The Woman In The Window..new Amy Adams

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Reid Smith, Feb 26, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Reid Smith

Reid Smith Forum Resident Thread Starter

My daughter told me about this movie today,she knows i'm a huge fan of Amy Adams and this movie looks good.Coming in May with a great cast to.
    Starring Amy Adams, Gary Oldman, Anthony Mackie, Wyatt Russell, Brian Tyree Henry, Jennifer Jason Leigh and Julianne Moore, “The Woman in the Window” is produced by Scott Rudin, Eli Bush and Anthony Katagas.
    Shades of Rear Window ;)

alexpop likes this.
  2. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

I love her too! there really hasn't been any movies I disliked her in except one. : ) more of the movie than her acting.

3. AirJordanFan93

AirJordanFan93 Forum Resident

Which was?

4. Arrival.

5. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

Not bad.
    Least a 7/10 from the trailer( YouTube).

6. HaileyMcComet

HaileyMcComet Forum Resident

That's all I had to hear.

7. The Panda

The Panda Forum Mutant

The Lady Vanishes crossed with Rear Window. Doesn't seem like an original premise to me.

8. Parachute Woman

Parachute Woman Forum Resident

I love Amy Adams (and Joe Wright, who directed several of my favorite films--Pride & Prejudice and Atonement) but this film has had a difficult production schedule. According to Wiki:

The Woman in the Window was originally scheduled to be released on October 4, 2019, by 20th Century Studios. However, on July 9, it was pushed back to 2020 as Disney retooled the film due to the negative test audience response towards the third act.

That doesn't really bode well, in my opinion. The novel had a very mixed reception as well, despite being a best-seller. It was hyped a great deal and sold a lot of copies, but many called it derivative.

RickH likes this.
  9. woody

woody Forum Resident

I enjoyed this movie but it is like the director went on a Brian DePalma binge. Lots of Hitchcock, but there are plenty of horror nods, even Giallo and Japanese and Korean horror movies. I was trying to guess what movie inspired each shot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.