"The Zombies Greatest Hits" dual-layer SACD TRACK LISTING

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Steve Hoffman, Jul 15, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MMM

MMM Forum Hall Of Fame

In reference to stores not stocking this material - must just be my bad luck I guess. At the Tower store in my area the closest thing I can find to a Zombies disc is Rob Zombie, which isn't very close at all! I guess the Chicago area stores are stocked better.

2. MMM

MMM Forum Hall Of Fame

Almost forgot - thanks Pat for the info on the mono mix of "Time of the Season".

3. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host Thread Starter

The sound will be a little richer and smoother than on the DCC disc. More tubes in the system...

4. Claus

Claus Senior Member

Can't wait to hear the SACD... do you have compared them with the british box set remaster???

5. MMM

MMM Forum Hall Of Fame

I find it interesting how with tubes in the mastering chain the sound is also often "airier" compared to solid-state. Warmer, smoother, and airier!!!

6. NGeorge

NGeorge Forum Resident

Excellent news!

Maybe The Dave Clark 5 would be next.

Ahh, there's life after SACD after all!

George

7. Bob Lovely

Bob Lovely Super Gort In Memoriam

George,

With Dave Clark controlling the Master tapes for the DC5, I am not very confident that we will ever see the Stereo mixes on CD, let alone a contemporary re-release of the Mono mixes.

Bob:eek:

8. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host Thread Starter

You want the DC5? Got a million?

9. Bob Lovely

Bob Lovely Super Gort In Memoriam

Steve,

That is my point exactly! Even if I had the Million, do you think Dave Clark would license the Stereo master tapes? Me, thinks not! But, perhaps, if I win a large Powerball drawing, we will test that theory out!

Bob :confused:

10. Todd Fredericks

Todd Fredericks Senior Member

Would Dave Clark take $978,894.27 for the rights? Also, does he take credit card? Gosh, I bet people are just knocking down his door to pay that sort of money...

Todd

11. MMM

MMM Forum Hall Of Fame

Then there was that "other" British group - the uh, beetles (I think that's their name) but I think they spelled it Beatles (with an "a"). Not too many people know about them - their stuff shouldn't be too expensive to license Steve!;)

12. RetroSmith

RetroSmith Forum Hall Of Fame<br>(Formerly Mikey5967)

The Dave Clark Five

Dave Clark terminated his contract with Hollywood Records way before it ran out. He had a clause that he could do so at any time, with or without cause.

Dave pulled his masters from Hollywood because he was upset at how they marketed the DC5 Hits Cd. He feels they did not spend enough of their time and money advertising the set.

The initial deal called for the 2Cd package, a comprehensive Box Set for collectors (with unreleased tracks), then the issue of all the British Lps on CD. As you all know, all we got was the Hits set.

Hollywood is small label, and what did Dave REALLY think they could do to market the DC5? They did a lot of print, but that was about it.

The DC5 is kinda like Cameo Parkway in that if you want the stuff on Cd (meaning the stereo versions and the individual LPs) you might as well go for the grey market releases because its looking more and more like thats all we are gonna get!!!

I also hear that Dave Clark has put the DC5 stuff on the back burner once again. I believe he is financially involved with a theatre of some kind now.

Oy Vay!!

13. Bill

Bill Senior Member

Yeah, well, I was holding this back, but......
    his live concerts stunk!
    (I feel better already)

14. NGeorge

NGeorge Forum Resident

Too bad, I'll just have to listen to "Your Turn To Cry" , "I Still Need You" , "Bernadette" and the instrumental "Memories" on crappy worn 45s.

George

15. NGeorge

NGeorge Forum Resident

Re: The Dave Clark Five

[Dave pulled his masters from Hollywood because he was upset at how they marketed the DC5 Hits Cd. He feels they did not spend enough of their time and money advertising the set.

The initial deal called for the 2Cd package, a comprehensive Box Set for collectors (with unreleased tracks), then the issue of all the British Lps on CD. As you all know, all we got was the Hits set.

Hollywood is small label, and what did Dave REALLY think they could do to market the DC5? They did a lot of print, but that was about it. ]

The DC5 CD did make #1 in many places, so why was he upset?

As for the planned Box Set - that's in my wish list.

Isn't Hollywood part of Warner Brothers, a big player?

George

16. Alan T

Alan T Senior Member

Dave Clark has fantasies about how much his a catalogue is actually worth. Thus he won’t lease his material for a reasonable price to a movie, about the only way you could “promote” his “dead” catalogue. He has devalued his catalogue by keeping it out of print, except for the Hollywood 2CD set, in the USA since 1978.

Just ask anyone over 45 what they really think of the “Dave Clark Five”

Well maybe he put all of his energy into another production and will give us another winner like “Time” on the stage. (That was a joke folks)

“Hollywood is small label” what!?!

17. guy incognito

guy incognito Senior Member

I'm only 29, help me out here...

Who or what is a Dave Clark Five, again? :confused:

;)

18. Bill

Bill Senior Member

They played Ernie Harwell's senior prom (in a house by the side of the road).

19. NGeorge

NGeorge Forum Resident

Well, Alan, it's like this: If you don't have what's not available, it becomes a novelty. For me, anyway.

Like "Evolution" by the Hollies. Before EMI released it on CD, I thought it was the last CD I'd love to own.

Soon I got it including the domestic pressing. What do I feel about it now?

It's just another disc not spinning more than it should.

The Hollywood DC5 CD set, IMO, is so-so. Too many rocking tunes. I much prefer the softer side of the Dave Clark 5.

George

20. Alan T

Alan T Senior Member

Yes, I also searched out an UK LP of the Hollies "Evolution" and most of the Hollies catalogue before it was available on CD as well as the DC5 catalogue.

21. Todd Fredericks

Todd Fredericks Senior Member

Well, I think if Dave Clark keeps his stuff off the market for too long then he runs the risk of his group being forgotten and lost in the past. I bet a lot of people under thirty think the 'Dick Clark 5' when they hear the name on the radio in a passing truck...

Todd

22. NGeorge

NGeorge Forum Resident

LOL!

23. guy incognito

guy incognito Senior Member

LOL! "And a man from our nation's capital will take that one home!" :D

Congrats, I use that as my "location" on several different forums and you're the first from any of 'em to get the reference. Tiger fan?

24. Pat

Pat Forum Detective

"Dave Clark has fantasies about how much his catalogue is actually worth. Thus he won’t lease his material for a reasonable price to a movie, about the only way you could “promote” his “dead” catalogue. He has devalued his catalogue by keeping it out of print, except for the Hollywood 2CD set, in the USA since 1978."

Hmmmmm?

Then, why am I hearing "I Like It Like That" on the APPLEBEES commercials (radio and TV!)all the time? It doesn't make sense! It's kinda like the proverbial Allen Klein "slam" (reasonable or not?...I dunno!). maybe all this "speculation" about THESE people is "rumor" (rumour...for the UK/Canadian readers!).

I have: Whenever You're Around and ThinkingOf You Baby by The Dave Clark 5 on a CHEAP Sony Special Markets CD called Rock Goes To The Movies/Rockin' Is Our Bizness (1992) in "flat" Stereo! Go figure, huh?!

Then again, Steve himself said that Dave Clark wants astronomical amounts for the songs...and I "Do" believe Steve would have put out Dave Clark 5 stuff, if given half a chance!

25. -Ben

-Ben Senior Member

Thanks for explaining Steve. I was hoping "Whenever You're Ready", "She's Coming Home" and "The way I feel inside" would make the cut...but I understand. I am definitely looking forward to get this (my first SACD) as soon as it hits the street.
    BC

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.