The Yoko Ono Reissue Project: out November 11, 2016

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by mindgames, Sep 6, 2016.

1. revolution_vanderbilt

revolution_vanderbilt Forum Resident

I never warmed up to it that much. I think maybe it's something about the arrangements/performances that keep me from putting up there with those classics. It certainly isn't the songs themselves.

2. mwheelerk

mwheelerk Sorry, I can't talk now, I'm listening to music...

Up a little early this morning and got the first cup of coffee in hand. I'm starting the day as I do most days with some relaxing jazz.

Wes Montgomery
    The Incredible Jazz Guitar Of Wes Montgomery

3. Summer of Malcontent

Summer of Malcontent Forum Resident

While we're talking about Season of Glass, are people aware that the single version of 'No, No, No' runs about a minute longer than the album version? As far as I know this version has never been released digitally. Just as the song starts to fade the backing track slams back in at full volume (actually, I think it might even be louder than the rest of the track) and pounds on while Sean talks about his father.

4. LandHorses

LandHorses I contain multitudes

I had never heard it, but just did now on YouTube. It's more haunting. It really should be a bonus track if we ever get the new Season of Glass, but I guess it will just be the same as the Ryko CD.

Hep Alien likes this.
  5. revolution_vanderbilt

As much as I suggest supporting Yoko and buying the reissues, I think every fan needs the unofficial Expanded editions made available online (by someone I'm sure many of you will find familiar.)

Just google "expanded apple albums" and check the first result. A lot of pages to wade through, but all full of goodies, from Yoko and from all the other Apple acts!

6. v3spertine

v3spertine Forum Resident

secretly canadian has removed yoko ono from their website

7. ad180

ad180 Forum Resident

:sigh: That’s disconcerting.

8. Parachute Woman

Parachute Woman Forum Resident

Aw man. It definitely feels like this isn't happening anymore. I suppose I just have to be happy with what we got.

9. citizensmurf

citizensmurf Ambient postpunk will never die

Hep Alien likes this.
  10. joeislive

joeislive Streets Ahead

That's not good. Doesn't Sean have his own label? Maybe he can release the rest on that?

11. Mark Wilson

Mark Wilson Forum Resident

Hep Alien likes this.
  12. bubba-ho-tep

bubba-ho-tep Resident Ne'er-Do-Well

It’s been over a year now since the last batch. Not good.

Oyster Boy likes this.
  13. v3spertine

v3spertine Forum Resident

weird. it wasn't showing up this morning.

Mark Wilson likes this.
  14. ad180

ad180 Forum Resident

I emailed Chimera and asked when the next batch was coming out. I was surprised to get an answer so fast!

"Late this year or early next year… Look for a (different) Yoko announcement on Tuesday (ImaginePeace.com)"

15. Oyster Boy

Oyster Boy Forum Resident

I wonder if they were put on the sideline due to the Imagine project.

Mark Wilson and joeislive like this.
  16. joeislive

joeislive Streets Ahead

Most likely. That must be what the Tuesday announcement will be.

Oyster Boy likes this.
  17. joeislive

joeislive Streets Ahead

Glad to get an update on this, and also a hint at when the press release for the Imagine set is coming (I assume thats what they are referencing)

Hep Alien likes this.
  18. pghmusiclover

pghmusiclover Senior Member

Ugh... sorry but I could care less about that. I want Yoko!!!

19. theMess

theMess Forum Resident

I don't know where to ask this and didn't want to start a new thread, so thought this was the best place to ask. Is it possible to hear the Yoko Plastic Ono Band album instrumentally ? In the same way that tracks have been released of just the bass on Beatles songs for instance, has anything like that been released for that album? I would just love to hear the drum, bass and guitar parts in isolation if possible.

andrewskyDE and MerseyBeatle like this.
  20. forthlin

forthlin Member Chris & Vickie Cyber Support Team

I see a lot of isolations of various Beatles/related projects but no such Yoko/POB. Doesn't mean it doesn't exist, just that I haven't seen it. :)

MerseyBeatle and theMess like this.
  21. MerseyBeatle

MerseyBeatle Martha my dear (1995-2012)

To the best of my knowledge, no. This album, sans vocals, has been one of my most wanted items. Unfortunately, OOPSing doesn’t remove the vocalization. Many years ago I asked @Veech if he could do it and at the time could not. However, with today’s technology it now may be possible. John, Ringo and Klaus really rock on this album.

andrewskyDE, Hep Alien and theMess like this.
  22. ad180

ad180 Forum Resident

Why would you want that?? :D

23. Veech

Veech Space In Sounds

Actually there is new technology that is pretty good at separating vocals from instrumental tracks. I hadn't thought about applying it to Yoko/POB but I may give it a try.

theMess likes this.
  24. revolution_vanderbilt

Yoko's twitter was recently celebrating the anniversary of the most recent batch of reissues, sharing a review from last year. So it's probably just a matter of not getting lost in the mix with the upcoming Imagine set. Oh Yoko!

25. MySweetFork

MySweetFork Pete Best

I love to turn you on.....

theMess, andrewskyDE and Hep Alien like this.