The Who Sell Out - Deluxe Editions- Price and Shipping Thread

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by reb, Feb 25, 2021.

1. John D.

John D. Senior Member

Those discount codes only work on your first order, apparently.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  2. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

try "comeback" for 20 percent off

3. BuckNaked

BuckNaked Senior Member

[​IMG]

croquetlawns likes this.
  4. hodgo

hodgo Tea Making Gort (Yorkshire Branch) Staff

Neither worked for me when I tried them.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  5. Dude, can I buy a brewski? Thanks!

6. owsley

owsley Senior Member

Does anyone know if the Japanese version of the box has discs and vinyl pressed in Japan? I say probably not. I'm guessing all CD's and vinyl of the reissues are centrally pressed in one spot in the EU and distributed worldwide. But special extras and inserts will likely be offered from country to country.

I got totally burned buying the Stones Japanese Satanic Majesties Deluxe edition (cd's 2 lp's). The whole thing was an EU pressing I could have bought anywhere else for much cheaper. All the Japanese edition had that was uniquely Japanese was an OBI and Japanese lyric insert. I'm guessing that will be the same deal with Japanese editions of Who Sell Out. If anyone has information to the contrary, please post

WhoTapes1 likes this.
  7. Rob Zarzecki

Rob Zarzecki Forum Resident

regarding the 20% off udiscover code.
    In the US, changing my email address to my wife's allowed me to use the discount after being told I had used it before, which I had. Same mailing info and same PayPal info. It's worth a try.

hodgo, supermd and Matthew Tate like this.
  8. WhoTapes1

WhoTapes1 Forum Resident

If I remember correctly, the Japan ‘My Generation’ SDE included a replica picture sleeve of the ultra rare ‘Out In The Street’ sleeve (without an actual vinyl 45 record included), which was not included with the other SDE sets. It will be interesting to see if the Japan SDE release for ‘Sell Out’ includes any extra items this time.

Matthew Tate and owsley like this.
  9. owsley

owsley Senior Member

Yes you are correct. The Japanese deluxe My Gen box was Japanese pressed SHM cd's and I think for one reason only: it had no vinyl. I doubt the Japanese would press their Sell Out cd's and then import the 2 bonus 45's from the EU or make their own native 45 lacquers for their box.
    Another telltale sign the Japanese set will be EU pressed: their set is available at the same time it's available elsewhere. Usually a Japanese cd pressing is done weeks or months after the US or Euro edition has been released. It is highly likely the Japanese Sell Out will include some extra insert or something like that but the vinyl and cd's I predict will not be Japanese made

croquetlawns and WhoTapes1 like this.
  10. reb

reb Money Beats Soul Thread Starter

UPC CODES

2 LP

2 CD

7 Disc Box

11. hurple

hurple Forum Resident

They pre-order before allowing you to pre-order. They order 20 copies, so they know they will have 20 copies to sell. Then, 21 people come along and want to order from them. They have to tell that one last guy, "Sorry, sold out."

How is that hard to fathom?

Dreaddazzman, Matthew Tate and RC1 like this.
  12. englishbob

englishbob has left the SH Forums...19/05/2023

Because it's a ridiculous way to anticipate demand. Unless your product is made out of gold or platinum or some other precious metal.

Imagine being an artist and being told "We've made 500 copies but we could have sold x30 over that amount due to demand". Yeah sounds excellent.

Pre-order and then make the amount to satisfy pre-orders, why turn anyone away?

PhantomStranger and Matthew Tate like this.
  13. indigovic

indigovic (Taylor’s Version)

Ooh... Let’s make it with no vinyl and the extra item is a CD with the download/vinyl-only tracks...

owsley and Matthew Tate like this.
  14. Pawnmower

Pawnmower Senior Member

Wonder what Bullmoose is waiting for.

J_D__, supermd and Matthew Tate like this.
  15. bcliff33

bcliff33 Forum Resident

16. indigovic

indigovic (Taylor’s Version)

Aoide and croquetlawns like this.
  17. hurple

hurple Forum Resident

Because manufacturing is not instantaneous and most customers would not like to pre-order 9 months in advance. And, even then, how many do you make over and above the pre-order numbers? And, what about pre-orders that come in during the 9-month window?

At some point, some executive has to make a decision that they are going to manufacture X number of units. And if X < demand there will be sell-outs.

And that's on the corporate scale. On the smaller side, each retail outlet has to decide how many units of X they are planning to order, and if their order number (Y) is < customer orders then that retailer will sell out.

Most manufacturers would rather make too few and sell out than make too many and have surplus taking up space in a warehouse and incurring storage costs, especially of this type specialty, limited demand item.

18. drpep

drpep Whizzing and pasting and pooting through the day

They have it. It’s hard to find. Search for “The Who Sell Out”. Click relevance then newest releases. A cd version of Sell Out should come up at top of list. Click that then look for “9 editions starting at $7.97”. Click that, click “new (3)” then swipe left. It’s there at $125 plus some coin.

ARK, Matthew Tate, John D. and 2 others like this.
  19. J_D__

J_D__ Senior Member

I looked there too hoping they’d offer the 2 LP mono version.

20. reb

I posted the UPC codes ( above), which makes is easy to search sites.

Just copy and paste into the music website search to find the specific release. As of this morning, it was not listed yet at BullMoose, but now it is!

Search. Bull Moose

ARK and supermd like this.
  21. Pawnmower

Pawnmower Senior Member

22. slipkid

slipkid Senior Member

Looks like the way to go once they have one of their 10 or 15 or 20 % off sales. As it is adding in the shipping and tax it is the about the same as what I ordered from Amazon France ($110). Amazon France gives chance of pricedrop with the preorder guarantee but I'd prefer to order it in this country if poss. Will keep looking for sales etc.

23. reb

slipkid, superstar19 and Matthew Tate like this.
  24. Matthew Tate

Matthew Tate Forum Resident

25. Humbuster

Humbuster Staff Emeritus

Me too! Cancelled the Amazon order and placed this,
    With the crappy packaging from Amazon lately, DD has actually been better with their shipping.

slipkid, Aoide, reb and 1 other person like this.