The Wonderful Sounds Of Male Vocals - AP SACD

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by George P, Mar 28, 2022.

1. George P

George P Notable Member Thread Starter

[​IMG]

Noticed that we don't have a thread for this AP SACD yet.

My copy arrived yesterday and I haven't heard it yet. I do own and have heard the female vocal equivalent SACD and thought it was excellent.

Various - The Wonderful Sounds Of Male Vocals

Last edited: Mar 28, 2022
  2. George P

OK, I have had a first listen to this SACD tonight. Mastering is by Ryan K Smith. As this compiles music from the 1958-2005, the sound is somewhat variable, but not distractingly so. Ryan did a nice job. Great, clean sound.

I definitely recommend this disc. Great way to sample some of AP's SACDs, while other tracks only previously appeared on AP LP and still others were not previously on any AP release.

Makes me wish AP would release some JD Souther, Willy DeVille and Willie Nelson on SACD.

3. jfeldt

jfeldt Forum Resident

I would love to see a full country series by AP. Willie, Waylon, Merle

4. jfeldt

jfeldt Forum Resident

Looking at that track list, I didn’t know about the Tony Bennett AP, I’ll grab that. It looks like there is a Willie Nelson Stardust LP but no SACD yet, right? Did they announce one?

Jagger69 and Shvartze Shabbos like this.
  5. This one slipped under my radar, likely because it was released right around beginning of pandemic. Will have to fix that next AS order and add this to it. Thanks, George.

Jagger69 and George P like this.
  6. George P

Not to my knowledge.

Jagger69 and jfeldt like this.
  7. What a wildly eclectic list of singers.

George P likes this.
  8. agentalbert

agentalbert Senior Member

Got this recently and have been listening today. Great collection of songs and it sounds fantastic. The only negative (to me) is the inclusion of "Coconut", one of the most annoying songs I've ever heard. Really wish they could have picked a different tune, from him or just about anybody. My favorite is the J. D. Souther tune "Silver Blue". Really wish AP or anyone would give that attention to some of his full albums.

George P likes this.