Tiger Paw...The Javelin Tonearm

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by StarDoG, May 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StarDoG

StarDoG Forum Resident Thread Starter

Tiger Paw known for their aftermarket mods for the venerable Linn LP12 have dipped their toe into the tonearm manufacturing world with the release of their Javelin arm. Te Javelin makes no bones where the inspiration for its' design stems from that said, ti takes that classic design and builds on it to try and address the weaknesses and operational gripes that came with it.

Priced at £1800 including VAT, as far as "super arms" go it's seemingly actually quite good value. I have no connection with Tiger Paw just thought those not in the UK might be interested to know there seems to be pretender to the ARO throne.
    tigerpawaudio

2. varyat

varyat Forum Resident

Thanks for the post StarDog. As an Aro user I am very interested in Roger's new tonearm- it is getting fab reviews from those who have heard it in direct comparison to the Aro. Adjustability for overhang and built in lift device are a real plus. Arm will be available in both Naim and Linn mounting arrangements.My dealer will be getting his first allotment next week so things are rolling ...:righton:.
    ATB,
    Mark

StarDoG likes this.
  3. Erocka2000

Erocka2000 Forum Resident

I still think they should have put slots in the headshell for fine tuning the alignment. I know they said that put 2mm of play in the base to help with the alignment of some cartridges, but I would like to be be able to move the cartridge at the headshell. Considering carts like Koetsus are extremely long bodied and probably need more that 2mm of space to align perfectly.

4. missan

missan Forum Resident

It's a bit odd building an arm, and thinking skating comes from a centripital force.

5. Davey

Davey NP: Hania Rani/Dobrawa Czocher ~ Inner Symphonies

Yea, that caught me a little by surprise when I read it yesterday, at first I thought it was someone else reporting on the design, but then realized it was actually from the designer. May have just been a bad choice of words, some people still call it a centripetal force even when they understand it is caused by friction and overhang (and not really the offset angle he mentions), but I guess maybe that's just as bad :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.