DCC Archive To ID a DCC....

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Gary, Oct 22, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gary

Gary Nauga Gort! Staff Thread Starter

Steve (or anyone else reading this at DCC!), when the repressings are being packaged, new stock is to be released in WHATEVER format, and things are rolling for the company (production wise), I believe it's important to properly ID a DCC.

If there will not be special packaging for new releases but be in normal jewel cases, there will probably be a top "glued" strip that has the bar code, album name and artist - probably for inventory purposes. Please, please suggest that someone from your Art Department make sure that *DCC* REALLY stands out for quick and easy ID. If there is the *special packaging* like the old stock gold discs, ditto on the above.

Right now, with the rarity of DCC product, I find myself leaning over the CD racks to spot the famous gold top outerwrap which means it's a DCC release!

Frankly, I'd rather listen to a DCC version of - well ANYTHING - than take a chance on a stock unremastered copy, a remaster, Abbey Road Special, you name it! And I'm sure I am not the only one!

Just a thought - Thanks for listening!

G

(PS: Just reminded myself of when I wanted to be assured that DCC picked a good pressing plant, having just discovered that all plants are NOT created equal. Sckott commented on the quality of the various plants out there (old board). Since then I learned that you actually TEST the plants for quality control! Should have known (duhhhh :o )! So I'll bet this ID thing has already been thought of at DCC. I'd delete this entry but it took soooo long to type ;) )

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.