"This Is Us" Final Episodes

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by tonyc, Apr 13, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tonyc

tonyc Forum Resident Thread Starter

There used to be a thread on this show but typing "This Is Us" in the search engine does not yield the desired result.

Anyway, this is the final season with six episodes to go. I'm glad it's coming to an end but I have to admit it is still worth watching. If you have not followed it for awhile, they now go into the past and the future. Despite this, it's really not confusing when events are taking place.

jpelg, Bruce and MikaelaArsenault like this.
  2. Rob P S

Rob P S Senior Member

The acting is excellent, regardless of what you think of the characters and the storylines. I'm happy to see it through to the end, and I'll miss a network drama not set in a courtroom, crime scene, hospital or a firehouse.

3. jpelg

jpelg Forum Resident

Still love this show. Randall's storyline is clearly the star, with his sibling's stories as supporting filler. Mandy Moore is fantastic too.

tonyc likes this.
  4. pool_of_tears

pool_of_tears Searching For Simplicity

Hard to believe it’s been 6 years. I warmed to this show, right away. Last season was a bit lukewarm, but this season has been a return to form with a strong ramp up to the finale. Strong cast and characters.

tonyc and LilacTeardrop like this.
  5. tonyc

Series finale tonight.

6. LilacTeardrop

LilacTeardrop "Roll It Over My Soul...and Leave Me Here"

Last week's was a multiple tissue event, (perhaps even more like 4 or 5! :cry:). I've been mourning this show's demise while I've been deeply enthralled this whole season. There aren't many which keep or hold my attention, currently, as this one has done. Well-rounded, fleshed-out characters, thoughtfully written storylines, performed exquisitely by a talented cast. Bravo, This Is Us!! :love::righton:

[​IMG]

SRC, Alan G., EricSwan and 4 others like this.
  7. tonyc

Well, that was a good ending. But, I'm glad it's over.

8. Dillydipper

Dillydipper Space-Age luddite

This has been NBC's fever-dream ever since Parenthood was winding down: "How will we keep this demographic and the Kleenex industry, happy?"

Wonder what they're gonna do now.

I guess there's always A Million Little Things over at ABC, but, it probably moves too fast for Grandma to keep up.
    (And the constant commercials for a late night show with a different "Jimmy", must get her really confused. :p )

9. George Co-Stanza

George Co-Stanza Forum Resident

I enjoyed this show for a while, but I think it got to be a bit too much after a while. Plus, Kevin is probably my most disliked character in the history of television, and his mere presence made me not want to watch anymore. Definitely well acted and well written, but it wasn't for me for the long haul.

10. Bhobb

Bhobb Crate Digger

Just finished it. Great show that veered towards but rarely crossed the line into soap. I found the last episode disappointing, partly because it had to follow the penultimate episode, but also because I was hoping they'd fast forward to when [Kate and Toby's] Jack was in his twenties. They seemed to be hinting at this in previous episodes. Still, excellent script writing and acting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.