Third Man Store

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by Blue Cactus, Dec 7, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blue Cactus

Blue Cactus Forum Resident Thread Starter

Anyone purchased anything online from these guys? The reason I ask is because after four days my order (of a triple LP) still shows "processing." I called them up about this and was told "we only have a 2 person shipping department." Not my problem and maybe this time of year they need to beef up the staffing. I paid right away with Paypal and my order just sits there. Unacceptable IMO.

Don't even get me started about the Patsy Cline RSD fiasco they caused.

Myke likes this.
  2. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

Well, my second order from them, the Patsy Cline set is in the Pre Shipment mode, about 25 miles from my front door. It does say on the site it can take up to a week before they ship. In my case it was 4 days.
    My first order was A Letter Home from Neil Young, 2014, and they shipped that Priority, and I lived only 7 miles from them then. Arrived the next day.
    Current customer services does seem to leave a little something to be desired.
    When I wrote and asked if using Pay Pal to pay was the reason I couldn't see my order on their site, my answer was " I can see it here, and it hasn't shipped yet. It will. "

3. Blue Cactus

Same with me too.

Can't get it for RSD, then they make you wait. :realmad:

4. Myke

Well, getting it for $40.00 + 9.25% state sales tax less than what the colored vinyl would've cost me ($20 more ! ) + a flat $20 shipping fee the rest of the year is a pretty great deal once it's in my hands.

Still not as bad as Rhino. Took advantage of the 20% off sale, never knowing their current "warehouse move" excuse was still on. I paid via Pay Pa;, because it was in stock.
    $105.34.
    Now I find out Rhino has been taking up to 2 months to ship !!!!

5. Myke

Today I had to message them, asking if my order has been handed off to the USPS, as it's been in Pre Shipment mode since Friday. Nothing back yet.

6. Myke

Hi Mike,

Thanks for reaching out! I have looked into your order and I can see that it was marked as preparing for shipment on 12/6. Although USPS does sometimes fail to scan media mail, it could be that our shipping department is still working on packing you order. If you do not see any updates within 48 hours, please let me know and I would be happy to look into this further for you.

Thanks for your patience and let me know if you have any questions in the meantime!

Jess

7. Blue Cactus

Got an email from them yesterday saying mine had shipped and a tracking number.

Hopefully that doesn’t mean shipped from the shelf to the packing department.

8. Myke

Mine was never scanned until it got to town this morning. Typical for Media Mail.

Plan on thanking Jess, after I've rec'd and opened, and played to be sure all is well.

9. Myke

On the packing side, Wow !!! Big ole bombproof, fold over box like Acoustic Sounds uses. Very impressive.

10. Blue Cactus

Mine still shows pre-shipment status even though I received a shipping notification yesterday morning. WTF?

This has been a frustrating experience and I don't think they'll be getting anymore business from me.

11. Myke

They probably never scanned yours either. I've had postal employees telling me all year how bad Media Mail is, and not to use it. I've definitely can say it's been my worst year for it.

Then again, it's become common for sellers to send out the tracking number, while not actually putting the package into the system for another 2-5 days. Even our own members do it in the Classifieds subforum.

Hard to know who's at fault.

12. Blue Cactus

Well, to my utter surprise my record showed up today.

Very well packaged for sure.

Played record one in its' entirety. So far so good.

Myke likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.