The Wonderful Sounds of Female Vocals - Hybrid SACD coming soon

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Stefan Sigurdsson, May 6, 2018.

1. Say It Right

Say It Right Not for the Hearing Impaired

The buy/not buy decision is a simple coin flip.

2. Lovealego

Lovealego Forum Resident

Mine just shipped. I was only charged $27.99 from Music Direct, I must have purchased this at 20% off when it was listed at $34.99. (totally bragging here if you didn't pick up on it)

3. tommy-thewho

tommy-thewho Forum Resident

Great track list.

SoundDoctor likes this.
  4. CraigC

CraigC Forum Resident

I'm really digging the SACD. Rickie Lee Jones doing "Show Biz Kids" is hypnotic.

Shvartze Shabbos and SoundDoctor like this.
  5. Sigma6

Sigma6 Forum Resident

Can't find this SACD Down Under :-(

6. Sigma6

Sigma6 Forum Resident

Anyone seen the SACD available in Australia?

7. CraigVC

CraigVC Forum Resident

While I've heard Patsy Cline's song "Crazy" many times before, this was the first time (with this new 2-SACD collection) that I really sat down and gave it a careful "audiophile-attention" listen. And those clicks/pops (on the left channel?) are maddeningly obtrusive. What causes them? Overloaded microphone while recording the bass?

I also hear those clicks (though not as prominently as on the SACD) on this version on YouTube, so I know it's not something introduced on this particular SACD:

I'm more curious about why/how those clicks happened. I did a few searches of the forums to try and find the answer, but I was probably using the wrong keywords, if the answer already has been documented here.

Craig.

8. SoundDoctor

SoundDoctor Forum Resident

To be honest, I don't think all of the SACD was mastered by Kevin Gray. He cut the vinyl from the files, but some of the files were mastered by Ryan K Smith.