Timeless (NBC)

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by HGN2001, Oct 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. James Slattery

James Slattery Forum Resident

On my 35 inch tube set, not an issue.

2. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

I'm hoping they'll do another episode of Timeless and bring back the dead characters from Avengers: Endgame. :eek:

3. I want it on Laser Disc with CX encoded analog tracks and why not CED!

Vidiot likes this.
  4. Dillydipper

Dillydipper Space-Age luddite

5. HGN2001

HGN2001 Mystery picture member Thread Starter

The TIMELESS Season Two Finale DVD arrived today. With a quick sampling, I find it looks quite acceptable. The other two season packages are just DVDs too. I'm happy we got something in the way of physical media.

marmalade166 likes this.
  6. groundharp

groundharp Maybe your friends think I'm just a stranger

I googled Abigail Spencer, and all I can say is WOW! I didn't know she was like that!

Now I'm wishing I hadn't bailed on the show after the first 4 or 5 episodes. I've forgotten what it was that put me off the show, but it was something irritating enough that I stopped watching. Oh well!

7. GreenDrazi

GreenDrazi Truth is beauty

Soooo, what do you mean? You find her attractive? Or that she hangs out with royalty (by marriage)?

8. greelywinger

greelywinger Osmondia

Maybe it's just me, but I liked Jiya better...

[​IMG]

Darryl

9. LilacTeardrop

LilacTeardrop "Roll It Over My Soul...and Leave Me Here"

Loved the show!! Having the historical spin on time-travel, very nice!

For other time-travel shows, I very much recommend:
    Life on Mars (UK) version. There's also a U.S. version; the UK's the original. (There's thread here, which I initiated, regarding which one folks' preferred. I'd read reviews, too. I'm very glad I went w/this version!) For U.S. folks, both seasons available on NTSC (U.S. DVD players) Region 1, though Season 2 is tougher to find & you'll probably have to get it used. It's time-travel, police procedural, very funny & there are also romance elements. This show has it all!! I still have 4 episodes left of Season 2 (I'm really taking my time viewing; don't want it to be over. Think it could've gone another 2 seasons-at least, w/out running on fumes.)
    Travelers (Also excellent, dark). Originally aired Netflix. Season 1 available NTSC Region 1; not Season 2; that's PAL-only.

Travelers | Official Trailer [HD] | Netflix

10. groundharp

groundharp Maybe your friends think I'm just a stranger

I'm not sure how much I can say here at SHF, but here's a hint -- google images. Another hint - "nude".

11. GreenDrazi

GreenDrazi Truth is beauty

heh - I didn’t know that she had been a victim of the iphone/icloud Celebgate

12. Jack White

Jack White Senior Member

I know it is too late to mention, but it just occurred to me that 'Rittenhouse' is the name of the Margaret Dumont character in the Marx Brothers movie 'Animal Crackers'.

13. HGN2001

HGN2001 Mystery picture member Thread Starter

In our 50-year-moon-landing watching, I dug out the TIMELESS episode "Space Race", where our heroes have to stop some sabotage that would have caused a failure of Apollo XI.

Vidiot likes this.
  14. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

Ah, that's a good catch -- I hadn't thought of the tie-in.

15. Linger63

Linger63 Forum Resident

Holey Moley!!!!!!....:yikes: :wtf::faint:

If they had shown a bit of THAT side of her....... the show would have NEVER got cancelled!!!!!..........:laugh:

Of course the time slot would have to change!!!!.....:cool: :righton:

groundharp likes this.
  16. Dok

Dok Senior Member

17. dougotte

dougotte Petty, Annoying Dilettante

18. dougotte

dougotte Petty, Annoying Dilettante

I created two new fans recently. My sister and her SO were visiting and I showed them the first episode. They loved it, and reported they have been watching the rest of the series two at a time! Tonight, I decided to revisit the series, too. I watched the 2nd episode (Lincoln) and loved it even better than the first time. It brings us the best and worst of American history in a way that hits deep.

The PQ on Hulu is very good. I just wish they did 5.1 audio instead of 2.0.

marmalade166 likes this.
  19. Eric_Generic

Eric_Generic Enigma

3 years late, but I'm in the middle of racing through the S1 DVD set, at roughly 2 episodes a night. I am kind of hooked on it!

It's fun, not too exhausting, some humour, attractive cast, lots of different eras to enjoy...and the whole interacting with historical figures from the past.

I'm up to about episode 11 or 12...the last one was about Jesse James and revealed a new character in Emma Whitmore (wait...wasn't the big brains of LOST a guy called Whitmore?). Sometimes it feels a bit repetitive (they even joke about it in the episode about tracking down the original Rittenhouse...."so we just keep dressing up and killing people, you chase me through time, and nothing changes?" or something....I like the pop-culture references too.

Best episodes for me were the Ian Fleming and Houdini ones. And I enjoyed the Apollo 11 one because the lady playing the (unheralded) black mathematician was gorgeous. (In fact, there are so many attractive people in this show, it doesn't matter that I don't find Abigail Spencer "hot"...she is perfect for the role and I like the way she plays it...which I wasn't sure would be the case after the Pilot episode.)

EG.

marmalade166 likes this.
  20. greelywinger

greelywinger Osmondia

Just picked up the complete series DVD set.
    It has both seasons & The Miracle Of Christmas movie. What I like most is the way it’s put together. There are deleted scenes on each disc (so they are spread out). The last disc of the season has the bloopers. Also the movie has deleted scenes & bloopers.

Darryl

HGN2001 and Eric_Generic like this.
  21. Eric_Generic

Eric_Generic Enigma

I need to finish up this series....I got as far as the end of the regular Season 2.

EG.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.