Thor Ragnarok*

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Thievius, Apr 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law

yes.... AND, the rainbow shadows remind me of this:

2. Ken_McAlinden

Ken_McAlinden MichiGort Staff

In Taika Waititi I trust. I am more worried about the recent Star Wars trailer that seems to promise no fun at all than I am about this. Of course, trailers can be misleading and teaser trailers more misleading still... :)

3. Zep Fan

Zep Fan Sounds Better with Headphones on

-
    Reminds me of STII:TWOK

[​IMG]

4. Veech

Veech Space In Sounds

Chris Hemsworth has some comedic chops as shown in the Ghostbusters reboot. I think this is hilarious and it's good to see Marvel taking some of the piss out of a stuffy character. I liked the Thor comics as a kid but mostly because of Jack Kirby. It's good to see that the set design here references Kirby's style. Also, giving Thor a round red-white-and-blue shield is funny in itself.

Tree of Life likes this.
  5. neo123

neo123 Senior Member

When he has hosted SNL, he has been very funny. He does comedy well.

Tree of Life likes this.
  6. Thievius

Thievius Blue Oyster Cult-ist Thread Starter

A lot of people (outside these forums) have said this trailer gave them a Guardians of the Galaxy vibe with the fonts, the classic rock, and the humor. Its possible since the Guardians and other Marvel franchises are set to converge with the upcoming Infinity War, that they're preemptively beginning to merge the style of these franchises so that the differences aren't so stark when that eventually happens. Though The Avengers and Guardians both feature humor throughout, they're stylistically a bit different and I'm wondering if this is an attempt to blur the lines that separate them. At least, that's my theory. In reality it may end up just being a quirky decision that only affects the teaser. Only time and maybe a couple more trailers will tell.

The Revealer and Tree of Life like this.
  7. Drew

Drew Senior Member

I saw GOTG and the 70's music was integrated pretty seemlessly IMO. Thor: Ragnorak might turn out to be a good movie... None of the Marvel movies look cheap (IMO) but when that text popped up on the screen I thought it stood out like a sore thumb and looked kitschy from the late 70's/early 80's Buck Rogers TV show.

8. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

This has to be the best THOR movie yet( in anticipation), the last two were doozies.

9. vince

Considering Mr. Thor winds up at the end-credit scene of "Doctor Strange", it makes sence to beef-up Thor with a bit of comedy.

10. alexpop

Son of Odin...
    What's with the boy band fissure?
    Harry Styles, not.

Last edited: May 8, 2017
  11. dogpile

dogpile Generation X record spinner.

"Asgard....is dead" Cate Blanchett is one hot badazz.

12. 5th-beatle

5th-beatle Forum Resident

13. vince

Where can I get that "Rio" t-shirt that Ruffalo's wearing?

14. alexpop

Love it.

Also ..
    Hope Hugh Jackman makes a return ( from the grave x) as Old Man Logan.

15. Ken_McAlinden

Ken_McAlinden MichiGort Staff

Changed the title of the thread. Let's make this the location for all Thor: Ragnarok discussions.

Based on the second trailer, hiring Taiki Waititi to direct continues to look like an inspired choice by the bigwigs at Marvel Studios.

16. vince

Just watched the panel high-lights from Comic-con

Had no idea that the guy from "What We Do In The Shadows" was directing!!!!
    Totally on board now!

17. The Hud

The Hud Breath of the Kingdom, Tears of the Wild

I am happy to have more Hulk. My favorite comic character!

18. I can't say as much for the film itself, but the music choices and fonts used in the promotional material I've seen so far is definitely reminiscent of some obscure Cannon superhero movie, only the approach is intentional on Marvel's part rather than being the result of a limited budget. Also, at this point it seems as if Marvel doesn't really need to put Thor's name in the title of this movie. They're showing a lot of Hulk, and I'm still convinced that Civil War could have performed even better if it had been sold as another Avengers sequel as opposed to a Captain America vehicle. They've already earned a solid following on just the Marvel brand alone, so why not just put this out as simply Marvel's Ragnarok and use the opportunity to create a scenario where several major characters are introduced in yet another crossover? If anything, calling this Thor: Ragnarok might be damaging - especially after how bad his last two standalone adventures turned out to be (though I can appreciate that not everyone shares that opinion)...

19. 5th-beatle

20. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

Since when did Schiit Audio start naming movies?

21. HiredGoon

HiredGoon Forum Resident

Poster reminds me of this:

[​IMG]

--Geoff

22. alexpop

Led Zeppelin has a never sounded so good.

23. 5th-beatle

24. 5th-beatle

25. alexpop

Looks the beastie ThoR yet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.