Thin Lizzy - Rock Legends Box Set

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by toozeup, Oct 15, 2015.

1. Oyster Boy

Oyster Boy Forum Resident

I picked mine up in HMV (Leeds) today, there’s an offer for a tenner off if you spend £75 or more so it came in at £90. Given I had cancelled my Amazon UK, then tried to reorder and it’s was no longer available I feel lucky. Nice contents, looking forward to hearing later.

2. Hokeyboy

Hokeyboy Nudnik of Dinobots

Got mine this morning. This thing is MASSIVE!! I haven't had time to really go through everything; I've ripped the CDs and DVD and read the reprint of Phil's poetry/lyrics (which was wonderful). The hardcover program reprints is well bound and a quick perusal made me excited to dive into reading it.

I only wish Amazon UK had packaged it a little better. It was shrinkwrapped but not bubble-wrapped, and the box wasn't particularly sturdy. Had a minor scuff on the bottom. Not enough to make much of it, but nonetheless someone might have issue with it. Time for adult movies

3. Swordsandchains

Swordsandchains True metal never rusts

MusicVaultz Canada listed it as a 10/23 release

Jimmy Agates likes this.
  4. GuyDon

GuyDon Senior Member

I don’t know how this happened but Amazon UK shipped my order yesterday and I received it today in the States. Did not expect it to be so massive; I was thinking this was going to be the size of the Tears For Fears box sets.

slipkid likes this.
  5. CURPLES

CURPLES Forum Resident

Curious, who cancelled your order and did they give a reason?

Matthew Tate likes this.
  6. slipkid

slipkid Senior Member

I ordered from them too. Have not heard anything yet. Am in no hurry though, as long a it gets here in the next 2-3 weeks.

primoridal_ooze and Juggsnelson like this.
  7. Juggsnelson

Juggsnelson Senior Member

I'm in the same headspace.

8. ericthegardener

ericthegardener Forum Resident

Base.com - no longer shipping outside the EEA.

Juggsnelson likes this.
  9. Gavaxeman

Gavaxeman Take me back to dear old Blighty...

Amazon U.K. finally despatched mine today

Oyster Boy likes this.
  10. jimmytheshoe

jimmytheshoe Forum Resident

*sigh*
    All of you UK/European folk bragging about your same day/next day shipping and meanwhile I'm just hoping to get mine within the next month after ordering the first day from recordstore.co.uk (US citizen here).
    Man, it's gonna be a great week for me when it finally shows! ;)

11. CURPLES

CURPLES Forum Resident

OK, was just curious like I said, thanks for the reply.

12. Peter77

Peter77 Forum Resident

As a lifelong Lizzy fan (literally - my earliest memory is of being obsessed by the "Black Rose" and "Adventures Of..." album covers), I am super excited that the vault rarities are finally being released after so long.

Huge thanks to Nick Sharp, Andy Pearce and the rest of the team for the Rock Legends box - and, of course, for this little beauty released today!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. Musicminded

Musicminded Forum Resident

Great boxset! Now listening to The Rarities disc 2, just picked this one out at random. Sounds great. Reading some of the quotes inside the Still In Love With You booklet, very enthusiastic offcourse. Overall well put together set. Only little complaint is that they could have done more with the inside of the cd gatefold packaging, which is now only plain black.
    Looking forward to watching the included documentary on the DVD. Enjoy your set!

14. dennis1077

dennis1077 Forum Resident

Yesterday was the release date and still no shipping confirmation. I hope there are no problems with distribution.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  15. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

It's clear that the physical release in Europe was 10/23. For North America it's an import and appears to have a release date of 10/30, not unusual in these type of situations at least in Canada.

16. Dave - A

Dave - A Vagabond of the Western World

Are the CDs in digipaks with plastic trays or are they just cardboard sleeves?
    And can someone please measure the art prints? Would like to get a head start on frames!

Matthew Tate likes this.
  17. dennis1077

dennis1077 Forum Resident

That makes me feel a lot better!

Matthew Tate and Juggsnelson like this.
  18. Swordsandchains

Swordsandchains True metal never rusts

i still dont believe that as MusicVaultz, which is a Universal ran shop in Canada, lists the release date as 10/23

19. Dave - A

Amazon.ca originally had the 23rd too, then they changed it to the 30th. My guess is that MV just hasn't changed their date.

primoridal_ooze likes this.
  20. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

21. Musicminded

Musicminded Forum Resident

They are only cardboard sleeves. You have to watch out that they don't swoop away as they fall out of the sleeve easily.
    Measurements for the art prints are 14,5 cm wide and 20 cm height

Matthew Tate, Gavaxeman and Dave - A like this.
  22. mestreech

mestreech Forum Resident

It's a great and heavy set.

23. Gavaxeman

Gavaxeman Take me back to dear old Blighty...

Arrived today ..wow ..beautiful set ..a lot bigger than I was expecting...nice chunky book ...

Only gripe ..those CDs are rolling around in the big card sleeves , surely a bit of a plastic or paper inner sleeve to keep them in would have been affordable on a box this luxurious

24. Dave - A

I knew I had some of those anti-static inner sleeves left over from a CD Japan order way back when but the question was, "how many?". Somehow I have exactly seven left in that package. Luck of the Irish? ;)

25. Dave - A

Unboxing (for those of us that don't have it yet):