The Who Sell Out - Deluxe Editions- Price and Shipping Thread

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by reb, Feb 25, 2021.

1. reb

reb Money Beats Soul Thread Starter

2. Surferghost

Surferghost Forum Resident

The artist remains 'TBC' but the pack shot is now up on the Amazon UK link for the SDE, so we seem to be gathering steam with this now.

3. hallucalation

hallucalation Forum Resident

4. The Beave

The Beave My Wife Is My Life! And don’t I forget it!

5. JimSpark

JimSpark I haven't got a title

Mine was delivered this morning ;)

The Beave likes this.
  6. Devotional

Devotional Senior Member

Amazon has a new global shipping option besides Standard Delivery and Priority Express. It has an outrageous flat rate of $50,000, and just says "G. Simmons (1-3 days)". I wonder what that could be?

7. DK Pete

DK Pete Forum Resident

8. m5comp

m5comp Classic Rock Lover

It's up now on Amazon US. Including tax it was $151.18.

dee and DK Pete like this.
  9. croquetlawns

croquetlawns Forum Resident

$180.24 on Amazon Australia.

10. Humbuster

Humbuster Staff Emeritus

Not surprised by initial Amazon US price, although I hoped it to be around $130.00

I will more than likely order it and keep an eye on it as we get closer to release date.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  11. bcliff33

bcliff33 Forum Resident

12. MemoInPR

MemoInPR Señor Memo

Sound of Vinyl U.K. has the Mono colored vinyl version:

2LP deluxe (mono) vinyl version featuring the original album and extras highlights from box set pressed on coloured vinyl; disc 1 ‘Odorono’ red / disc 2 ‘Baked Bean’ orange.

The Who Sell Out Colour 2LP (Store Exclusive)

DocShipe, Dennis Metz and Jon H. like this.
  13. Pawnmower

Pawnmower Senior Member

The official store has the mono vinyl too.. as well as other things like slipmats, etc.

Waiting on Bullmoose and Import CDs

Hep Alien likes this.
  14. epp56

epp56 Forum Resident

15. Spazaru

Spazaru Angry Samoan

It looks beautiful but I don't have the space or money. I hope it will be on streaming. I know the digital version for sale will have more than the CD version which is annoying.

16. peteham

peteham Senior Member

The trouble is, it's Musicvaultz which still hasn't sent me my McCartney vinyl, and it took months to extract my Tears For Fears box from them. I think I am done with them (and their customer service is abysmal). But good luck!

footlooseman and slipkid like this.
  17. Devotional

Devotional Senior Member

Went back and forth between What Records and UD, and eventually landed on the latter. It feels a bit wrong to order from the US instead of the UK, but with the 20 % off it came out a bit better. Total was $222.19 inc. shipping for the box and both of the double-LP's to Norway. I will be hit with a 25 % tax on top of that when it arrives, but that's life. I'm just happy to get my order in, and that this thing exists!

UD are notoriously slow though. The deluxe WHO took over two months to get here, although I ordered that one from the UK store (through the band). So yes, it'll probably be a summer binge for me.

18. Carl80

Carl80 Forum Resident

Is there anything extra included in the Japanese deluxe set? I’m holding fire until I see what that includes.

19. Matthew Tate

Matthew Tate Forum Resident

can't wait to see who has the lowest price

slipkid and Carl80 like this.
  20. J_D__

J_D__ Senior Member

The Who website service is horrible. I preordered their last album two months before release and was put in back order. Customers ordering after the release date we’re getting their orders and mine hadn’t shipped. Then I had an issue with one of the albums and never got a clean copy. I’d avoid ordering from their site if possible.

WhoTapes1, Matthew Tate and Carl80 like this.
  21. Carl80

Carl80 Forum Resident

It’s digital stores/Universal I think looking at it in the the UK, same as The Beatles and Stones store, they are awful if something needs returning , they literally have no idea what is going on when you email them for updates for anything.

J_D__ likes this.
  22. John D.

John D. Senior Member

Anyone know if this is gonna have included, the same tracks and re-mastering as the 2009 Deluxe 2 CD set ?

Matthew Tate likes this.
  23. J Luc

J Luc Forum Resident

Aoide likes this.
  24. Aoide

Aoide Forum Resident

25. J Luc

J Luc Forum Resident

JPC periodically (and randomly) sends out codes for 10% off when you register and use the site, I guess. Sometimes they get used and sometimes they don't as they are usually good for about a week. But they are personal codes for use with your account and not transferable.