Thin Lizzy - Rock Legends Box Set

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by toozeup, Oct 15, 2015.

1. US Mix has a length of 3:11, the original UK album mix on disc 1 is 2;57. That should do.

The Hud and Pouchkine like this.
  2. slipkid

slipkid Senior Member

That is a great set, sorry you missed out. At the time I believe I got it for fairly cheap on Amazon Germany.

Am not sure how much sellers on the 2ndary market are asking these days but you might want to keep eyes out for it, maybe you can get a deal eventually. I say that as someone who at one time had to sell some valuables from my collection and mistakenly listed a 4CD version of something on a 2CD version of the same thing on Amazon, only to sell at like 1/10th its real value. Sigh.

3. Jimmy Agates

Jimmy Agates CRAZY DOCTOR

I wonder how many of these sets were pressed up? Bloody great it is indeed.

slipkid likes this.
  4. slipkid

slipkid Senior Member

I would guess around 2000-3000? Whatever the # is they did not make enough.

5. Leigh Burne

Leigh Burne Forum Resident

No worries. Like I said, I wasn't criticising.

I've come across a few second hand, but all out of my price range unfortunately. Just have to keep looking and see if a bargain comes along one day.

6. evillouie

evillouie Forum Resident

OK, time to resurrect a old thread...

Now that Thin Lizzy are nominated for the Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame, it would be the just the right time for this box set. This would be the perfect tie-in, especially with all of the interest that the HOF would generate.

Whether the powers that be will get their collective arses in gear and finalize any legal red tape and release the thing, that's another matter.

I mean, we can have Thin Lizzy without Phil, and now Laurence Archer is reuniting Grand Slam without Phil...but we can't have a box set of the real deal because of all the legal wrangling. Go figure.

7. FourWalledWorld

FourWalledWorld Forum Resident

I don't know if it's a coincidence or perhaps you saw the link in that thread but there is a mention of the box set possibly coming next February in the Black Friday RSD discussion:

8. Primordial Urge

Primordial Urge Well-Known Member

I wonder if some of the 700 unreleased songs are being used for Black Star Riders albums?

Matthew Tate likes this.
  9. Mark From Eire

Mark From Eire Forum Resident

I very much doubt it, maybe they are influenced by Thin Lizzy & The Almighty sound when they constructed the songs/music in the studio, besides I am sure someone would have said something in reference to using an unreleased track from Thin Lizzy's back catalogue to generate more sales!

Matthew Tate likes this.
  10. Mark From Eire

Mark From Eire Forum Resident

The planed CD box set will be released by Universal on the 22nd February just called Thin Lizzy. I posted this same message on this message board on the 27th October and since then I have not heard anything about it.

Here is the original article from Rock'N'Roll Swedish magazine

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. slipkid

slipkid Senior Member

I would be highly surprised/shocked if any Lynott songs, especially unreleased ones, found there way onto a new BSR album.

Matthew Tate and Jimmy Agates like this.
  12. slipkid

slipkid Senior Member

That timeframe corresponds to some rumors I've heard....we can but hope!

13. Jimmy Agates

Jimmy Agates CRAZY DOCTOR

If it's Feb then we would've heard something more substantial by now...

Matthew Tate likes this.
  14. slipkid

slipkid Senior Member

Yeah I agree, rumors were Feb/March timeframe but we all know how this goes. I'll settle for March/April....April/May....May/June...etc!!

Jimmy Agates and Matthew Tate like this.
  15. longdist01

longdist01 Senior Member

hope there's a boxset released in late Spring of 2020!

slipkid and Matthew Tate like this.
  16. goodhumorman

goodhumorman Forum Resident

Article in the Swedish magazine is pure speculation

Matthew Tate and Jimmy Agates like this.
  17. Anthrax

Anthrax Forum Resident

We're in the same boat. I didn't jump on that BBC box when it was first released figuring I'd probably be able to find a deal a bit later on (I was low on funds at the time), not imagining that it was so limited. Alas! I'd love to have it, but sellers are asking crazy prices for it these days. I keep hoping for a reissue.

18. Anthrax

Anthrax Forum Resident

There are no Lizzy credits on any BSR song, and Scott Gorham doesn't strike me as the kind of guy who would steal from Lynott, especially when his band already includes other prolific writers.

Matthew Tate and slipkid like this.
  19. goodhumorman

goodhumorman Forum Resident

It won’t be reissued unfortunately

20. 99thfloor

99thfloor Senior Member

It references Universal and says 22 February is the preliminary releasedate, how is that "pure speculation"? Maybe on Universal's part in that case.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  21. Does it describe the nature of the Lizzy box?
    A General overview set or a specific period or album ?

Matthew Tate likes this.
  22. 99thfloor

99thfloor Senior Member

It just says it's rarities. The whole blurb is about a bunch of Lizzy-related things, also mentions Chinatown RSD release, Lynott documentary also in February, Eric Bell autobiography coming etc.

Matthew Tate, slipkid and zphage like this.
  23. Dennis Metz

Dennis Metz Born In A Motor City south of Detroit

I’m glad to have one and mine is still sealed :edthumbs::cheers:

24. nodeerforamonth

nodeerforamonth Consistently misunderstood

"Chinatown by Thin Lizzy will be released as a double album with the second album been made up of monitor mixes."

Did this ever come out? I don't see a listing for it anywhere... amazon, RSD lists, eBay, etc...

Matthew Tate likes this.