPs in each product? If so, I wonder why the colored edition would have an additional record...

4. jlf

jlf Forum Resident

That's my first impression, yes, but we'll see.

MPLRecords likes this.
  5. jlf

jlf Forum Resident

Btw, some more Who product on the way soon.

060257768750 - The Who - Quadrophenia LP - 2 - 9/20/19 - Rem.2018 / Original Motion Picture Soundtrack
    060257768744 - The Who - The Kids Are Alright - LP - 2 - 9/20/19 - Rem.2018 / Original Motion Picture Soundtrack

MPLRecords likes this.
  6. jlf

jlf Forum Resident

Here's the UPC for the CD edition: 0602577430367

7. johnny moondog 909

johnny moondog 909 Beatles-Lennon & Classic rock fan

I came to love the WHO music, only after learning of the huge stockpile of non album songs & unreleased ( until years & years later ) songs, & then hearing them all on the reissue studio albums & the compilation albums like Odds & Sods..the 70-72 period is another with a couple great albums worth of bonus & non as album material..

Anyway I agree with our poster here, a few posts or 1-2 pages back, that said-regarding the odd little Twitter blurb, with the brightly colored question mark..& the 25-30 second music clip....I think that's a clip from The studio version of Ball & Chain/Guantanamo off the new album...& yes it sounded great, & yes Pete played different guitar licks than the 3-4 recent concert clips...

I am drooling to hear this album !! I've nearly caused family & friends to disown me, because I talk about it so often !!!..they just get a glazed look, or even angry expressions, waiting for me to pause, so they change the subject !!

Smokin Chains, Fullbug and Rufus rag like this.
  8. Randal_SS

Randal_SS Jammin' Econo

Great show tonight at Blossom in the Cleveland/ Akron area. Roger was in great voice, Pete was inspired, Simon pulled it all together (his backing vocals and guitar work remain excellent). Orchestra accompaniment was there when it needed to be, subdued when appropriate. The sound mix in the pavilion was a bit trebly (primarily Roger's voice prominent in the mix), but that could have been a matter of my seat location. No regrets for my $140 ticket price... they're on fire on this leg on the tour (better than the Leg 1 Buffalo show at least).

So now I'm off to see if I can swing another show before it wraps.

PS: Pete introduced "Guantanamo" as "Ball and Chain," without alluding to any dispute over the title.

J_D__, Matthew Tate, RayS and 4 others like this.
  9. johnny moondog 909

Anybody grab or find video of the 2 new songs, from this show or the last show....haven't seen any clips of them since Toronto really. .I'm hoping someone gets the 2 new songs with better fidelity, less muffled.

J_D__ and Matthew Tate like this.
  10. Randal_SS

Randal_SS Jammin' Econo

If I come across decent versions captured by others, I'll post 'em up. I haven't heard any of the earlier versions, since I wanted tonight's show to be a new experience. Didn't tape them because my phone stays in my pocket during performances.

11. Dr. Robert

Dr. Robert Forum Reconstructor

What worries me about the new album is that Pete seems pretty happy nowadays.

Most of his best material was written when he was absolutely miserable and depressed (Who's Next, Quadrophenia and Empty Glass), which isn't the case now. Pretty worrying, indeed. /s

12. Benn Kempster

Benn Kempster Who else?

Personally, I'd prefer that he, as a person, was happy and content, producing no music whatsoever as opposed to being worried that a bunch of songs are going to engage me for 45 minutes whilst my hero suffers.......

Odd, indeed.

13. Dr. Robert

Dr. Robert Forum Reconstructor

So do I, I was joking (hence the /s for sarcasm) :D

Bilbo Swaggins likes this.
  14. reb

reb Money Beats Soul

Purchasers of Moving on Tour concert tickets were promised a copy of the album.

I haven't seen this mentioned as of late.

I presume it will be in the form of a digital download key and not a physical cd ??

Question mark wants an answer to all and I want it now - ;)

piepants and J_D__ like this.
  15. RayS

RayS A Little Bit Older and a Little Bit Slower

Purchasers of TWO concert tickets get ONE CD. That's the deal. So for driving hundreds of miles to see a show by myself ... I get to buy the CD. :)

16. reb

reb Money Beats Soul

Thanks for the info.

I purchased 1 ticket thru ticket master.

the tickets for Jones Beach are currently resale only.

therefore, I get no free cd.

here's the amazon link

https://www.amazon.com/Coming-Soon-...0602577430367&qid=1568203755&s=gateway&sr=8-1

Matthew Tate and RayS like this.
  17. johnny moondog 909

I can't wait for this album !!!!

Matthew Tate likes this.
  18. Billy_Sunday

Billy_Sunday ... formerly ThirdBowl

Right there with you, friend!

Missed you at those Greek shows but it was a real blast seeing the 2 WHO Oakland (8/29 & 8/30) shows with you.

GoodKitty likes this.
  19. johnny moondog 909

THIS IS A GREAT CLIP...ITS GOT SOME BABA STYLE BUBBLING NOODLES & THE CRAZY GUITAR !

Last edited: Sep 11, 2019
  20. Billy_Sunday

Including a show on Maui no less. Super cool.

GoodKitty likes this.
  21. Billy_Sunday

We're talking about La Jolla 2001, right?

I wasn't aware that some songs were left off the official releases.... I'll have to double check / compare with my master tapes.....

22. Billy_Sunday

It was a full blown tour.

23. Billy_Sunday

I see. I stand corrected. No "full blown" but East Coast, West Coast, and Hawaii. They covered some ground!

Matthew Tate likes this.
  24. arthurprecarious

arthurprecarious Forum Resident

25. reb

reb Money Beats Soul

I Can See For Miles- Band only

9/6/19

Billy_Sunday likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.