Thoughts on Heresy IV Grills

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by CatManDude, Sep 22, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boomy

Boomy Senior Member

Could I ask how big the room is...or where you would usually sit or hang around more often in the room? I am finishing a few rooms in our basement and one will be my music room. It's not huge, but I was wondering if these would be good in there. I have also thought about putting them in our Great Room and use as a new entertainment (TV, music) speaker system.

Or I might just get The Fives....no idea what i'm doing. I have goals, I tell ya!

2. CatManDude

CatManDude Forum Existent Thread Starter

My listening room is my living room, which is about 12’X20’. It’s a bit of an acoustic challenge with 12' ceilings, multiple, 8' tall windows, exposed brick and several giant solid oak beams. It’s in an old, turn-of-the-century factory building. Since it’s a multi-tenant building, I can’t crank the volume or the bass too high, but that’s ok because I’m able to achieve my preferred listening level without pissing off the neighbors. Ironic, since Klipsch’s slogan is “Pissing off the Neighbors Since 1946”.

[​IMG]

While listening, if I’m not milling about the room doing stuff, I’m typically sitting on the couch about 10’ directly in front of the speakers.

I debated getting the Forte IV’s, but besides being a full $1,900 more than the Heresy IV’s, I felt they’d be a bit too large (physically not sonically) for my space.

A couple more things to consider. My main amp is a McIntosh MC240 tube amp, which pairs incredibly well with the Klipsch Heritage line of speakers. Also, while I listen to a pretty wide range of music, I most often listen to classic jazz and acoustic oriented music, which the Heresy’s complement very well.

All things considered, based on the size of your basement room, I think the Heresy’s could be a good fit for you. With that said, If there is s Klipsch dealer near you, see if you can get a pair to audition. Three grand is a fairly large investment for most, so considering all of the variables that go into choosing speakers, it’s good to make sure they’re right for you before pulling the trigger.

Good Luck!

John Murray and Boomy like this.
  3. Boomy

Boomy Senior Member

Sweet pic of the room!

Thank you! Yes we have a Heritage dealer here in town. I should have them
    play Nirvana’s “Unplugged In New York” for sure, I usually go to that one when I check out headphones, too!

CatManDude likes this.
  4. Oddiofyl

Oddiofyl Forum Resident

Enjoy. They are great speakers

5. Chris Schoen

Chris Schoen Rock 'n Roll !!!

The darker grills look better (imo). I have 30 year old Heresy II's that are light oak with black cane grills. Love them! :righton:

Clonesteak likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.