this weekends box office

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Dave D, Aug 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dave D

Dave D Done! Thread Starter

1. "S.W.A.T.," $37 million.

2. "Freaky Friday," $22.3 million.

3. "American Wedding," $15.1 million.

4. "Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl," $13.1 million.

5. "Seabiscuit," $11.9 million.

6. "Spy Kids 3-D: Gave Over," $10.1 million.

7. "Bad Boys II," $6 million.

8. "Lara Croft: Tomb Raider -- The Cradle of Life," $5.2 million.

9. "Finding Nemo," $2.5 million.

10. "Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines," $1.6 million.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    What is really sad is that out of all these movies, only one is an original, from scratch, fresh idea...Finding Nemo! Seabiscuit is from a book, Pirates is based on a ride, but at least the movie is not a sequel.....and the rest are regurgitated swine saliva based on TV shows... or they're sequels!

2. Dan C

Dan C Forum Fotographer

Freaky Friday

Yes, it's shameful that all of these are recycled in one way or another. "Finding Nemo" is THE hit of the summer though, so perhaps a few of the studio big shots will take note of that. Of course that could also mean that we'll be subjected to dozens of half-baked pathetic water/fish stories next year. :rolleyes:

While it is a remake of a movie that was originally based on a book, I saw "Freaky Friday" with my kids yesterday and thoroughly enjoyed myself, as did my kids. It was often very funny and had a lot of heart.
    It was also nice to watch a completely innocent non-PG-13 movie for once and not have to worry about some "F" word coming out of left field or any sex jokes and situations that go just so far to avoid getting an R. Other than "Finding Nemo", the offerings of truly good family entertainment have been pretty shoddy. I refuse to see "Spy Kids 3D". The first Spy Kids doesn't deserve to have it's reputation ruined by this slop.

Dan C

3. grbl

grbl Just Lurking

Good to see that Gigli has fallen out of the top 10 in only its second week.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.