The Who - My Generation & A Quick One

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by lukpac, Jun 25, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. peter

peter Senior Member

Kipper:

You are of course absolutely correct in everything you say! And I am glad someone responded to the questions/observations I raise.

I first started buying import Beatles LP's in the mid 70's in Canada where I grew up and where, by the way, UK LP's started appearing in about 1974 due to the terrible quality of Canadian pressings. I was BLOWN AWAY when I heard a UK copy of Pepper (stereo) for the fist time. So, I bought up the set, all 12 UK LP's, later adding the red and blue LP's and the offical UK releases of Hey Jude (1979) and Magical Mystery Tour (1976). Since then, I've acquired a full set of UK orig. mono LP's (except Yellow Submarine) and a few 1981 mono re-pressings. I sure wish I'd bought all those in 1981, but I didn't know then what I know now.

As for Beatles For Sale, I have a mono UK orig., a stereo one EMI box copy and a stereo two box EMI copy. This, along with Help!, are the only Beatles' LP's I prefer in stereo. Comparing my 2 stereo pressings, there really isn't mush difference, certainly not enough to jutify the money for a y/b Parl. stereo copy. However, I will say that if these y/b stereo LP's pop up at a good price, like the Help! I got did, I will get them, just for completeness.

Finally, can you tell me if a red mono box goes for in the UK what it appears to go for on ebay. E-mail me direct, if you want, at [email protected].

Thanks for your input.

Peter

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.