Thoughts on Bryston BLP-1 Turntable?

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Greenmonster2420, Aug 31, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Greenmonster2420

Greenmonster2420 Forum Resident Thread Starter

Hey all,

I have an opportunity to grab one of these for a great price. It is actually the Gold Note Valors SE, but is essentially the BLP-1 with a Gold Note badge. Any thoughts on this table? Will it be an upgrade from my VPI Scout? The arm is the biggest reason I want to upgrade. I feel my Aida is too much cart for the JMW 9 tonearm. The VPI is a great deck, but the Gold Note B7 should be a significantly better arm. I'm interested if anyone on the forum has experience with this table (Gold Note or Bryston badging).

I am also considering the technics 1210GR

Thanks!
    Spencer

Last edited: Aug 31, 2019
  2. Davey

Davey NP: Hania Rani/Dobrawa Czocher ~ Inner Symphonies

Yea, they are practically giving them away at Parts Connexion compared to that crazy retail $4000 price when it came out, something like $1500 now (speaking of the Gold Note Valore 425 SE, not the Bryston). Must not be selling too well. But the Aida does look really nice on that tonearm ...

[​IMG]

Lotta nice tables around nowadays in that under $2000 price range, but does seem like a pretty good deal at that price. Really hard to beat a good unipivot for sound quality when all else is equal, especially if the mount is really designed right, but seldom is all else equal. I've no experience with this one, though.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2019
  3. Greenmonster2420

Yeah parts connexion is the deal I’m referring to. I have noticed some issues with the JMW 9 and the Aida that weren’t present with other carts, most notably some trouble tracking sibilant vocals. I tried the Aida on a 1200GR and the issues were not present, so I know it’s not the cart. I have tried all of the fixes I’ve found on the web and still cannot tame it completely.

I love the cart enough that I’d rather part with the table than the cart. $1600 seems like a steal for this table (the arm retails for over $2k alone). I expect it would be an upgrade from the scout or the 1200, but would like to be sure as it would be shipped from canada and cost an awful lot to return.

4. Davey

Davey NP: Hania Rani/Dobrawa Czocher ~ Inner Symphonies

I haven't read much about it other than ad copy, and it's actually $1499.95 now in their audiogon ad, that's where I saw it ... GOLD NOTE VALORE 425 Special Edition Turntable (w/AT95e cart) - NEW; Full Warranty; 63% Off; Free Shipping | Turntables | Audiogon

There was a person in another thread having sibilance problems with the Soundsmith/VPI combo, don't remember if he resolved it, I think the feedback from Peter L revolved around anti-skate. Nevermind, now that I did a quick search, I see it was you, too bad.

Good luck, I've bought some small stuff from them before, no problems, but nothing this big. Almost did at one time, but like you, was concerned about potential issues.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2019
    Greenmonster2420 likes this.
  5. Greenmonster2420

Bump. Any one have experience with this table?

6. MontyCaps

MontyCaps Active Member

I ordered the Gold Note 425 Valour special edition from this site a couple months ago because of the deal. Seemed to good to pass down. So far I love it. I moved from a completely rebuilt Thorens Td 150 with a Origin Live Silver Mk III tonearm.

Greenmonster2420 likes this.
  7. MontyCaps

MontyCaps Active Member

New update. If anyone purchased this table based on it having the B7 ceramic tonearm , I would take a closer look. I got a nice surprise the other day. The retailer I purchased it from quickly gave me back my money based on the information I received from gold note themselves. My issue still is with the distributor not the retailer with there empty promises and lies. Nightmare of a experience so far.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.