Third Man Records Vault 38 (Raconteurs Consolers Of The Lonely)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by djej, Oct 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SoundDoctor

SoundDoctor Forum Resident

Now shipping by last name Z-A.

Boomy likes this.
  2. SoundDoctor

One of the new songs is called "Sunday Driver," according to pictures posted on The Vault.

3. Boomy

Boomy Senior Member

Cool!

Maybe they’ll play a few gigs next year.

I can’t wait to see this vault package in person. The extras (besides the two new songs) aren’t the greatest, but the record looks superb and this album holds some sentimental value for me.

Troxad and SoundDoctor like this.
  4. richbdd01

richbdd01 Forum Resident

I have the Kevin Gray cut of this and have no interest in buying this.

I would be much more interested in the first album having a decent reissue/recut, as the original isn’t that great...

Ryan_Pretzel and AZRunner like this.
  5. Former Lee Warmer

Former Lee Warmer Emotional Rescue

I never considered The Raconteurs a side project for anyone involved. (Shrugs)

RockRoom and Joe Spivey like this.
  6. Joe Spivey

Joe Spivey Forum Resident

wish it wasn't the truth

7. Boomy

Boomy Senior Member

Has anyone here received it yet?

8. SoundDoctor

Mine will come Tuesday.

9. SBegonias17

SBegonias17 Forum Resident

Mine arrived today.

10. EricCuda

EricCuda Forum Resident

Got mine today....last name starts with S. The advance 45rpm of two tracks from new album are FANTASTIC! The vinyl and sound from that is actually better than the 331/3's IMO. I just don't have much luck with the vaults pressings in general...there's a scratch on my 2nd LP but you can't really see it given the colored vinyl. Don't really want to send another email to them looking for a replacement. I support their effort though and like their titles. I started with Beefheart release, so I'm a relative newbie .
    The sound is better than the Spotify stream though. I don't own their 2nd album on CD or otherwise.

Johnny Wong and SoundDoctor like this.
  11. Troxad

Troxad Forum Resident

I was so excited because mine was supposed to arrive today, but the package got delayed and won't arrive until Monday. My last name starts with S too.

12. SoundDoctor

I’ve been part of the Vault sine package 30, and I’ve since acquired packages 22, (most of) 23, and 26. My favorite is 33, the 10th anniversary “Icky Thump,” but most packages are good. I’ve even met Jack White before - that was a great experience.

No idea when the new album is coming out, but I’m excited to hear the singles. “Consolers of the Lonely” probably sounds better than the Spotify stream because the digital release was slammed by Vlado Meller, sadly...

Troxad likes this.
  13. Joe Spivey

Joe Spivey Forum Resident

I received vault 38 yesterday and CotL sounds much better than I remember the digital version sounding. More air, giving sense of depth and detail. The new singles, after a couple of playings, have been satisfying. Looking forward to a new album and listening some more.

ex_mixer and Troxad like this.
  14. Troxad

Troxad Forum Resident

I have been kicking myself for not signing up for package 33. I was dying to at the time, but was saving up for a big family trip.

SoundDoctor likes this.
  15. SBegonias17

SBegonias17 Forum Resident

My last name begins with O if that helps anyone.

The sound and presentation on this one is awesome, glad I overcame my initial hesitations.

16. Groovy

Groovy Forum Resident

Last name begins with V and I haven't heard a peep about mine being shipped.

17. Boomy

Boomy Senior Member

I got an e-mail but it only mentions that the shipping label was created. Maybe I'll get it next week.

SoundDoctor likes this.
  18. SoundDoctor

Last name L here.

19. I’m in the same boat. I have not personally heard the first album on vinyl but I’ve heard many comment that it’s not too good. Shame cause I quite enjoy the recording quality of the record and I bet it would sound nice if done well!

20. spintheblack72

spintheblack72 Forum Resident

Last name B and mine arrived yesterday, not played it but it looked ok from the visual inspection. Not sure if I'll hang on to the album or not, if it's a marked improvement on the original which is very good already then possibly I will.

21. pez

pez Forum Resident

Just to confirm, is it only possible to get this via the vaults thing? How goes that work for U.K. customers as whenever I buy records from the US I get hit with loads of shipping taxes?

22. spintheblack72

spintheblack72 Forum Resident

You pay your subscription and it gets shipped to you, I've been in from the beginning and not once been hit with any shipping taxes, so go ahead and sign up with no worry I say if a particular edition takes your fancy.

SoundDoctor likes this.
  23. pez

pez Forum Resident

Wish I’d signed up for this one!

24. Baumer

Baumer Forum Resident

Just received my copy- although I haven’t had a chance to listen to it, it says it is mastered by Vlado Meller!?

They went from Kevin Gray to Vlado Meller?

25. SoundDoctor

Kevin Gray mastered the original vinyl, but Vlado Meller mastered the CD. This new LP was cut from tape by Wes Garland at Nashville Record Productions.

Soundslave and Baumer like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.