There haven't been any good new cartoons lately, have there?

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by 93curr, Jan 26, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Luke The Drifter

Luke The Drifter Forum Resident

We like Marvel: Avengers.”, but it is clearly for children, and you may be looking for something more adult.

2. beccabear67

beccabear67 Musical omnivore.

I've watched some Avengers, Guardians Of The Galaxy and Justice League and they were pretty well done. They do take liberties with old comic book stories as I remember some of them. Super Hero Girls was very cute but a Super Hero high school is a cliched idea (got a free comic book day comic of them and Teen Titans Go anyway). Yes, another 'universe', whatever works. :whistle:

lightbulb likes this.
  3. yamfox

yamfox Forum Resident

It ended properly, but yeah it was only 40 episodes. Very good show though, like The Simpsons doing Twin Peaks, but y’know, for “kids” (it amped up the adult humor to more than typical levels, ESPECIALLY for Disney’s TV shows).

seed_drill and ianuaditis like this.
  4. Morpheus

Morpheus Forum Resident

New season of Robot Chicken starts up again (tonight I think).

Chris DeVoe likes this.
  5. edbert

edbert Forum Resident

Squidbillies

sean monaghan and Morton LaBongo like this.
  6. sloaches

sloaches Forum Resident

I have always been a huge fan of the classic cartoons from folks like Tex Avery, Ub Iwerks, Bob Clampett, and many others who I can't think of at the moment.

I do have to say that I have been entertained by recent shows like Adventure Time, The Regular Show, Rick and Morty, Bob's Burgers and the Seth MacFarlane shows. Oh, and I can't forget Wallace and Gromit!

7. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

Is Spongebob any better lately or still mediocre? It used to be great for the first 4 or 5 or so seasons.

8. goodiesguy

goodiesguy Confide In Me

The general consensus is it went to the crapper after the movie.

sean monaghan likes this.
  9. Ignatius

Ignatius Forum Resident

I will tolerate no badmouthing of Bob Belcher! That said, it appears the network views the program as precious metal, and only pinches off a loaf of show once in a blue moon.

10. Scott222C

Scott222C Loner, Rebel & Family Man

A whole UNIVERSE of Anime are out there and those are so much more than cartoons ever were.

11. seed_drill

seed_drill Senior Member

Cartoon Network really sucks these days. Nothing but that horrid Teen Titans Go. My daughter loves Steven Universe, but they're even slower than Rick and Morty. Honestly, I'm about to cancel cable, as I don't think the TV has been on in over two weeks.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2018
  12. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law

While I can never stay up for it, there's "The Jellies" on Adult Swim. co-created by Tyler, The Creator!

can't really say if it's great or not!

EVOLVIST likes this.
  13. seed_drill

seed_drill Senior Member

What's everyone's opinion on the Duck Tales reboot. I've watched a couple of episodes, and thought they were "ok" but not great.

14. Solitaire1

Solitaire1 Carpenters Fan

I enjoyed the new Ducktales. Although I'd seen a few episodes of the classic series I didn't really enjoy it, but I do like what I've seen of the new series. Among the things I like:
    • With the exception of Donald Duck, everyone speaks normally. One of the things that was off putting about the old series was that with so many characters using "duckspeak" it was difficult to understand what anyone was saying, especially when multiple characters were all speaking at the same time.
    • Each of the triplets has a distinctive look and personality. With the original series it seems that the only difference between Huey, Dewey, and Louie is the color of their clothes, but now there is no mixing up the three of them (Huey = the leader, Dewey = assertive adventurer, Louie = Laid back [was called the evil triplet by the other two])
    • It appears that Donald Duck will play a much bigger role in the series.
    • I like that they added the twist that Gyro Gearloose is a potentially mad scientist (often doesn't consider the potential danger of his inventions).

ianuaditis and Zoot Marimba like this.
  15. seed_drill

seed_drill Senior Member

Even my kid is repulsed by Teen Titans Go.

goodiesguy and Keith V like this.
  16. sean monaghan

sean monaghan Forum Resident

Did you try setting it to Wumbo ?

Speaking of anime has any watched Dragonball Super ? And I'd you have what's your opinion on it ?

furrykittens likes this.
  17. furrykittens

furrykittens Forum Resident

That Wumbo line is classic

18. jonmayo15

jonmayo15 Forum Resident

It's gotten a lot better after the 2nd movie.

Zoot Marimba likes this.
  19. Grunge Master

Grunge Master 8 Bit Enthusiast

My kids used to really be into Adventure Time (and I did, too. Ice King was my favorite!). Then they sort of stopped, and then we had no idea what was going on. We are still fans of old Spongebob. And The Amazing World Of Gumball.

20. seed_drill

seed_drill Senior Member

The few I've seen seem to have made Webby the main character, which I find kind of annoying.

21. Hexwood

Hexwood Forum Resident

F Is for Family

I binge-watched the first two seasons on Netflix. It's hilarious.

EVOLVIST likes this.
  22. Solitaire1

I watched the first episode, then skipped it because I'd already seen it as Dragonball Z - Battle Of The Gods. I'd later heard that it goes beyond that so I might give it another try. I did pickup that they are going with a Multiverse Concept with the series, something I'm familiar with being a DC Comic reader.

23. Solitaire1

I didn't think of Webby as a main character but as on par with the Triplets.

Zoot Marimba likes this.
  24. seed_drill

seed_drill Senior Member

I've only watched a couple and they may have just happened to be Webby centric episodes.

ianuaditis likes this.
  25. Daniel Plainview

Daniel Plainview God's Lonely Man

Bubble Guppies

:hide:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.