There haven't been any good new cartoons lately, have there?

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by 93curr, Jan 26, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dillydipper

Dillydipper Space-Age luddite

Until the blu-ray said, "platinum"...:D

2. Bojack Horseman, Rick and Morty. Both excellent.

Zoot Marimba likes this.
  3. MikeInFla

MikeInFla Glad to be out of Florida

I enjoy watching The Loud House with my kids. Some funny stuff on that show.
    [​IMG]

And I read where Mike Judge wants to bring back King Of The Hill with them aged in real time. I'm down with that, I think an adult Bobby Hill would be as hilarious as a teen Bobby Hill.

ianuaditis and Zoot Marimba like this.
  4. Livewire91

Livewire91 Mammagamma Member

Regular Show is darn good and a cool nostalgia trip at the same time. Don't know if it counts as new, but i think it came in 2010 or something. The two first seasons are really good.

5. Tristero

Tristero In possession of the future tense

I've enjoyed Bojack from the start, but I have to say that the last season was really outstanding, both hilarious (two words: clown dentistry!) and surprisingly moving. That episode that focused on his mother was particularly powerful--I'm not ashamed to admit that I was pretty choked up by the end there. She's not the most likable character, of course, but she's very well rounded and sympathetic there. I don't want to give away any spoilers, but the dramatic climax with Bojack and Hollyhock was very effective (and Peanutbutter and Diane too). Very impressive way to finish off the season.

wayneklein likes this.
  6. daveidmarx

daveidmarx Forem Residunt

American Dad

7. Mirrorblade.1

Mirrorblade.1 Forum Resident

Yes it's dead as beta max...

8. ianuaditis

ianuaditis Matthew 21:17

We recently let my daughter put Youtube on the TV, and I should mention that the majority of the awful crap that makes it onto networks is still better than 'obnoxious teenager shouts and does bad impressions while playing video games' or 'precocious brat plays with toys' or 'pair of hands opens toy packaging' that constitute most of what's popular among their friends on Youtube.

MikeInFla and LivingForever like this.
  9. ianuaditis

ianuaditis Matthew 21:17

My 4 year old was really into Big City Greens for a while, (even though he's probably a bit younger than their target audience.) I think that one is really well done. It reminds me of some of the early seasons of the Simpsons, though maybe a bit less PG-13 than that show.

10. Rne

Rne weltschmerz

Teen Titans Go is sort of a guilty pleasure of mine. With almost zero superhero action, or action scenes that only take seconds to be resolved, it's a very well-written parody that both kids and adults can enjoy.

MikeInFla and Exotiki like this.
  11. Ken_McAlinden

Ken_McAlinden MichiGort Staff

The series is always ridiculous fun, and the "Teen Titans Go! to the Movies" movie was a genius parody of superhero movies.

Exotiki and Rne like this.
  12. FVDnz

FVDnz Forum Resident

Only 4 more days to go, along with Order 66 - from Ahsoka's perspective. Can't wait! :)

Also need to catch up on Dragonball Super.

lambfan68 and ianuaditis like this.
  13. xdawg

xdawg in labyrinths of coral caves

I watched "Fritz the Cat" for the first time tonight. There's nothing like that now.
    [​IMG]

14. jbmcb

jbmcb Forum Resident

The kids are just starting in on Gravity Falls. Like a cross between an 80's family sitcom and the X-Files. Great stuff.

Phineas and Ferb is one of my favorite cartoons of all time at this point. It's just fantastic. Even the music is great, and I usually hate cartoon music. They build a flying carpet for their dad, and an overwrought, Disney-esque "whole new world" tune starts up - "You can vary you view of the area on our aerial area rug...."

Here's a short one, but one of my favorites. The kids build an enormous skyscraper to make the city "more interesting." What other kids show has lyrics referring to reinforced joists and pulling building permits? :)

Last edited: Feb 17, 2020
    MikeInFla likes this.
  15. MikeInFla

MikeInFla Glad to be out of Florida

Yeah Gravity Falls is a fun watch. We just went thru all 3 seasons. When it ended I asked my older daughter "is that it?!?". Yep, only 3 seasons. So we just started Recess. For some reason there are only 3 seasons on Disney+. I thought they were supposed to have all their shows on there! We will be done with Recess by the end of the week and will look for something else to watch. Maybe Phin & Ferb, wouldnt mind watching all of those again.

jbmcb and ianuaditis like this.
  16. Exotiki

Exotiki The Future Ain’t What It Use To Be

Phineas and Ferb is one of those shows that was too good to be forgotten

And damn the music was way too good :D

jbmcb and MikeInFla like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.