Time Travel. TV and film

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by MikeMusic, Jul 18, 2020.

1. SteveRes

SteveRes Forum Resident

I'd highly recommend the movie James vs His Future Self. It's a lot of fun. A dude is confronted by his older self who tries to talk him out of inventing time travel.

MikeMusic likes this.
  2. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

Walking Distance.

3. Walt

Walt Forum Resident

I absolutely loved “Dark”! It is fantastic!
    (For those new to it, it should be watched with the original German audio track; the English dub is atrocious).

Stencil likes this.
  4. Jeff Kent

Jeff Kent Forum Resident

In Miss Peregrine's Home For Peculiar Children the kids live in Time Loops that are the same day played over and over. They stay physically the same even though they have lived a total of 70 plus years. There are hundreds and hundreds of Time Loops each with their own time period and they can be used to leapfrog through time. 'Normal' people can't enter the Loops. Here's the scene where the first Loop resets during WWII just as a bomb is about to land on their house in Wales.

YarRevenge and Chris DeVoe like this.
  5. Solitaire1

Solitaire1 Carpenters Fan

Gunbuster (1988 Anime Series)

Features forward time travel for some characters via time dilation (the faster your go, the slower time passes for you relative to those back home). Due to this, some characters take a great jump in time (at one point, one group spends about 10 seconds at near-light speed and when they return to Base 6 months have passed there).

6. Solitaire1

Solitaire1 Carpenters Fan

Although it is not a movie or TV show, I will give the following an honorable mention since it does involve time travel: Shadow Of Destiny (a video game).

The main character is killed at the beginning of the game and wakes up somewhere. A being gives him a device that allows him to travel in time, and he's to use it to stop himself from being killed. It features trips to several different times, and has a total of eight endings (which one you get depends on your actions during the game). Cut-scene movies are available for the game.

The following is one of the trailers for the game.

Derek Slazenger likes this.
  7. Pizza

Pizza With extra pepperoni

I have never time traveled to watch TV or a film.

8. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

Oh, I love that episode!

9. Michael

you're really missing out.

10. Brenald79

Brenald79 Forum Resident

Timecrimes
    Timeline

11. Michael

Timeline was excellent! [​IMG]Sept 15, 2020!

vegafleet likes this.
  12. Luke The Drifter

Luke The Drifter Forum Resident

Harry Potter & The Prisoner of Azkaban hasn’t been mentioned yet.

13. Purple Jim

Purple Jim Senior Member

14. alexpop

15. The Lew

The Lew Senior Member

Purple Jim likes this.
  16. The Lew

The Lew Senior Member

Agreed

daglesj likes this.
  17. alexpop

yeah ..just after seeing it. Didn’t recognise Amy Smart at first, ha... 2004. But .. Ashton Kutcher can act, who knew.

LilacTeardrop likes this.
  18. Love the TV show “Travelers” wish we got a fourth season. Cancelled too soon.

19. rich100

rich100 Forum Resident

Pretty sure that was one series that actually concluded? Might have been a way left open to continue but the story had been told I thought. Really did like that series though.

20. budwhite

budwhite Climb the mountains and get their good tidings.

Yes, a nice ending to that show.
    I thought three out four episodes where great, and some were fantastic. But there was also some fillers. A fourth or fifth season would just have dragged it out to much.

21. Chris DeVoe

Chris DeVoe RIP Vickie Mapes Williams (aka Equipoise)

Happy Death Day and it's sequel Happy Death Day 2U are both incredibly enjoyable. They're a play on Groundhog Day (which is acknowledged in a discussion by the two main characters at the very end of the first film). In both, the main character played by Jessica Rothe is being hunted by a serial killer, being killed and waking up in the same day, trying to solve her own murder. In the second, she discovers why the first day happened.

Yeah, it's a genre film, but it's very clever.

22. musicfan37

musicfan37 Senior Member

I wish they would have let this show continue.

23. Michael

I wish they would have continued this one in the 80's...

The Outlaws

Storyline
    Sometime during the 19th century, Sheriff Grail was chasing a gang of bank robbers when they were all accidentally thrown forward in time to the year 1986. Realizing they need to work together to survive (and perhaps to find a way home), the good guy and the bad guys team up to open their own private-detective agency to fight crime. Maggie was their neighbor and police contact.

Outlaws (TV Series 1986–1987) - IMDb

SomeCallMeTim and musicfan37 like this.
  24. will_b_free

will_b_free Forum Resident

Future Man.

I don’t know who this show angered but season 3 is only available in Australia for some reason. We, maybe it is on Hulu too. But not on iTunes or Netflix yet.

25. They did get a conclusion of sorts but that was just for the season-they didn’t get a fourth season which the creators had already planned out. It was the conclusion for the season and that story arc.

It was what writers call a ‘trap door’ which can be used if a series is on the bubble or if actors might possibly leave a series so that they don’t have to recast it.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2021