Thin Lizzy - Rock Legends Box Set

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by toozeup, Oct 15, 2015.

1. Juggsnelson

Juggsnelson Senior Member

I got my Music Vaultz package today!!!

2. CURPLES

CURPLES Forum Resident

Congratulations! So did I. Damn that took long enough though, didn't it?

3. Juggsnelson

Juggsnelson Senior Member

It did but we got a great price on it! Music Vaultz still has not let me down...although I was starting to seriously worry lol!

4. The Beave

The Beave My Wife Is My Life! And don’t I forget it!

Awesome guys!! Santa comes through!
    Beave

5. Jimmy Agates

Jimmy Agates CRAZY DOCTOR

Finally got my order from JPC.de yesterday. Took just under a month via DHL but it arrived unscathed and it's truly a thing of beauty. Listened to one rarities disc and the live disc so far...amazing stuff - can't wait to dig in deep on my day off work tomorrow :)

6. WhoDaresWins

WhoDaresWins Forum Resident

fyi- i recently purchased the box set on Nov 16 and i received an email yesterday Nov 24 that my order was dispatatched.

i understand many had problems with their pre-orders from Musicvaultz, but just want to share my experience.

Not sure if my prompt dispatch notice was due to me being a Canadian customer, but, if you are still looking for it the box set is back in stock on Musicvaultz at this very moment.

7. Jimmy Agates

CD Japan sent me a low stock alert and on checking just now they have 1 left of the SHM-CD Japanese version....

8. WhoDaresWins

further update, i received my box set today.it seems like musicvaultz is back online now

Jimmy Agates, slipkid and Juggsnelson like this.
  9. Eiricd

Eiricd Forum Resident

Pre orderd via my usual source.
    Long time no nothing.
    «Sorry, out of stock»
    No box set for me

What a joke

10. Jam757

Jam757 Forum Resident

Has anyone that ordered from Golden Discs received their order or know what the expected shipping time might be? I was thinking 2-3 weeks but obviously could be more given the circumstances.

11. Robamorican

Robamorican Forum Resident

I ordered. It shipped. Made it to the US, and it got sent right back to Ireland for some reason. Golden Disc is ghosting me. No answers.

I asked for detailed tracking and the Post sent me tracking for 10 shipments that got returned the same time.

12. slipkid

slipkid Senior Member

Well I DID get my Musicvaultz order (woo hoo!) but the panic buy I did from the TL store which shipped from UK like 2-3 weeks ago is dog knows where. The mail, especially from outside US, is quite a mess due to covid though. An order of 2CDs from a shop in Finland took like 2+ months b4 that finally arrived last Friday.

13. Jam757

Jam757 Forum Resident

Wow, that’s extremely discouraging. Mine tracks as “delivered” using An Post but I was hoping it was just delivered to customs or something. I’ll let you know how it goes. I guess contacting PayPal is s always an option. It’s disappointing they don’t answer messages at all (I also sent them a few).

14. Robamorican

Yes. Mine says delivered as well. But it was delivered back to Golden Disc. Not delivered to me.

15. Jam757

Jam757 Forum Resident

I had one other question, when you say made it to the US, you mean it tracked on An Post as received at a US location? Mine made it to the sorting center in the Bermuda Islands and the says “we delivered your post.” o_O
    I did fill out their website form to contact them again (instead of replying to the original emails). I’ll let you know what happens.

16. Robamorican

According to AN POST , it arrived into the US and was sent back.

Their online tracking never had it leave Ireland. I had gotten that information in an online chat.

17. Jimmy Agates

@goodhumorman Do you have any idea what quantity of the BBC Lizzy set was made? Cheers in anticipation.

18. Mark From Eire

Mark From Eire Forum Resident

Jimmy Agates likes this.
  19. Jimmy Agates

Ok so the same as the new box then? To confirm I am referring to the 2011 BBC set.

Mark From Eire likes this.
  20. Mark From Eire

Mark From Eire Forum Resident

Sorry I made a mistake, the BBC 3000 and Rock Legends 7000, BTW the 7000 for the Rock Legends was given to me through two friends and they both said they got it on Facebook!

Matthew Tate and Jimmy Agates like this.
  21. Jimmy Agates

Ok cheers for that. Its been well documented on this thread that there are only 7,000 of the latest set. I haven't seen the figure for the BBC set anywhere so I'll take your word for it :)

22. WhoDaresWins

7000 units is actually a lot of units for todays market for physical music media sales. If it is indeed 7000 units to be available, i would suggest those who don't have the box set to be patient and not overpay on ebay. The initial high demand may have been due to distribution problems due to the covid-19 environment.

Jimmy Agates and Matthew Tate like this.
  23. dennis1077

dennis1077 Forum Resident

24. Jam757

Jam757 Forum Resident

7,000 was obviously a huge underestimating on someone’s part. They need to double or triple that number pronto. It pisses me off that sets go out of print literally within weeks. Golden Discs has been amazingly flaky and more than likely heading for a PayPal dispute.

25. Robamorican

Make sure that you request proof of delivery from An Post showing that it was delivered back to Golden Disc.

Jam757 likes this.