There was a VOCAL version of that?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by JozefK, May 8, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rigsby

Rigsby Forum Resident

Seeing as how most conversations on this forum end up being about the Beatles or Paul McCartney I'm surprised nobody has mentioned this little "gem" yet...

watch

Elaine Paige singing Hot As Sun with lyrics by Sir Tim Rice (apologies for the awful video quality - also recorded by Noosha Fox I believe)

2. Wright

Wright Forum Resident

Why leave this off the album in favor of the likes of "Please Call Home" and "Leave My Blues at Home"? :confused:

3. munjeet

munjeet Forum Resident

It’s bizarre to me that this track remains unreleased. Personally, I like the two other songs you mention, but if Idlewild South had included this track (in some form) in addition to all of the released tracks, the LP still would’ve clocked in at only around 35 minutes.

Wright likes this.
  4. HGN2001

HGN2001 Mystery picture member

Let's not forget "The Lonely Bull" as sung by Jack Jones, with Orchestra directed by Herb Alpert!

5. HappyFingers

HappyFingers Forum Resident

Joanie Sommers' vocal version of the Bullitt theme.
    Great brassy arrangement that really builds.
    Probably my favourite vocal version of an instrumental.

6. Zardok

Zardok Forum Resident

Engelbert Humperdinck with a rather good version of the theme from Papillon.

7. The Panda

The Panda Forum Mutant

I think the Mothers performed some lyrics to Peaches En Regalia on one of two shows.

8. Zardok

Zardok Forum Resident

A oval of version of Whisting Jack Smith's immprtal "I Was Kaiser Bill's Batman" performed in Spanish by Karina as "Cuando Llegue El Amor" (When Love Comes). Do I get bonus points?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.